The Brikwars scenario thread

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

The Brikwars scenario thread

Postby Arkbrik » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:34 am

I was cruising the net trying to find cool Brikwars scenarios when I thought "Hey, wouldn't it be great if there was a shedload of Brikwars scenarios in one place?", so I made this thread. Submit your Brikwars scenarios or scenario ideas here!

A scenario to start it off:

Dimmy Hunt
Players: 3
Sir Coolname has gone for a hunting trip with his family, friends, guards etc. to shoot some dimmies. He is blissfully unaware that a gang of Dimmy Rights activists are on his tail, hoping to kill him outside the safety of his mansion.
Objectives
Sir Coolname: Kill all dimmies
Dimmy Rights activists: Kill sir Coolname
Dimmies: Be stupid
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby pesgores » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:19 pm

OK.

I have no scenarios though. All of them (and they're just a few) were already submitted.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby ahp77 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Almighty Benny made a few, but they're scattered to different corners of these forums.
ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Blitzen » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Hey guys, isn't it weird that there's already a thread for this exact purpose? It's so peculiar that Almighty Benny posted the scenario that I think is awesome in that very thread.

Almighty Benny wrote:OK here's one that I just came up with, so obviously it's never been play-tested.

A new species of cute, fuzzy animal (called Glomps) have been discovered and local BrikWarriors have found a way to breed them for profit. It's time to eliminate the competition, if you know what I mean. Each team sets up a fortified "Glomp ranch" on opposite ends of the battlefield, and proceeds to try and kill all of their opponents' Glomps. (Glomps can be represented by any special piece that you just happen to have a lot of, because trust me, you will want a lot of them).

Ranged weapons of any kind are not allowed in this game, with one exception: The Glomp Gun. Each ranch may have one giant cannon capable of reaching mid-battlefield. This cannon does 2d6 damage and has a 2 inch splash radius. The one drawback is that the only ammo it accepts are Glomps!

Now you could use your own Glomps for the cannon, but it would be much easier to just go out and capture the herds of neutral Glomps wandering the battlefield. Respawns are on so that eventually, one player will be able to storm the other's ranch and kill all of their Glomps to win.

The best part about Glomps though is that they explode doing 2d6 to everything within a 1 inch radius as soon as they suffer damage. Because of this, it may not be wise to herd all your Glomps together. It's totally up to the player as to how they design their ranch, but Glomps need a food supply, a water supply, and wide open space. You can surround them with 30-foot walls if you want, as long as that wall at least has a gate. Also, Glomps need to be small enough for a minifig to carry, I wouldn't use anything larger than a 3x2 brick to represent them.

Anyway, the aspects of BrikWars that this battle type is emphasizing are:
Base design: You need to come up with a ranch that keeps your Glomps safe both from the enemy and from each other, without sealing them each in their own private reinforced titanium cages.
Resource Management: Using your Glomps as weapons gives you a huge advantage on the battlefield, but the more you use the easier it becomes for your opponent to win in the long run!
Seige Techniques: Like it or not (hopefully, as a BrikWarrior, you do) you're eventually going to have to mount a full scale invasion of the enemy ranch if you want to wipe his sorry ass Glomp-ranching business off the map.
Explosions: Because when you get right down to it, that's what BrikWars is all about!
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Arkbrik » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:30 am

Darn, I never saw that thread. But I think this kind of thread could be useful, so I say we either bump the other thread and let this thread die, or keep the other thread dead and post new scenarios in this one.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Olothontor » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:05 pm

... I now officially worship Almighty Benny as my God. kidko and I totally need to stage a battle using that scenario.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Pooplord

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Olothontor wrote:... I now officially worship Almighty Benny as my God. kidko and I totally need to stage a battle using that scenario.

*ahem*

Also, good to have you back, Olonthotor.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Jaye Tea » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 pm

wow that is a great scenario. The most elaborate battle scenario I used was a large mining complex where player A had to control three of four flags, controlled by player b at the end of the game, 14 rounds.
Glory be to the Bomb, and to the Holy Fallout. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. World without end. May the Blessings of the Bomb Almighty, and the Fellowship of the Holy Fallout, descend upon us all. This day and forever more. Amen!
Jaye Tea
Officer

Return to Bonus Material