Brikwars Troop Scorer V2.0!

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:58 am

Pretty cool! But yeah, needs a submit button.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Olothontor » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:43 pm

Well, with kidko's permission, I could go ahead and start formatting the printable card version for him. But that'll take a bit. In the meantime, just copy your stats down onto index cards or whatever works for you. Copy and paste it, as well, if you like, it could work just as well.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby kidko » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:37 pm

I've been working on all the problems that everybody's mentioned. There are two, as far as I know:
  • No unit card output
  • Custom armor input isn't added to CP
So far, the second one's done. I'm working on the unit card (template's done, it's just a matter of coding in everything), and both will be included in release candidate 5, which should be rolling out in a few days.
kidko
Officer

Postby kidko » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:05 pm

RIDICULOUS BUMP! AND/OR DOUBLE POST!

So, 1.0 is finally out. It's got the unit cards you've all been wanting. The formatting should let each 2-page card fit onto a 3x5" index card; they do for me, at any rate. Enjoy!

Everything was tested under a non-Windows system running Firefox 3.0.8, for those wondering why there may be issues.

Link's the same as always: http://kidkog.googlepages.com/bw2.html
Last edited by kidko on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kidko
Officer

Postby Olothontor » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:08 pm

Win. Utter win. So much win. Oh my God, win.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby MasterEcabob » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:11 pm

For some reason you can't view the card if you add a custom weapon.

Other than that, this is pretty cool!
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby jmatthew » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:07 pm

there is no option for flying units other than the 16" plane.

would it be possible to put in a piece of code that would recognize the phrases "(+xCP)" or "(-xCP)" in the specialties box (where x is any integer), and then add whatever x is to the CP total?

if not that, then at least a box where you could enter in the total cp cost from specialties that could be added to the total cost of the unit?
jmatthew
Cannon Fodder

Postby pesgores » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:40 am

It is much better than before. Great job.

You could always add something else, but right now I can't see what.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby MasterEcabob » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:40 am

I think an option to insert an avatar-sized picture would be the next big step.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby kidko » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:01 pm

MasterEcabob wrote:For some reason you can't view the card if you add a custom weapon.

Grah... My fault. I forgot a bit of code, so it doesn't think that the left weapon's range input box exists (and as a result, can't finish making the card, so it doesn't show it). A fix has been uploaded (v1.0.1)

jmathew wrote:there is no option for flying units other than the 16" plane.

I didn't put "(plane)" there as a way of saying, "oh, 16in is only for flying"; it was just the comparison used in the Brikwars manual. I like them because they help me figure out move ("okay, so it's like, a little faster than a dog, but slower than a horse... 8in."). By all means, feel free to use anything from 2" to 1000" (custom :)) for flying.

jmatthew wrote:would it be possible to put in a piece of code that would recognize the phrases "(+xCP)" or "(-xCP)" in the specialties box (where x is any integer), and then add whatever x is to the CP total?

Beat you to it. There's no support for negative CP, but all you have to do is include "(xCP)" in the specialties box to add x CP. And then, of course, you'll need to change something else so it updates the CP count, but whatever. Support for Specialties CP is there.

MasterEcabob wrote:I think an option to insert an avatar-sized picture would be the next big step.

It's a thought.
kidko
Officer

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:46 pm

2 things -

Seconded on the adding of a pic. And it needs the classic Brikwars card background.

But other than that... This is so much win.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby jmatthew » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:47 pm

kidko wrote:
jmathew wrote:there is no option for flying units other than the 16" plane.

I didn't put "(plane)" there as a way of saying, "oh, 16in is only for flying"; it was just the comparison used in the Brikwars manual. I like them because they help me figure out move ("okay, so it's like, a little faster than a dog, but slower than a horse... 8in."). By all means, feel free to use anything from 2" to 1000" (custom :)) for flying.

I see what you're saying now. At first I was wondering why flying units would be limited to ONLY 16", but it all makes perfect sense now :)

however, if you do have a unit that can fly, it should cost more cp per inch, and I don't think there's an option for that yet.

this is absolutely win though.
there are always going to be things that can be added, I'm sure, but as it is, the raw beauty of this brings tears to my eyes.
jmatthew
Cannon Fodder

Postby kidko » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:35 pm

So, nobody's paying any attention, which is fine. But for those of you that actually use this to any degree, there's a new place for the page. Google has revised its Page Creator service and merged it with Google Sites. As a result, the sites can't execute Javascript anymore.

So I moved it to my personal site. Anybody who bookmarked it or has memorized the link, it has changed. You can now find it at kidkonia.com/projects/bw2.html
kidko
Officer

Postby pesgores » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:49 am

If I give a minifig armor 1d10(1) the total CP becomes "NaN".
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Ranger S2H » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:27 pm

nice troop scorer, but i'm afraid i prefer 2001 edition
does anyone know if dave's 2000 edition troop scorer work with that or were the rules for units changed?
Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

PreviousNext

Return to Bonus Material