Squad Combat special rule: "Johnny! NO!"

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Postby Silent Mobius » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:40 am

IVhorseman wrote:obviously? they're still a squad. had they become seperate, they lose squad status, and thus no longer care about eachother (as much).
So what happens if they get separated and somhow (although I think you would have to suck at getting your units killed) they made it back together but one of the squad mates died? Would that still be the same squad from the beginning or count as a new squad?

If it was still an old squad that could be exploitable for I could get 3 units killed then re-unite the squad. Then there would only be two left and once one gets picked off the other could start the mass genocide(well until he dies in an awesome way of course.)

Also on that note could the unit who gets the bonus get a One Time Only hero feat? Or would it depend on how awesome the implications of having one could be?
Like say the squad is on an enemy plane with the enemy still piloting it. All but one of the squad dies and the last unit gets a hero feat and knocks out the pilots. Then hijacks the plane and in his last stand drives it into a bunch of enemy ground units.
As opposed to-
Him just trying to take on one guy in a duel to the death after the fig killed his squad mates.
Get that corn outta my face!
Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:06 pm

if a squad separates and re-unites later, it's a new squad. what you have to remember is that minifigs have the attention span of a soggy donut. it's hard enough for them to remember which teams they're on like Bonn-o-Tron.

and as for the one time feat, i like it. i'm not going to say it's better than the additional speed and attack, because there's situations where that would probably be better. i personally say that the player has the option to pick one of these choices if a squad is reduced to one.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Silent Mobius » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Yes I agree that does seem to be a good trade off. Just depends on the situation I guess. Although I think the hero feat would be more risky seeing as how the speed and power bonuses are set while you have to roll to be sucessful at your hero's feat.
Get that corn outta my face!
Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Postby Rayhawk » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:51 pm

IVhorseman wrote:what you have to remember is that minifigs have the attention span of a soggy donut. it's hard enough for them to remember which teams they're on like Bonn-o-Tron.

Ah, that's the perfect line of rationalization I was looking for. I may quote you verbatim.

I think that rather than speed and attack and extra feats, I still like the bonus of getting a magic NOOOOOO! die that he gets to use once a turn, on any roll he likes as long as he says "NOOOOO!" when he does it: hitting someone extra hard for extra damage, making a high armor roll to survive an impossible attack, on a Skill roll to hit a difficult target, on a Sprint roll to run extra fast, whatever. I'm sure there are funnier examples that I'm not thinking of.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby King of Brix » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:55 pm

How would you say NOOOOOOO! while eating something? You would choke, wouldn't you? Say he's trying to eat 100 pounds of donuts to keep the assembly line from filling up while his buddy fixes the hatch that all finished donuts go through. He wouldn't be able to ordinarily do this, but with the NOOOOOO! die, he might. But, he is incapable of speaking. Would he claim the bonus roll?
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby Rayhawk » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:16 pm

This may call for a What I Say Goes roll. But I don't think the NOOOOOOO has to be understandable, he could probably get away with it even if he sounded like Chewbacca trying to yell through a mouthful of doughnuts.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:42 pm

Rayhawk wrote:This may call for a What I Say Goes roll. But I don't think the NOOOOOOO has to be understandable, he could probably get away with it even if he sounded like Chewbacca trying to yell through a mouthful of doughnuts.

and the sheer hilarity of someone screaming with their mouth full of donuts is just BEGGING to be used.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby King of Brix » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:20 pm

True... But what if his windpipe is clogged, thus, not being able to yell it at all, and is suffocating meanwhile? It wouldn't be understandable, but he also wouldn't be able to do anything other than try to take out the multiple layers of chewed donut that are clogging his throat? I love making up these situations to argue about :D
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby Carrnevil9 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:25 am

I'd just give him a diceroll to dislodge said donutry. Critical fail results in death, all others result in spitting donut all over your deceased comrades.
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS
Carrnevil9
Officer

Previous

Return to Bonus Material