weapon and weapon add ons (v2 completely revamped)

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

weapon and weapon add ons (v2 completely revamped)

Post by dilanski » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:03 pm

the 05 covers only a bit on weapon's but thing's like bayonet's, scope's laser's, underslung grenade's and energy shield launcher's never came up at all and every one is something an enterprising, resourceful and stupid player would put into battle and then there's other guns like gattling gun's, acid throwers, snipers etc etc.....etc agian so here is my collection of idea's on theese purely awesome peices of technology god bless you operation defcon stormin desert raid blue thunderpant's god bless you indeed.

custom weapon's

super rocket launcher

this baby is a enemies worst nightmare an explosive charge big enough to kill brikthulu and make an atomic wedgie futile the SRPM (super rocket powered missile) comes in 3 parts instead of the standard launcher and payload instead it eeds an extra launch charge.

(launcher):standard rifle (+10" range)

(explosive)
cp:3
dmg:3d6+4
area of affect:5"

(launch charge)

cp:1
should be represented by appropiate element

hyper sniper

a stupidly powerful sniper rifle about 250cal

cp:9
use:5
dmg:1d6+4(when used on living creatures 2d6+4)
range:15"

gattling cannon
more suited to the hilarity of brikwar's than it's partner the gattling gun the gattling cannon sprays the target with a spray of random bullets

cp:9
use:3
damadge:2d6*2+4
range:6+1d6

'link' gun

also known to star wars's battlefront fans as the arc caster this links to targets close to the intended target doing multiple damadge

cp:6
use:3
damadge:1d6+2
range:9"
may link up to any enemy in 1d6+2 range of the intended target

custom grenades

air fuel grenade

the idea came from the game R:FOM on PS3 its a flame grenade that seeps into cracks etc before BOOM!

cp:4
use:2
damadge:1d6+1 (you may use fire rules)
area of affect:a cloud of flammable vapour spreads out at 3" per turn for three turn's then it's lit if the gas comes in contact with any heat source before then it light's early
range:1d6+5"

custom weapon add-ons

targeting device's
any object that assists in targeting/finding etc the target is one of these the object doesn't actually have to be on the weapon it an be built in on a HUD etc

cp:2
-1 of any weapon use rating

energy shield launcher
launches a shield of energy to protect the user

cp:3
range:0"
launches a rectqangle 1" wide by 1.5" tall nothing may pass through that barrier except for bullet's from the user's gun each shield should be represented by a tag on the gun

underslung
launches a small grenade

cp:2
damadge:1d6+2
no are of affect the grenade may be added to a normal attack from that gun and should have ammo represented like on the energy shield launcher

i will add more to the list when i can if you use them please give a bit of feedback as to if they worked or not.
Last edited by dilanski on Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:43 pm

your costs are messed up. other than that, this is a good start, i'd suggest doing some research looking up the actual add-ons available for weapons in real life.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:49 am

birdman wrote:your costs are messed up. other than that, this is a good start, i'd suggest doing some research looking up the actual add-ons available for weapons in real life.
why what do you recommend for costs if there too high it's becuase with custom weapons etc i always like to pay a bit more then there probably worth maybe the add-ons should cost more but it's only a small advantage

also i wanted to keep the rules down a bit with the add-ons i know it takes skill and concentration to target something with a scope but all it basically does is improve accuracy which is what's the scope for also laser. i don't know why i should research real life weapon add-ons if you mean get more then ok i already have a few real life ideas and more fantasy orientated ones on the way.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:16 am

i was really thinking about the 2cp 2d6 explosive device up at the top of the list. that strikes me as being really underpriced.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:56 pm

This idea seems good, but that presentation you made makes it look stupid.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:00 am

pesgores wrote:This idea seems good, but that presentation you made makes it look stupid.
do you mean the layout?

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:17 pm

dilanski wrote:
pesgores wrote:This idea seems good, but that presentation you made makes it look stupid.
do you mean the layout?
Yes.

No separations or bigger letters or colors.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:51 pm

pesgores wrote:
dilanski wrote:
pe[size=200]s[/size]gores wrote:This idea seems good, but that presentation you made makes it look stupid.
do you mean the layout?
Yes.

No separations or bigger letters or colors.
6- PARAGRAPHS PLEASE
there's a lot of information and i didn't want to mix it up like in my wwbw thread

ok

kidko
Officer

Post by kidko » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:09 pm

While the fact that you used paragraphs were nice, keep in mind that it's awfully hard to sort through a bunch of text that all looks the same, with no obvious titles or labels or anything of that kind.
Custom Weapons

Super rocket launcher - the RPG launcher's a one-use rocket. This one is slightly different: instead of changing just the rocket you also need to change the launch charge, so it goes further and has more room for explosives in the projectile, doing more damage. (Stats are for a standard rifle)
Launch charge
CP: 1
Propels any projectile 20 inches. Should be represented by a 1x1 dot or another element
Projectile
CP: 2
Dmg: 2d6+1
Area of Effect: 3"
Should be represented by a rocket element. the overall use is 4 but another unit may add its skill roll too, as its action for that turn

Super sniper - A powerful sniper rifle, i'd guess 120 cal (in the words of Jamie Hyneman: "This kills you....This kills you and everyone else in the room")
CP: 8 (i always pay a little more cp than you should)
Use: 5 (Recommended: scope and laser extras, listed further down)
Dmg: 1d6+4 (2d6+3 when used on living things)
Range: 15"

Underslung - launches a small grenade
CP:2
Use:2
Dmg:1d6
(there is no area of affect)
Something like the above might read a bit easier.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:31 am

Yes, that's a great example.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:50 am

It's weird and a little sad that whenever dilanski makes a long post, it has to be translated.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:19 pm

Ah ah ah

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:45 pm

iv'e just made the change's to the layout will i have to use diagrams and pretty picture's?

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:46 am

dilanski wrote:iv'e just made the change's to the layout will i have to use diagrams and pretty picture's?
Wonderful idea.