Landmines

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Postby DaCoda » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:46 pm

My question is how to mark land mines. I mean, I'd avoid a lump on the field. If you had a piece of graph paper where each square was a stud, or a similar conversion you could shade in the studs you drop it on, and they would not know until they step on it, plus You'd have inked proof that's where is was.
TROLOLO
DaCoda
Champion

Postby birdman » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:05 am

If you had a piece of graph paper where every square was a stud you'd

A) Have a very large sheet of graph paper.
B) Have a very small battlefield.

Itinerary: Either way, you have to cover the entire field with studs. that isn't always possible.
birdman
Galidor

Postby Rody » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:33 am

and consider how much of a pain in the ass it would be to count the studs and squares,
just to find out if a mine should blow up.
and doing this every single time an enemy moves somewhat in the vicinity of mines.

I'd stick to rolling dice, and a vague idea of where the minefield is.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby RJ » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:28 am

just put some random stud on the battlefield - hopefully your oponent doesn't notice

this would probably only work on plates or basplates
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?
RJ
Mega Blok

Postby pesgores » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:41 pm

RJ wrote:just put some random stud on the battlefield - hopefully your oponent doesn't notice

this would probably only work on plates or basplates

Anudder reason to have your battle on baseplates.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby tahthing » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:23 pm

theres a thing called blue-tack.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:55 pm

I agree with Pesgores that battles are better on baseplates but I just don't have that many and they're freaking costly.
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil

Postby Rody » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:48 pm

I have huge baseplates, and several road baseplates.
but still, I prefer stands.
mostly because my parts collection is limited enough that I can't make that much lego based scenery, and use warhammer scenery instead.
baseplates would then just look weird. particularly because the have football field lines printed on them. (the bigger two at least)
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby RJ » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:23 am

why would placing landmines be a good reason to have baseplates? wont they just get scortched?
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?
RJ
Mega Blok

Postby pesgores » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:06 am

RJ wrote:why would placing landmines be a good reason to have baseplates? wont they just get scortched?

You are moving your troops then WHOOPS your finger hits a landmine and it goes far away from there, and only ends under the drawer and you'll lose 5 minutes of BrikWars trying to take the mine back.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby RJ » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:10 am

My point exactly
RJ
Mega Blok

Postby tahthing » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:58 pm

ide just say it exploded because the gods decided it would.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby piltogg » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:06 pm

when bothering with mines, just actually put a mine in a concealed spot when it is your turn to move or pregame, if the player playing the enemy sees you put the mine there, then his army knows where it is, if not then he doesn't. the smallest technik spacers work pretty well as mine representation. The only problem is that some silly players may wish to place mines in the middle of an open field or baseplate, where they can't be concealed, rather than at a chokepoint. In this case a single mine would not even be very effective anyway, so the player wishing to make a minefield over a large area is forced to put as many mines there a nescisary to prevent the desired target from passing, which is what they have to do anyway. It makes little difference that the opposeing player knows where the mines are, because they would be fairly easy to spot there in real life as well (comparatively)
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Almighty Benny » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:09 pm

people have been putting down lots of mines in my forum battle, which works well because then I know where they are, and the player who sets them knows where they are, but nobody else has any idea

None have been stepped on so far, but it's only a matter of time...
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:03 pm

I think I'm just going to use a bunch of chains to mark out where the minefield is.

PS D-Day battle is probably going to be today so watch for pics this week.
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil

PreviousNext

Return to Bonus Material