BattlePack Stats

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

BattlePack Stats

Postby Foggy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:26 pm

Rayhawk wrote:One of the many things I wanted to do but never got around to was making BW stats for all of the chess sets as they came out, so that anyone who picked one up could just come to brikwars.com and download ready-to-go stats for instant battle. These battle packs deserve some too.

You heard the man, Brikwarriors! In this thread we shall assemble the statistics for the various Brik sets that we pick up and use.

XXXImperial DropshipXXX
http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7667
-Infantry-
x3 Minifigs (Stormtroopers) 4cp ea.
x1 Pilot (Black Stormtrooper) 4cp
x2 Pistols 3cp ea.
x2 Rifles 5cp ea.
Total: 32cp

-Imperial Dropship-
Size 5
Structure 1("If it flies quickly, it dies quickly.")
Base cost 5
Armor 1d10
Propulsion 10" (30cp)
Total: 35cp

-Weapons on Ship-(Them little red things)
Size 1
Cost 3(x2)
Use 3
Range 6
Damage 1d6

One pilot, up to 4 passengers with drop-thingy.

Grand Spankin' Total: 73cp.
Last edited by Foggy on Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We're not here for story time people, lets talk about all the sexy violence!"
-Yahtzee
TROLOLO
Foggy
Officer

Postby Foggy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:42 pm

The both of you! Quit soiling my work!
-Yahtzee
TROLOLO
Foggy
Officer

Postby Rayhawk » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:52 pm

Should I make some kind of template for these? It'd be nice to have a Set Stat Card on the level of a Minifig Stat Card.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby piltogg » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:57 pm

that would be awesome. ready made army+stat card sort of thing
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:10 pm

wait. are you saying we should start making stats for EVERY set? i hate to be the bearer of bad news (this is a lie. i love doing this), but there's far too many sets for something like this to happen.

personally, i'm gonna say that set stat cards would be far too impractical to pull off. on more popular sets, sure. on newer sets that you're all picking up, i'd love seeing people publish stats on sets they get. but this diminishes on what brikwars is about.

for example on the imperial dropship. it's completely up to player preference if they want to say that those little red things are weapons or if they're spotlights, as well as speeds and structure levels of each set. i think that standardizing in that regard will take away creativity.

however for the chess sets and the battlepacks, those could potentially have statcards along with them. but my question is... why not just treat them as regular minifigs and have them do battle?
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby piltogg » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:14 pm

well in the case of the clone battle packs it is usualy obviouse when someone is using them so they should either be more standerd troops that have no identities or they should be an uber eleite squadron instead of normal.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Foggy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:55 pm

IVhorseman wrote:wait. are you saying we should start making stats for EVERY set? i hate to be the bearer of bad news (this is a lie. i love doing this), but there's far too many sets for something like this to happen.

Not every set. It up to you which one(s) you want to put up.

personally, i'm gonna say that set stat cards would be far too impractical to pull off. on more popular sets, sure. on newer sets that you're all picking up, i'd love seeing people publish stats on sets they get. but this diminishes on what brikwars is about.

How so? Ah, I see.

for example on the imperial dropship. it's completely up to player preference if they want to say that those little red things are weapons or if they're spotlights, as well as speeds and structure levels of each set. i think that standardizing in that regard will take away creativity.

While this has some truth to it, I think it will make things just a wee bit easier to get a pick-up game moving.
Sure, you could do what you want with the stats, thats what make Brikwars Brikwars.

however for the chess sets and the battlepacks, those could potentially have statcards along with them. but my question is... why not just treat them as regular minifigs and have them do battle?

Sure. Go right ahead. I am not one to stop you nor is anyone else.
-Yahtzee
TROLOLO
Foggy
Officer

Postby Foggy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:02 pm

Rayhawk wrote:Should I make some kind of template for these? It'd be nice to have a Set Stat Card on the level of a Minifig Stat Card.

With a please and a thank you!
-Yahtzee
TROLOLO
Foggy
Officer

Re: BattlePack Stats

Postby Korwinblue » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:20 am

Foggy wrote:
Rayhawk wrote:One of the many things I wanted to do but never got around to was making BW stats for all of the chess sets as they came out, so that anyone who picked one up could just come to brikwars.com and download ready-to-go stats for instant battle. These battle packs deserve some too.

You heard the man, Brikwarriors! In this thread we shall assemble the statistics for the various Brik sets that we pick up and use.

XXXImperial DropshipXXX
http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7667
-Infantry-
x3 Minifigs (Stormtroopers) 4cp ea.
x1 Pilot (Black Stormtrooper) 4cp
x2 Pistols 3cp ea.
x2 Rifles 5cp ea.

-Imperial Dropship-
Size 5
Structure 1("If it flies quickly, it dies quickly.")
Base cost 10
Propulsion 10" (10cp)

-Weapons on Ship-(Them little red things)
Size 1
Cost 3(x2)
Use 3
Range 6
Damage 1d6

Can potentially (carry and drop off at any point) up to 4 Minifigs.

CP Total: 26.
Grand Spankin' Total: 58cp

EDIT: Worker's notes.
Hey, its good for getting your guys there in a hurry, do a -very- little shootin', and haul ass to the rear for a refill.
When I pick up the Rebel one, its gonna be a different story.

I thought that the black Storm Trooper was a Dark Trooper?
Korwinblue
Champion

Re: BattlePack Stats

Postby Foggy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:27 am

Korwinblue wrote:I thought that the black Storm Trooper was a Dark Trooper?

Oh...well, I assumed, y'know, since he's driving and wearing something other than white...he might be a pilot.

For the sets I do, I'm just calling them as I see them.

But hey, pop him out of the cockpit before the game, give him a gun, and voila! he's a Dark Trooper!
Give him a bigger gun and a chainsaw and he's a Space Marine!
The possibilities are endless!
-Yahtzee
TROLOLO
Foggy
Officer

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:57 pm

hahahaha don't even get me STARTED on star wars canon. Without looking, i assure you that the pilot is not an imperial dark trooper. Dark troopers (while there's debates over exactly what they were) were super duper insane troops that could singlehandedly wipe out a rebel base. A dark trooper was a man in a suit in armor plating with droid-enhanced movements and reactions, effectively creating a one man super speed tank. with jetpacks. did i mention they're about 12 feet tall?

this incarnation of a black storm trooper is most likely an imperial pilot.
IVhorseman

Postby Foggy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Rebel Scout Speeder

-Infantry-
x4 Minifigs (Rebels) 4cp ea.
x2 Pistols 3cp ea.
x2 Rifles 5cp ea.
Total: 32cp

-Scout Speeder-
Size 7
Structure 2
Base cost 14
Armor 2d10
Propulsion 8" (4cp)
Total: 18

-Weapons on Ship-(Turret)
Size 3
Cost 9
Use 9
Range 18"
Damage 3d6

One driver, one gunner, and up to two passengers.

Grand Spankin' Total: 59cp

Worker's notes: The turret can be taken off the speeder and set up as a sentry tower. I'm not sure if that will warrent extra cp, but after comparing this to the Imperial Dropship I believe it should be.
Last edited by Foggy on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Yahtzee
TROLOLO
Foggy
Officer

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:32 pm

well shadow troopers and imperial pilots have different uniforms, albeit in the same color. a pilot is a black stormtrooper with a bunch of tubes and hoses to further imply that he's a pilot, but is NOT dressed in field combat ready armor. a blackhole trooper however, is just a regular stormtrooper painted black.

looking at this thing closely, it appears more like it's designed as a more or less one-time-use imperial vehicle. Similar to the british gliders of WWII used to drop commandos into enemy territory, this dropship is meant to fly in fast, hopefully evade AA guns, and then land or crash land to deploy troops to get up, get out, and start firing. even the pilot's trained for combat!

although, this whole discussion about commandos is inspiring me to make a commando stat card... :twisted:
IVhorseman

Postby DarkWolf » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:38 pm

IVhorseman wrote:well shadow troopers and imperial pilots have different uniforms, albeit in the same color. a pilot is a black stormtrooper with a bunch of tubes and hoses to further imply that he's a pilot, but is NOT dressed in field combat ready armor. a blackhole trooper however, is just a regular stormtrooper painted black.

looking at this thing closely, it appears more like it's designed as a more or less one-time-use imperial vehicle. Similar to the british gliders of WWII used to drop commandos into enemy territory, this dropship is meant to fly in fast, hopefully evade AA guns, and then land or crash land to deploy troops to get up, get out, and start firing. even the pilot's trained for combat!

although, this whole discussion about commandos is inspiring me to make a commando stat card... :twisted:

Which reminds me to buy some Episode 2 Lego Clone troopers so I can convert them to Delta Squad:
Boss: Orange: Da Leader/Jango Fett without the decapitation "Delta Squad, lock and load!"
Scorch: Yellow: Joker/Demo expert "Is it too late to become one of those fighter pilots?"
Fixer: Green: By The Book Nerd/Joy-Killer "62 [Scorch] Will you can the chatter until you've got something useful to say?"
Sev: Red: Sniper/psycho "Oh my God, I can't believe it! I've lost count of my kills!"
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Postby Rayhawk » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:14 pm

Foggy wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:wait. are you saying we should start making stats for EVERY set? i hate to be the bearer of bad news (this is a lie. i love doing this), but there's far too many sets for something like this to happen.

Not every set. It up to you which one(s) you want to put up.

Yeah I like that part, it's a self-limiting process. If a set's not cool enough for someone to put in the effort in the first place, it never gets done. Win - win!

Foggy wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:for example on the imperial dropship. it's completely up to player preference if they want to say that those little red things are weapons or if they're spotlights, as well as speeds and structure levels of each set. i think that standardizing in that regard will take away creativity.

While this has some truth to it, I think it will make things just a wee bit easier to get a pick-up game moving.
Sure, you could do what you want with the stats, thats what make Brikwars Brikwars.

That's my feeling on the subject. Besides making the pick-up games easier, I also see it as a way to help encourage beginners. And lastly I'm hoping that people come up with funny special details for some of the sets, to inspire the casual visitor with more examples of the kinds of funny things that are possible in the game.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Next

Return to Bonus Material