New unit type: Mecha pilot

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Postby Carrnevil9 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:48 am

Commander Evil wrote:Don't forget the cute yet emotionally distant albino girl who eventually turns us all into Tang.

I am also going to vent this out of my system for better or worse right now, I am not a fan of Gainax (I hate EVA. They're giant meat bags! With armor! Not mecha! No, I don't care what Super Robot Taisen says about this! I gave away my EVA collection to a friend because I didn't want it sharing shelf space with Gundam and Zone of the Enders of all things! And I don't even want to touch Escaflowne with a Longinus Lance capable of pinning a red mecha to the ground!).

All this being said, you're more or less spot on like Bonn-o-Tron.

On another note, to Darkwolf, I'm rather certain you have neither the resources or perhaps even desire to watch much anime, but for the type of pilot you describe I can't think of a better anime than Full Metal Panic! (and FMP? FUMOFFU & FMP! TSR). Well, perhaps I can, but Sousuke Sagara is the best.

Final note to anyone who doesn't watch anime: It's a dirty habit and your feelings are justified, please look with pity and not disdain on those of us discussing the frivolities of cartoons. I am deeply sorry to have wasted your very limited time upon this earth reading both the above and this disclaimer.
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS
Carrnevil9
Officer

Postby Tzan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:34 am

A great style guide for a mecha pilot would have to be Hamtaro.
Just remember to give him a sunflower seed before the battle begins and he is unstopable. Well you can't stop him from talking anyway.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby DarkWolf » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:11 pm

Carrnevil9 wrote:On another note, to Darkwolf, I'm rather certain you have neither the resources or perhaps even desire to watch much anime, but for the type of pilot you describe I can't think of a better anime than Full Metal Panic! (and FMP? FUMOFFU & FMP! TSR). Well, perhaps I can, but Sousuke Sagara is the best.

Correct. I haven't watch any anime in over five years. I've spent those five years watching SciFi/History/Discover channel(s) and TruTV and blowing sh*t up in videogames. Recently, it's moved mostly to blowing sh*t up, but you get the idea.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Postby Carda » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Full Metal Panic is definitely worth a look if you like Mechs or Mecha. The show is about 1/3 Highschool Hijinx Comedy and 2/3 Badass Mercenary Mech Piloting. And in a few cases both at the same time.
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/
Carda
Officer

Postby Rayhawk » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:17 pm

Carrnevil9 wrote:Final note to anyone who doesn't watch anime: It's a dirty habit and your feelings are justified, please look with pity and not disdain on those of us discussing the frivolities of cartoons. I am deeply sorry to have wasted your very limited time upon this earth reading both the above and this disclaimer.

That's right! This forum is about simulated hypermasculine posturing between tiny plastic figurines designed for eight-year-olds, not this frivolous cartoon-inspired nerdery.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Carda » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:58 am

Rayhawk wrote:That's right! This forum is about simulated hypermasculine posturing between tiny plastic figurines designed for eight-year-olds, not this frivolous cartoon-inspired nerdery.

I think that about sums up what we've been talking about all this time.
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/
Carda
Officer

Previous

Return to Bonus Material