Look ma! A campaign!

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Look ma! A campaign!

Postby Doc Savage » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:35 am

Good morning! I am new to the forums. I am a member of Nitewatchman's crew. This is a campaign using blokbots (pictures forthcoming) and minifigs and, of course, any creation available to the readily accessible imagination.

A Brikwars Campaign

It was a lovely day in the land of the possible, and the parrots were talking, the cook was banging his pots and pans about, and the sun was just beginning to peep out from behind the early morning clouds. Yes, it was going to be a beautiful day. Wait…parrots? Cooks? When did these get here? I remember no parrots! I remember no cooks! What is this madness?! I and my minions will crush the life out of these miserable, inferior, yellow creatures and what appear to be half-minded pets called “dimmies” and “gingers”! There will not be one body part connected to another by the time we are done! BLOKBOTS, ATTACK!!
Dr. Robotnik, from The History of Someplace, Vol. XVIII

Robotnik Log –-
We have discovered several small colonies which have sprung up around us while we were in our hundred-year long hibernation used to recover from our recent conquest of the Dewplo’s. These colonies house the minifigure puppets used by their evil humans, who by their very existence threaten our livelihood – they threaten to cut off our access to our Mother! The Dewplo’s took Her and buried Her somewhere and now we must find Her! We kept the head of one of our enemy to tell us where She is, but we need an open path. Our only hope of finding her lies directly through these minifigures and their half-minded pets, which they call “dimmies” and “gingers”. We must strike now, while we have the element of surprise. Our hibernation cells being underground, the minifigs have not discovered us yet and we must attack, even though we may not be at our full strength or even half. We do, however, take comfort in the fact that they are not either. May Mother soon be with us.

OBJECTIVES:
1. Use the Dewplo’s head to rescue Mother – without Her we are lost!
2. Don’t lose all troops – even in Brikwars, driving the minifig scum from our shores should trump destruction.
3. Kill as many minifigs as possible.

PLAYERS:
1. One player should play the Blokbot faction, and one player should play the minifig faction.
2. One other player may play with the player of the Blokbots, but being the first meeting of the minifig and Blokbot, the battle should be small and no more than three players may play at this point, and the Blokbots should always outnumber the minifigs by a ratio of about 2:1.*

NUMBERS:
1. Small battles – these are meant to be only small scuffles in the dirt. The side of the minifig may consist of no more than 15 units with one small (less than structure level 2) vehicle, while the Blokbot side may have no more than 30 units (no minifigs) with either two small vehicles or one medium (less than structure level 3) vehicle.
2. Medium battles – these skirmishes are fought on a slightly grander scale and as such the carnage should be rather more widespread. There may only be 25 minifigs with three or four small vehicles or two medium vehicles. There may be between 45 and 50 Blokbots with five or six small vehicles, four medium vehicles, or one large (less than structure level 4) vehicle.
3. Large battles – these out and out, death-dealing, no-guts-no-glory battles are meant to completely wipe out the small villages of minifigs and entire battalions of Blokbots. There may be as many units as can be fielded, given that the Blokbots still have roughly a 2:1 advantage. Huge (up to structure level 6**) vehicles are fair game as well.

*This campaign will have a delightful mix of small, medium, and large battles. This is just the first.
**Vehicles with a structure level of 6 may only be attained by placing either force fields or shield generators on its outside hull, thereby raising its normal armor plating by one level. Once knocked out in a particular spot, they are gone from the entire vehicle.

Enjoy! Hope you like it.
Nitewatchman will be posting the space part of the campaign soon.
The brave Blokbot dies a thousand deaths, the cowardly one only five hundred.
TROLOLO
Doc Savage
Battlefield General

Postby benkim123 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 am

Nice! :)
benkim123
Jaw-Jaw

Postby birdman » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:56 am

Interesting. I recall some thread about blokbots before this... in artwork, maybe? i don't remember.

anyhoo, welcome to the forums, we got fun n' games.
birdman
Galidor

Postby benkim123 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:52 am

AND GORE! :twisted:
benkim123
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Doc Savage » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:26 am

birdman wrote:Interesting. I recall some thread about blokbots before this... in artwork, maybe? I don't remember.

anyhoo, welcome to the forums, we got fun n' games.

Yeah. That was Nitewatchman posting artwork of Blokbots destroying.
The brave Blokbot dies a thousand deaths, the cowardly one only five hundred.
TROLOLO
Doc Savage
Battlefield General

Postby Nitewatchman » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:05 pm

Yep, I drew that, and this man here, the one writing the thread, is one of the fellows that I play with. ^^ We've decided to randomly write a couple campaigns and play 'em.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Return to Bonus Material