Knife!

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Knife!

Postby Greenkey15 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:03 pm

No soldier would be caught dead without a knife somewhere in their BattleSuits. Minifigs will hide knives in obscure places just in case a Brikinid Hive Fleet tries to eat the planet. Knives are commonplace among most Minifigs. Here's their stats:

Use: 4
Damage: (size of creature) d6-2

Minifigs cost one CP less if they don't have a knife hidden somewhere for desperate measures. All minifigs, officers, and heroes carry one unless said otherwise. This could be the answer to the whole "unarmed combat" thing. If all minifigs carrry a weapon somewhere that costs nothing, then there would be no need to have silly rules for fists. If you want to add the knife ability to a creature, you may add it for free as long as the creature has a mind. In other words, if you have a custom unit for your army, they can probably stash a shiv somewhere in their armor or they have claws.

You don't even need a piece for a knife, as it would be assumed that everyone has one, you would not need to keep track of it. Knives may only be used if the minifigure has no other weapons to fight with.

Good idea, bad idea? I wantses yours opinionses.
Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Postby birdman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Sexy.
birdman
Galidor

Postby piltogg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:17 pm

well, what if people start throwing knives, if they cost nothing then you would essentially be giveing any minnifig on the field both a hand weapon, and an unlimited amo ranged weapon. also, some types of minnifigs wouldn't carry knives (most civilians, TL0 armies, slaves)
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Greenkey15 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:45 pm

You can't throw them, and if you did you wouldn't have a knife. You only get one.
Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Postby Warhead » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:15 pm

I sort of like the knife idea but the 'at no cost' might be unworkable. How about a team cost, one payment arms all?

The throwing thing can be explained away by saying that these combat knifes are not weighted for throwing and are more for hand to hand combat.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby kidko » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:39 pm

as Greenkey15 said, deciding that each minifig only has one knife would go a long way towards solving the throwing issue. After all, why would you get more than one for free, much less more than five or six of them (all you'll probably get to throw).
kidko
Officer

Postby Doc Savage » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:48 pm

If they get that, only a certain type of unit should get them.

But it does say in the rulebook that minifigs can't do that.

Maybe you could make something similar to the "stash" ability that santis and the other knight units have, but it only applied to hand weapons. Then you could have concealed pistols and whatnot....great for spies!

You could say spies get two hand weapons or two pistols, and mobsters could carry a sawed off shotgun under their trench coats!

Providing they're wearing the appropriate clothing, of course.

And that they all have their licenses.
The brave Blokbot dies a thousand deaths, the cowardly one only five hundred.
TROLOLO
Doc Savage
Battlefield General

Postby Greenkey15 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Maybe there shouln't even be an option not to have a knife. I do like Doc Savage's idea of the "stash", and I thought of that first, but this is more to solve the whole "no unarmed combat" thing. There isn't unarmed combat, just knife fights.
Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Postby jifel » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:29 pm

I have an idea. an unarmed minifig automatically spends one turn moving towards the nearest weapon and picking it up. He may not do ANYTHING else.

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Postby benkim123 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:53 am

I think skeletons should use their arms as a stick to attack someone if they are unarmed.
benkim123
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Nitewatchman » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:55 am

benkim123 wrote:I think skeletons should use their arms as a stick to attack someone if they are unarmed.

Or their legs, and just reduce their movement by half.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Postby Arkbrik » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:33 am

jifel wrote:I have an idea. an unarmed minifig automatically spends one turn moving towards the nearest weapon and picking it up. He may not do ANYTHING else.

jifel

That rule is unnecessary, since I can't imagine anyone wanting their unarmed minifigs to do anything else unless they have a damn good reason for it.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby pesgores » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:53 am

Nonexistant weapons = not approved.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby benkim123 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:54 am

???
benkim123
Jaw-Jaw

Postby pesgores » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:58 am

I mean, weapons that don't get a physical space in battlefield are not approved. It's the same as playing Cowboys with your hands, you can't kill anyone, unless you're Chu ck Nor ris.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Next

Return to Bonus Material