My 2005 Rules Supplement

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

My 2005 Rules Supplement

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:13 pm

I thought that quite a few important things are missing from the 2005 rules so I made my own supplement to it and here it is.

Mediks/Mechaniks

Mediks: Cost: 4 CP
Armour: 1d6-1
Skill: 1d6
Move: 5”
Medikal Training: 6 CP
A Medik may try and revive a dead unit at a use rating of the amount of rounds that the unit has been dead + 2. The Medik takes -2 if he is not using Medikal Equipment.

Mechaniks: Cost: 4 CP
Armour: 1d6-1
Skill 1d6
Move: 5”
Mechanikal Training: 6 CP
A Mechanik can try to repair a point of structure damage on a vehicle with a use of 4.
A Mechanik can also try to fix components at a use of (Component Size) + 3
The Machanik takes -2 if he is not using Mechanikal equipment.

Mechanikal/Medikal Equipment Costs 2CP

Mediks/Mechaniks may use a 2H weapons with their equipment as it is assumed that they clip their equipments onto a belt or something.
Shields/Equipment
Shields: A shield adds (Creation Size) X 2 extra points that must be taken down before damage can be done to the creations structure. Every 1 point of damage takes down 1 point of shields. If an attack does more damage than the creation has shields, the remaining damage is used in a regular attack against the target and the defender uses the creation regular armour. Raising and lowering shields counts as an action. A player can say that a unit is starting with shields up. Shields must be represented somewhere on the creation. If the component is destroyed, the shields are rendered inoperable. The shields component has Structure Level 2 levels lower than the Creation and have (Size) hit points.
Shields cost (Creation Size) X 2
Example: a 12” long gunship has 24 points of shields and is attacked. The attacker succeeds in using their weapon and proceeds to roll damage. They get 15 for damage. This damage is subtracted from the gunships’ shields. The gunship has 9 points of shields left. On the attacker’s next turn, they shoot at the gunship again and do 12 points of damage. This takes down the shields of the gunship and does 3 extra damage that the defender rolls against normally.

Jetpacks: 5 CP
Jetpacks double a minifigs move speed.

Flippers: 3 CP
Flippers double a minifigs move speed while in water.

Air tanks: 3 CP
Air Tanks allow minifigs to survive underwater or in space indefinitely

Any ideas for tweaks would be appreciated
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil

Postby Popchik » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:35 pm

I like. seems like it would take paper and pens/pencils to keep trake of shields though.
I'm gonna use some of these in upcoming Brikwars. Thanks!
Popchik
Hero

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:42 pm

The shield seems a bit too powerful; how about having the shield add 1/2 as many structure points as the original size, and letting it recharge at a rate of 1 point per turn?

The mechanik and medik rules sound a lot like mine, but you should allow mechanix to work together to repair larger subsystems more easily (the combined skill rolls of all the mechanix working on one system has to equal the use rating). Other than that, these are good rules.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:46 pm

I forgot to add that you use pips to count shields.

TBD; sorry, I think I did take part of my Medik/Mechanik rules from you. Props to you.
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Here are some that I forgot to add.

Light Armor(From NatalyaAF)

Light Armor only adds +1 to a units armor but it does not hinder movement.

Portables Shields: 3 CP

Portables Shieldsprovide +2 protection but no movement hinderance. They must be worn on a backpack.
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil

Return to Bonus Material