the BrikWars universe

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Postby Atomsk » Mon May 05, 2008 2:44 pm

Rayhawk wrote:Nooooo!!! Lego Universe is trying to steal my thunder:

http://kotaku.com/387049/lego-universes ... y-unveiled

The origins of the minifig revealed? Plastic used as currency? Those bastards! I have to get my universal backstory out first, before they mess everything up.

Right now I'm imagining a 40-man raid party of minifigs traveling deep into the center of LEGO earth to do battle with a human god that created them. And along the way, fighting various subservent minions that also drop epic bricks and large amounts of plastic. It's like the kiddie version of WoW... which is the kiddie version of EQ...
Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Postby youaredoome0 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:24 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:Why not just make a BrikWars history Wiki and let all of us come up with the whole story? It could be like a big, retarded book written for the BrikWars community, by the BrikWars community, about the origins of Brikwars and the history of the BrikWars universe. Then once we've amassed a giant steaming pile of awesome, we can condense it into a screenplay. Once that becomes a movie, we can make a TV series loosely based on the movie. Then we can film a behind-the-scenes documentary about the TV series, and it will be so amazing that someone will write an article about it in a newspaper somewhere, and Mike can briefly summarize that article for use in the rulebook.

We'd probably end up with something like:
In the beginning, The Dread Pirate 2x2 created the Baseplates. Now the Baseplates were flat and empty, and forged of the finest ABS plastic. And the Dread Pirate 2x2 said, "let there be studs!" And there were studs. And the Dread Pirate 2x2 saw that they were good.

And the Dread Pirate 2x2 said "let there be Space! And let there also be Castle, and let Space and Castle be the greatest of the themes! Let each of them bear Minifigs so that one day brave heroes will arise that they may wage glorious battle on the Baseplates that I have made! And it was so.

And The Dread Pirate 2x2 made the multitudes of Minifigs that would roam the Baseplates and He made vast kingdoms for them to live in. And they were awesome. And He saw that they were awesome, and there was much rejoicing.

And He said "And I will take all of my creation and separate them according to their kinds, and place them in bags. And the bags I will place in cardboard boxes, and the boxes I will call Sets. And the Sets will be far too expensive, and no Wal Mart from this day forth shall have them. And He cursed the Wal Marts, and the ground shook their very foundations, and the Wal Mart customers trembled with fear, and there was terror in their hearts, and the sentence continued to run on like Bonn-o-Tron.

And finally, the Dread Pirate 2x2 said "Let there be the Deadly Spacemen. And it is he that shall rule over the Baseplates and the Sets and the great armies of Minifigs that I have made, and never shall there be a Stat Card of him. And the Dread Pirate 2x2 saw what He had made. And it was good.

On second thought, we should probably just make Boomer write the whole thing.

This is all the backstory we need. More backstory just makes the rulebook artificially longer and pisses off the people at my school. (That's where I print my copies of the book)
TROLOLO
youaredoome0
Officer

Postby Gladius » Mon May 05, 2008 4:12 pm

I do think some more distinct characters to fit the universe would be nice. Something easy for multiple people to create, but a character everybody can latch onto and use with ease.

Some funky hero anybody?
TROLOLO
Gladius
Champion

Postby Rayhawk » Mon May 05, 2008 7:06 pm

As far as the rulebook goes, I think writing out real sections of history would be a mistake - but little vignette sections that mention a lot of cool-sounding events without going into detail could help kick off a lot of ideas without locking players into any specific story.

For instance:

GALACTIC REVOLUTION 2,003: Occasional rumors of portals opening to a mysterious Nega-universe, caused by the reality-warping effects of ABS use, were proven horrifyingly accurate in the 2,003rd Galactic Revolution. The remnants of Galactic civilization, still suffering the repercussions of the Gray Shift and weakened to the point of near-annihilation by the Bionidor Abomination, were caught completely unprepared for the surprise interdimensional invasion of Nega-Figs and their Poop Dragons.

So now: who knows how to set up a wiki?
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby youaredoome0 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:01 pm

On your server or on a wiki hosting service?
TROLOLO
youaredoome0
Officer

Postby Tzan » Mon May 05, 2008 9:22 pm

I set up that story I havent finished over here. Its simple.
They have several permission levels and its free.

http://www.wikispaces.com/
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby CreatioNZ » Tue May 06, 2008 12:01 am

I think that having no story is great as every single other wargame known to man has some sort of backround story. Brikwars is great as you don't have to have a backround story or you can make up your own one of you want.
TROLOLO
CreatioNZ
Hero

Postby piltogg » Tue May 06, 2008 5:05 pm

Gladius wrote:I do think some more distinct characters to fit the universe would be nice. Something easy for multiple people to create, but a character everybody can latch onto and use with ease.

Some funky hero anybody?

Joe Vig always works good
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Tuefish » Tue May 06, 2008 10:23 pm

how about using each year's line as a different period,
eg: in 1978 the "yellow Castle" set was introduced, this marked the start
of a dynasty which continues to this day.
All royalty in current sets are descended from the kings of old.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds
TROLOLO
Tuefish
Dimmy

Postby Rayhawk » Wed May 07, 2008 12:13 am

Tuefish wrote:how about using each year's line as a different period,
eg: in 1978 the "yellow Castle" set was introduced, this marked the start
of a dynasty which continues to this day.
All royalty in current sets are descended from the kings of old.

Perfect! That's kind of what I was going for in my galactic Revolution 2,003 post above; it's an explanation for what was happening between Lego and Mega Blox in 2003.

So everybody check it out! I've made a BrikWiki for the BrikWars Universe, and I'm going to let almost anyone here play in it. WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN. The main page is here:

http://brikwars.wikispaces.com/

Apply for membership approval here:

http://brikwars.wikispaces.com/space/permissions
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Tzan » Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 am

WikiWell and prosper.

I know nothing about Lego history so I wont be of much help.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby 501stCadians » Wed May 07, 2008 8:08 pm

:idea: Here's an idea for how megablocks was created.

"In the begining,there was darkness.(No war) Long befor his fued with Dark Pirate 2x2,he was a servant to the gods. Later on,he would relaese the crappnies within. ( Shows Mega Black guy) "Yarghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" " He summoned a great,crappy army,with crappy dragons,and crappy wepons that woulndt fit in the hnads porerly. He also creaed the MegaBlock,and evil substance that could turn fine ABS plastic into a horrible knock off. There was a great war... The forces of lego fought the forces of megablocks above Holy Legora. The holy Deadly Space man walked in to figh Mega Block, and was mortally wounded. Dark Pirate 2x2 began to fight Mega Block. However, Dark Pirate could not belive that his favorite son could be so tiwisted and crappy. Then,a lego man walked in. Mega Block smote him with but a were look,and Dark Pirate bainhsed him to the EYE OF TERROR,a place of great crappines.

And so is the sotry of the MegaBlock Heresy.

That story has elments of the 40k Horus Heresy,and the commerical for God Of War: Cahins Of Olympis...

Is it ok if i put it in the wiki?
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
My Little Pony

Postby Rayhawk » Wed May 07, 2008 9:03 pm

It's okay to put just about anything in the wiki. If people don't like it, they'll change it. You don't even need to worry about grammar and spelling, because Blitzen is already over there.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Tuefish » Thu May 08, 2008 1:16 am

Nega-Blokkia:
An alternate universe renound for it's superior weaponsmiths, Weapons from the Nega-Blok realm are generally held to be the best in existence on account of their awesomeness. Nega-Blokkia is also known for it's strange and twisted ideas of beauty.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds
TROLOLO
Tuefish
Dimmy

Postby Rayhawk » Thu May 08, 2008 2:36 am

Why are you writing these things here instead of in the wiki?
Rayhawk
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Bonus Material