Die Glocke

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Die Glocke

Post by 501stCadians » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:52 pm

Die Glocke:
Piltogg Weapon.
Structure Level 12.
Propulsion: 24'' movement via Anti-Grav.
Weapons:
Xerum 525: The power source of Die Glocke is also highly radioactive. This radiation causes 5d6 damage to all living creatures within 24" of Die Glocke.
Crew: One suitable "Super-Lead-Lined-Suit" minifig. Lead-Lined suit for protection to Xerum 525.
"The Bell" (German: Die Glocke) represented something at the very pinnacle of SS General’s Hans Kammler's occult and super-secret SS "wonder weapons" empire. Nick Cook's book, “Hunt for Zero Point” represents the only publicly accessible information on this bizarre object in the English language, the equally macabre experimentation that surrounded it, and the stringent security the SS held it under. The following are the salient features of The Bell, according to information Cook received from both German and Czech sources:

(1) The Bell was reportedly a metallic object, approximately 9 ft. in diameter and 12-15 ft. tall;

(2) It looked like a "Bell", hence its codename to the Germans, die Glocke;

(3) It was comprised of two counter-rotating cylinders, rotating a purplish liquid-metallic looking substance code-named "Xerum 525" by the Germans, at high speeds;

(4) "Xerum 525" was apparently highly radioactive, being purple in color, and housed in cylinders with lead lining 3 cm (12 in.) thick;

(5) The Bell apparently required high amounts of electrical power in its operation;

(6) During use, it could only be run for approximately one to two minutes, as it apparently gave off strong radiation and/or other electromagnetic or unknown field effects;

(a) Several scientist died on its first operation;
(b) Subsequent tests included various plants and animals, all of which decomposed into a blackish goo and without normal putrefaction, within a matter of a few minutes or hours after exposure to its field effects when in operation;
(c) Technicians near the Bell during these experiments reported metallic tastes in their mouths after being exposed to it;
(d) The chamber in which the Bell was tested was lined with ceramic bricks and rubber mats, and had to have its rubber matting removed and burned after each test, and it was subsequently washed down with brine by inmates from nearby concentration camps;

(7) All the scientists and witnesses who saw or worked on the Bell were murdered by the SS as the war neared its end;

8) The Bell was transplanted out of Silesia to a destination that has never been discovered. The Bell, along with General Kammler himself, simply disappear entirely from history, never to be seen again. It is believed, however, that both the Bell and General Kammler were transported by U-boat to a base outside of the Reich (Base 211 in Neu Schwabenland, Antarctica being the strongest choice being the strongest candidate). Others suggest Norway where German troops still held that territory.

(9) A strange "henge" like structure was constructed by the Germans out of reinforced concrete near the facility where the Bell was located and tested. This structure resembled a test rig for the possible test of extremely powerful propulsion devices.
The rotation of the object, and presumably the radioactive liquid-metal called "Xerum 525", suggests that the Germans were investigating the inertial and vortex properties of radioactive material when subjected to high speed rotation, as well as the resulting field effects.
It is likely that this rotation was caused by passing a current through the liquid - hence the high power consumption - but the possibility of mechanical rotation should not be ruled out in addition to this, as German progress in jet engine turbines and uranium centrifuges would have given them the experience to construct very high speed turbines for rotating such material for study. In this sense, it is possible that the Bell was nothing more than two counter-rotating ultra-high speed turbines That is to say, the Bell may have been an ultra high speed electro- mechanical turbine of some sort, an offshoot, perhaps, of German centrifuge technology development.
The housing of this device in an underground chamber lined with ceramic brick and rubber mats suggests that it gave off extremely strong electro-magnetic or electro-static field effects as well as high heat when in operation. The reporting of metallic tastes in the mouths of what few surviving personnel there are suggests this. The quick decay without apparent putrefaction of organic material within its field suggests effects that some would associate with scalar waves.
But what was the mysterious "Xerum 525"? When first investigating this strange material, the first thought is that it might be some radioactive isotope of mercury, or possibly a more radioactive substance in chemical solution of some sort. It is perhaps worth noting that recently a strange substance known as "red mercury", or mercury antominate oxide, has been alleged to have strong neutron emitting properties when subjected to sudden explosive stress, and is alleged to be a non-fissile method of triggering the enormous fusion reactions of hydrogen bombs, as well as being able, in its own right, of fission explosions in the small kiloton range. Perhaps the Nazis had stumbled onto a similar such substance during the war.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:33 pm

5d6 damage to everything within 24" sounds way too strong... there would be nothing left to fight after only a couple turns of moving that thing, since it moves so fast. Maybe just 5d6 damage to everything within 1", 4d6 within 2" and so on...

also,
"Xerum 525" was apparently highly radioactive, being purple in color(...)
...So all purple things are radioactive by definition? This new revelation is AWESOME. :shock:

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:11 am

This is dumb. We don't need rules for this.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:15 am

Perhaps if it made the dead into zombies... or Piltogg superzombies.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:35 am

I actually tested the rules earlier yesterday with a friend, and it was devilish effective at clearing out buildings- I'm considering putting a ship-mounted version on my being built.s
@Magical Soap Bubbles: GTFO! It's not stupid. If you don't like killing people horrible with sever radiation,then you don't belong in this forum.
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

dcl32
Minifig
Location: In Afghanistan providing supressive fire with an M60

Post by dcl32 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:56 am

Wow I never even knew about this thing it sounds awesome. Even more awesome would be that supposed Piltogg base in Antarctica.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:12 am

We have already argued that using gigantic nuclear missiles in Brikwars is kind of lame. I'm with Soap.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:15 pm

But it's not nuclear. It's not explosive. It
s uses radiation to horribly kill people.
Nukes do this:
Die Glocke does this with RADIATION(Not explosions!)
Please read the history before posting,or GTFO.

ltobvious
Officer

Post by ltobvious » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:21 pm

It doesn't matter how it kills them, it's just a little imbalanced to have a radiation producing UFO that kills everything within 24 inches.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:31 pm

As I said, we have talked about nuclear weapons and how stupid they are. This is on the same level as that, just stupidly overpowered.

I'm sure you don't have rules for lingering radiation, do you? The radiation would spread over the whole battlefield, not just the explosion area.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:23 pm

Well if y'all wanna edit the damage and junk-go right ahead! Just suggest it and i will edit it promptly.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:30 pm

I meant in terms of rules. Yes, it is an awesome weapon, but have you playtested it? I mean, what your saying is Get Lost unless you say "Ossum!@@@@!!@222111!"

Now, I think talking about this weapon in brikwars terms is better.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:38 pm

Your right-I'll play test it today. I'll build it and see how it works-I'll take pics.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Nukes are only good for ship to ship warfare and that's only if they're big ships and small nukes.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Who's to say they managed to make it work properly anyway, maybe the radiation thing was just an adverse effect and not the end result. I'm still pushing for the Zombie thing. Mr Lincoln will be in touch.