The Big Map

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

The Big Map

Postby 501stCadians » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:04 am

It's already been started in the Modular Battles Thread,but i think we need to make a big Galatik map showing all the various empires and federations.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby Theblackdog » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:57 am

Why exactly? The only use I could see for such a thing is some sort of giant all-forum mega-campaign which, given the state of the Forum Battles section, we will never pull off. In general I think all of the various factions on these forums coexist without any need for a map to show where they actually are.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Magic Soap » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:12 am

In the brikwars multiverse, all battles just happen. Every user has an area of space, but judging from the battle organization forum, none of these civilizations ever meet. Except by using time and light travel (forum battles)

But we really don't need this. The only reason Magic Soap(me), NatalyaAF, Roc77, Strana and Tuefish are on the map are we have heavily themed armies which all fit in with the background of Galaxia Nehellium. But on a bigger scale, Galaxia Nehellium is but a small dot.

But if 501stCadians, you want to get some other users and make your own brikgalaxy, there is nothing stopping you.
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Warhead » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:22 am

While my guys are nomadic and just exert control where ever they are in a Genghis Khan sort of way.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Olothontor » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:35 pm

Magic Soap wrote:But if 501stCadians, you want to get some other users and make your own brikgalaxy, there is nothing stopping you.

I'd be down for helping with that. The Ethereals will be happy to assist.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby Elmagnifico » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Warhead wrote:While my guys are nomadic and just exert control where ever they are in a Genghis Khan sort of way.

and the Order is everywhere. Megablox shall die.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Ogel96 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:18 pm

Warhead wrote:While my guys are nomadic and just exert control where ever they are in a Genghis Khan sort of way.

I have a group like that(I've played for a while just recently joined forums) called the crusaders, who, as you may guess, traverse the galaxy looking for heretics, peachies, and negas to slay. they follow Khristiansenity
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.
Ogel96
Jaw-Jaw

Postby piltogg » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:27 pm

UMNMN http://brikwars.wikispaces.com/The+UMNMN
I clearly am not finished with the write up yet, but you get the idea.
anyway a map would be helpfull if we wana do a large campaingy thing to theme all our forum battles, solo battles and regular battles on for the year. we could like all do a roll off online for first pics of what battles we are in charge of representing from a list, the whole set could then be written up in a story book manner as the history of GR 2009-2010
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Theblackdog » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:24 am

It would, admittedly, be cool to do a Galactic Forum Campaign, but let's look at the real world for a moment. For nearly a MONTH now, not a single forum battle has posted a new turn (some battles have started, but none have moved forward). This does NOT bode well for our ability to coordinate 20-odd players who each have to build and complete a battle before the next round of games can commence.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Natalya » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:15 am

I like big maps.

I also like leaving things open. So if someone's forces aren't in Galaxia Nehellenium, they ought to make another map for themselves.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Dr. Vlad » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Here's my big map with my Empire :P

TROLOLO
Dr. Vlad
Officer

Postby piltogg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:14 pm

I'm makeing a much more brikwars related one right now, to be finnished on the next day I don't have football/school for 12+ hours.
also, the solo battle will probally end up becomeing more prefered. also, if the forum battles become less random and stupid, and more well organised and cool, then people are more likely to participate.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby ltobvious » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Next person who updates the map should probably save as PNG, as the text on the earlier additions are barely readable.
TROLOLO
ltobvious
Cannon Fodder

Postby Strana » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:24 pm

meh just needs be biggier
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas
Strana
Dimmy

Postby Fulizer » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:12 am

I disagree, the map natayla poated had resized the browzer, if the image was kept at that size, someone would certainly say "PICTURE FAIL" and derail the entire thread.

also, remember to upload the image in PNG or else the older text will slowly blur into nothingness.
TROLOLO
Fulizer
Cannon Fodder

Next

Return to Bonus Material