double drop

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

double drop

Post by Ranger S2H » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:52 am

I had an idea for a scenario:

the situation: 2 armies are looking for the same artefact/treasure/person/shiny object, which has suddenly appeared in a town nearby. both factions immediately scramble a team to drop into the town and claim the object. in this scenario, the human gods have decided they will arrive at the EXACT SAME TIME (muhahahahaha).

get two armies of only infantry, light vehicles, and other things you would like to throw out of a plane. each unit, except ninjas, dimmies, and jawjaws will be equiped with a para- or gravchute for free, and thrown out of a plane or other transport at ridiculously high altitude. the transport will take no other part in the game.

find a scatter/stumble die, and pick the center of the battle field. measure the distance from the centre to the edge, and divide that by 6 this is the nimber of dice you will roll fr the scatter. 1 by 1, decide where each trooper will land. roll the scatter die and the number of D6es, and place the trooper that number of inches in the direction of the arrow, this is where he ends up. note that he will start on the first point he hits when coming down, which includes in trees, on top of buidlings without ladders, and in deep pits. the only exception is when a trooper should land in a location that would cause severe health problems, like lava and spike pits. nobody likes getting their troops killed without the chance to have them kill something else, so in these situations: fudge it. repeat this until both armies have dropped all their troops, and then start the battle.

The idea of this scenario is that you will have an army that needs to regroup first, while individual troopers are already fighting the enemies that landed right next to them. other units need to be saved from trees and other problems first, while ninjas and snipers are picking off whoever is stupid enough to run into their sight. 1 word: chaos
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:26 am

ya, its chaos, and you havent even included the gods yet.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:07 pm

The troubles with all these custom scenarios are that:

A: No one makes a forum battle with them.
B: You all seem to lose sight of how awesome "Kill All Enemies" is as a scenario. I mean with this, the possibilities for bloodshed are endless.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Post by Ranger S2H » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:13 pm

kill all enemies is still the objective of the scenario, only deployment is different.

personally, I prefer "kill all enemies while being awesome". I was trying to introduce some friends of mine to the game the other day, and I turned the objective into "impress the GM by killing all enemies while being awesome". I think it really helped as there were significantly more crazy actions and manouvers than I had expected.
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?

All-Bricks United
Officer

Post by All-Bricks United » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:09 pm

I vastly prefer scenarios. And even with scenarios, the players who just want to kill everyone (and everything) end up doing it anyways.
<a href="http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 3092">Join the ABU in our quest to overthrow the tyranny and racism that is rampant in our brick-world!</a>

AdrianTheGeek
Cannon Fodder

Post by AdrianTheGeek » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:57 pm

I'll get my cousin to play this scenario with me tomarrow.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:11 pm

The way I have allways run paratroopers is to just trow them (or some bricks to represtent them) form about 4 feet away from the battlefield. This takes a lot less time, thus gets the game going faster, as well as includeing an element of skill into the game rather than just chance. (the bricks are better because they bounce away from wherever you threw them.)

dcl32
Minifig
Location: In Afghanistan providing supressive fire with an M60

Post by dcl32 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:26 pm

very nice

Candlejack
Hero

Post by Candlejack » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:38 pm

If you throw the figs, it adds something else to the game: If a dude is holding two things in his hands, he's much more likely to lose it than a dude who's only got a rifle. You have to decide whether the badassery of being able to shoot something in the face and then stab it in the crotch is worth the risk of arriving weaponless.
"Nietzsche is dead. Nietzsche remains dead. No amount of philosophy or existentialism will fix this." -Anonymous

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:45 pm

well, yes. but that makes it even more realistic/ chaos to avoid this just use the briks method.

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:48 pm

piltogg wrote:This takes a lot less time, thus gets the game going faster,
and this is the kind of rule that is made by the rule of fudge, the rule of fudge is a good rule I ave many examples.