BrikWars and Civilizations

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

BrikWars and Civilizations

Postby Sir Lancelot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:50 am

Hi everyone,

My friend and I have been trying to come up with rules for campaigning and civilizations so that our BrikWars games have more depth than just back stories.

I have tried various ideas, but none of them seem to be any good. Can someone help us with our predicament?
Sir Lancelot
Hero

Re: BrikWars and Civilizations

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Sir Lancelot wrote:Hi everyone,

My friend and I have been trying to come up with rules for campaigning and civilizations so that our BrikWars games have more depth than just back stories.

I have tried various ideas, but none of them seem to be any good. Can someone help us with our predicament?

well a few simple scenarios are: A siege, a objective in the middle of the field that both teams need to take in there camp or old school CTF. And for campaigning ideas just a simple search for the holy grail or to sneak behind enemy lines with your snipers in ghillie suit to eliminate a enemy nuclear arms dealer: mission 1: get over the guarded border. mission 2: fight your way trough a small enemy camp. mission 3: get to sniping position to kill arms dealer, but you have to avoid enemy patrols and kill some guards first. mission 4: eliminate target and get the hell away and run to the extraction point with 40 man hunting you. just an idea.
and if you want A real army or group or and not just a bunch of minifigs mixed up together you need to give them a color they all got or a hat they all wear or the same loge or something.
don't mind my spelling I'm dutch
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil

Postby Olothontor » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Campaigning? Civilizations? You'd need to start not with a battle, but a basic skeleton of a back story, and you'd need the beginnings of said civilizations in both paper and lego formats. Then and only then will you get into the actual battles and such. As for specific rules, that'd be up to you. You being a Brikwars player, you'd find my rulings to be too complex to use. If you'd like to hear my suggestions, then ask me, but otherwise I won't post them. Not without consent.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Pooplord

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby Blitzen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:56 pm

Post them now.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Sir Lancelot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:57 pm

You have my full consent to post anything that might be of use. My friend and I have both used other gaming systems but are using BrikWars because of our want to use Lego minifigs.

Go ahead and let me see.
Sir Lancelot
Hero

Postby Olothontor » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:21 pm

Alright, I'm not gonna spend forever online, so I'll write them all down in a text document and post them here at some point. Hey, this means I can finish writing up that supplement for campaigns I started compiling from before! Excellent. Thanks, you all inadvertently reminded me of that.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Pooplord

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:35 pm

Hooray! Be quick about it, though. Personally, if I were ever to use an idea similar to this, I'd make it comical and disregard seriousness, so to retain the spirit of Brikwars.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Olothontor » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:41 pm

Yes, but that would be also why I didn't automatically put up my rules and suggestions. Brikwars impresses on simplicity and hilarity. My rulesets kind of go against that in many cases... but whatever. I'll see if i can get them up before the weekend... I'm in the school musical at the moment, so time is not something i have.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Pooplord

Postby piltogg » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:51 pm

here is a scenario I used for my b-day party last year. kind of didn't work because it was too big and was almoust everyones first game. but here it is anyway

The battle for the basement breweries

the clans of the basement are once again at war with one another for a silly reason this time they fight for soda. the clans are so named the
bikdauds, the prieses, the ophets, the rhinods, and the tomhadhaadas.

the rules are the extremely advanced brikwars rules 2001 witch are found at brikwars.com. we shall do battle over who gets to drink witch pop for lunch (people who don’t get one of 3 breweries drink water muahaha :(

The bikdauds will start in the laundry room with a 200 point army because he is a nooby noob.

The priizses shall start in the shower and starts with a 160 point army

The ophets are commanded have 160 points. and starts in the cupholders .

The rhinods get a 200 point army and is commanded from
the pool table he get extra cuz this is his fist game

The tokgadhaadas are amazing (me) and only get a 100 point army and the are the defenders of the brewery wich location is not known to other tribes.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby james+burgundy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:38 am

I got one KILL EVER ONE it works ever time trust me .
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby Sir Lancelot » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:58 pm

Well burgandy, while some of us have the ability to think in terms of long campaigns and sweeping storylines, I know see that this topic is beyond your comprehension.

Any progress on the rules Olothontor?
Sir Lancelot
Hero

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:07 am

james+burgundy wrote:I got one KILL EVER ONE it works ever time trust me .

Well in most of my games I got a objective to capture or complete but it most of the time still turns out too be a KILL EVERY ONE scenario by accident.
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil

Postby Atomsk » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:37 am

You could use the plot of every Arnold Schwarzeneger movie as the outline for a game.

Although Kindergarten Cop might get a little complicated. Do you have enough short legs?
Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Postby Carda » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:12 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:Well in most of my games I got a objective to capture or complete but it most of the time still turns out too be a KILL EVERY ONE scenario by accident.

This happens all the time, from what I've seen. I know it happened in my group's first game.

In regards to trying to expand upon gameplay, if you regularly play with the same people, you may try a system where each player carries over his hero from one game to the next. The persistent conflicts between heroes on all sides will eventually tell its own story.

(I'm thinking about developing something like this for my own game group... It would be similar to a roleplaying campaign, only each player would have an army at their command. Achieving certain feats such as RedShirting X minifigs in a battle, or dying in a hilarious blaze of glory as a result of critically failing a Heroic Feat, would earn each hero CP which could then be used to enhance his stats according to the 2005 core rules. So each generic hero could become someone very different over time.)
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/
Carda
Officer

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:48 am

Carda wrote:
*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:Well in most of my games I got a objective to capture or complete but it most of the time still turns out too be a KILL EVERY ONE scenario by accident.

This happens all the time, from what I've seen. I know it happened in my group's first game.

In regards to trying to expand upon gameplay, if you regularly play with the same people, you may try a system where each player carries over his hero from one game to the next. The persistent conflicts between heroes on all sides will eventually tell its own story.

(I'm thinking about developing something like this for my own game group... It would be similar to a roleplaying campaign, only each player would have an army at their command. Achieving certain feats such as RedShirting X minifigs in a battle, or dying in a hilarious blaze of glory as a result of critically failing a Heroic Feat, would earn each hero CP which could then be used to enhance his stats according to the 2005 core rules. So each generic hero could become someone very different over time.)

Or what I think is genius but i never did: in every battle you use the same army and in every battle there is one or multiple objectives and if you succeed in the objective then you get CP that you can use to replace your loses of minifigs in the battle to prepare for the next battle. so by completing a objective you get CP what is like money so the more battles you win the more greater army you will get just like in the real world (well most of the time) :D
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil

Next

Return to Bonus Material