my spartan II rules

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Postby stubby » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:12 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Now we use the stats that I proposed with Master Chief having 6 Hit Points and a d10 averaging at a higher 5, and we get 54.

What? You get full armor for each hit point? That's lame. Hit points should just be a last-ditch damage buffer that doesn't heal between attacks.

IVhorseman wrote:but warhammer's shitty story is the best part!

This is absolutely correct and it's the one thing I'm jealous of. I think removing BW1998's shitty story was a terrible mistake, and hopefully all the fluff we're putting in the wiki will help us get caught back up.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:28 pm

That's how I understand the whole Size Damage thing, which is how I'm representing Hit Points.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:35 pm

stubby wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:but warhammer's shitty story is the best part!

This is absolutely correct and it's the one thing I'm jealous of. I think removing BW1998's shitty story was a terrible mistake, and hopefully all the fluff we're putting in the <a href="http://brikwars.wikispaces.com/">wiki</a> will help us get caught back up.

I have some ideas. And I'm in your Wiki killing your dudes but I just don't have enough time to do everything. Maybe after the Forum Battle. Is there some sort of method for stories being accepted or is it just survival of the fittest?
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby spartan117 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:01 pm

no i don't use hp like that its same with shield and like you said a last ditch thing ie if i have 4 hit points and i take 3 damage ill gave 1 hp not like what one eye is saying
TROLOLO
spartan117
Cannon Fodder

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:33 pm

Oh, when I use HP in Brikwars, I use it like Size Damage. Creations always get Hit Points equivalent to their Size. If you beat their armor once, you would deal 1 Size Damage, then the remaining damage would be treated as Overkill Damage. If you beat their armor again with the Overkill Damage, it would deal another Size Damage to them.

I just call those Hit Points instead.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:16 am

Warhead wrote:I have some ideas. And I'm in your wiki killing your dudes but I just don't have enough time to do everything. Maybe after the Forum Battle. Is there some sort of method for stories being accepted or is it just survival of the fittest?

:rule7:
Same as wikipedia, victory goes to whoever's loudest.

spartan117 wrote:no I don't use hp like that its same with shield and like you said a last ditch thing ie if I have 4 hit points and I take 3 damage ill gave 1 hp not like what one eye is saying

I have no idea what you just said.

OneEye589 wrote:Oh, when I use HP in Brikwars, I use it like Size Damage. Creations always get Hit Points equivalent to their Size. If you beat their armor once, you would deal 1 Size Damage, then the remaining damage would be treated as Overkill Damage. If you beat their armor again with the Overkill Damage, it would deal another Size Damage to them.

I just call those Hit Points instead.

Yeah, I figured that, but if you're just going to give extra points of Size Damage why not just make them extra points of Size Damage? "My hero is secretly a Size 5" vehicle," and you're done. If you're worried about other people thinking it's stupid to have a hero who's a size 5" vehicle... well, maybe you shouldn't have your hero be a Size 5" vehicle then, but don't try and hide it behind a statistical name change.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:29 am

Yea, I guess I was just using it in the same terms he was.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby spartan117 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:39 pm

ya its not like that, his ten hit points can be taken away by ten damage past his armor
TROLOLO
spartan117
Cannon Fodder

Postby Fulizer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:42 pm

spartan117 wrote:ya its not like that, his ten hit points can be taken away by ten damage past his armor

As said beforfe (by someone i can't be bothered to find) it is last ditch armour that doesn't heal inbetwen attacks, ultimateley useful

spartan117 wrote:oh and btw I don't play warhammer anymore because it sucks and the story sucks.

my question is, did it suck 20 years ago?

Tuefish wrote: he would just be a jerk, tooling around teabaging folks just because they are weaker than him.

As in the average Xbox child (not including spartan, who has shown himself to not be one)

The booty bothered on this thread is clearly receding as people replace their flame-throwers with useful comments, I must say that the Spartan model is beutiful, try making some lego (not megablocks) Models of the vehicles
TROLOLO
Fulizer
Cannon Fodder

Postby birdman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Fulizer wrote:my question is, did it suck 20 years ago?

NO.
Orks had a goddamn foot template. That was fucking awesome.
birdman
Galidor

Postby Ranger S2H » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:54 am

spartan117 wrote: mc is better than one marine

I'd like to point this out as utter bullcrap.

I admit the chief is badass, but an astartes is way out of his league
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?
Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Postby muffinman42 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:42 pm

I want a 5" hero now.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby spartan117 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:48 pm

i would make an all lego worthog if i had the legos but i don't..but ill be getting lots of legos so i have high hopes
TROLOLO
spartan117
Cannon Fodder

Postby spartan117 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:53 pm

Ranger S2H wrote:
spartan117 wrote: mc is better than one marine

I'd like to point this out as utter bullcrap.

I admit the chief is badass, but an astartes is way out of his league

why do you say that?

spartans are faster and there armor is stronger the marine does have the bolter but in shure a spartan could kill a space marine

i can say this because i am VERY knowledgeable in both spartans and the space marines (i have a space marine army)
TROLOLO
spartan117
Cannon Fodder

Postby Magic Soap » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:56 pm

I'd just like to go back to the "luck" points; MC is the last spartan alive, he's not all that great, all the others got owned, so they're not all that great. Whereas a Space Marine is definitely (GW pen on paper) as strong as 100 normal men.

Not that anyone cares.

This thread can now be turned to stats and turtle-liking.
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

PreviousNext

Return to Bonus Material