Medic

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Postby King of Brix » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:49 pm

It seems to me that your just trying to make this more humiliating for Dan over here. After my long tirade of critical successes, he rolls 2 critical failures in a row. He got REALLY angry at the dice... As a matter of fact, he decided not to use that die for the rest of the game.
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:53 am

King of Brix wrote:It seems to me that your just trying to make this more humiliating for Dan over here. After my long tirade of critical successes, he rolls 2 critical failures in a row. He got REALLY angry at the dice... As a matter of fact, he decided not to use that die for the rest of the game.

see? that's funny.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Houndis » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:14 am

Hmm.. you know, when I read Rayhawk's post, I had an idea. So Medik has to go to any dead/injured troop? He can either save or "accidently" kill them, so why not make him able to kill the dead enemies for good? So he goes for downed enemy trooper and throws 1d4. Critical Success, trooper is dead for good. Critical Failure, trooper is back alive and can kill the poor Medik on the next turn. That would give the Medik two ways to end the pain: save them or kill them.

Don't know about you, but I think I'll use this in the next match. But that will definitely increase Medik's CP cost.
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><
Houndis
Officer

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:14 pm

the critical success being the only way for a medik to permanently disable a minifig is probably too harsh. if you know the way a plastik heart works even down to the molecular level, you've got MUCH better than a 1/4 chance to kill the unit. in fact, i'd just say he automatically does it unless he rolls a critical failure. i almost want to say to use a d6 instead of a d4 due to the availability to most brikwarriors, and also because i limit 1d4 to my personal variant of fire damage (i'll explain it in a later thread, which may or may not come for a while).

however, one thing i DO give to medix is the ability to concoct poisonous materials. basically, i just let them tip arrows, darts, syringes, swords, and basically every non bullet or energy weapon with poison. this does poison damage to the unit in a fashion similar to fire damage.
IVhorseman

Postby Houndis » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:56 pm

Actually, when I thought that killer-Medik thing again with Muskotti, it sucks. In practice it's the same as the opposing Medik would try to heal that poor soldier. So the 1/4 or 2/4 chance of survival is better, as you said. Sorry about that, I must have been tired.

And IV, we use 1d4 in fire too, if I remember correctly. But it might have been 1d6 as well, it has been a while since I last looked at the flamethrower rule.

That poison thing is quite good, maybe I should think that someday.
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><
Houndis
Officer

Postby Moronstudios » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:56 pm

I'm interested in a poisen making IV, how would this rule work on the battlefield.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:40 pm

i'll cover it in the fire rules. basically, it's treated exactly the same as fire, except can't spread through touch.
IVhorseman

Postby CreatioNZ » Mon May 05, 2008 2:23 am

BrikWussy: A wannabe player with a weak stomach for destruction. This lily-livered pansy values survival over glory, and cries when a few bricks get knocked off of his precious constructions.
TROLOLO
CreatioNZ
Nice Dubs

Postby Dr. X » Tue May 06, 2008 12:57 am

King of Brix wrote:It seems to me that your just trying to make this more humiliating for Dan over here. After my long tirade of critical successes, he rolls 2 critical failures in a row. He got REALLY angry at the dice... As a matter of fact, he decided not to use that die for the rest of the game.

That reminds me, once I had an insectoid squadron and they all tried to fir their gyro rifles, and every single one of them (4, actually) rolled critical failures, resulting in every single one of them blowing off their own left hand. I then had a squadron of one handed insectoids.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby youaredoome0 » Tue May 06, 2008 5:09 pm

I just use UR=# of turns dead for Mediks, then they roll whatever their skill is. Medik skill can be added to any unit for 3cp. It may seem a bit high, but I don't want a ton of people running around healing.
TROLOLO
youaredoome0
Officer

Postby IVhorseman » Tue May 06, 2008 6:16 pm

youaredoome0 wrote:I just use UR=# of turns dead for Mediks, then they roll whatever their skill is. Medik skill can be added to any unit for 3cp. It may seem a bit high, but I don't want a ton of people running around healing.

exactly what i've been pushing around. the argument against this is that people don't want to keep track of turns dead for EVERY unit. my rebuttal is that if you don't know approximately (just make a good guess. this IS brikwars) how long ago a unit died, then whatever unit probably isn't important enough to revive.
IVhorseman

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Tue May 06, 2008 8:24 pm

CreatioNZ wrote:
BrikWussy: A wannabe player with a weak stomach for destruction. This lily-livered pansy values survival over glory, and cries when a few bricks get knocked off of his precious constructions.

Constructions, not minifigs. And constructions can range from Dinosaurs, tanks, elephants, giant playboy bunny mechs, Bionicle, star ships, wheel chairs, big daddies, dragons, pokemon, playboy magazine, a wrestling ring, robots, bikes, chickens, mechs, etc.

All of which, a medic cannot fix because he slept through those medical classes at Brik University.
Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby CreatioNZ » Tue May 06, 2008 10:57 pm

BrikWussy: A wannabe player with [b]a weak stomach for destruction[b]. This lily-livered pansy values [b]survival[b] over glory, and cries when a few bricks get knocked off of his precious constructions.

you are just using a small part of the quote, the rest state otherwise and applies to a brikwars ARMY which usually has minifigs in it

BrikWarrior: This lord of the battlefield makes every model as awesome as possible so that their destruction will be all the sweeter. His priority list starts and ends with "Kicking Ass." [b]If he stops to consider SURVIVAL at all, it's with disapproval; every surviving unit is a chance for destruction wasted.[b]

well, I would say having mediks is a means of survival of your minfigs and it clearly states in the brikwarrior description that a player who goes for survial is not a brikwarrior but a lily-livered pansy who doesn't want little inanimate plastic toys to 'die'
TROLOLO
CreatioNZ
Nice Dubs

Postby IVhorseman » Tue May 06, 2008 11:04 pm

CreatioNZ wrote:well, I would say having mediks is a means of survival of your minfigs and it clearly states in the brikwarrior description that a player who goes for survial is not a brikwarrior but a lily-livered pansy who doesn't want little inanimate plastic toys to 'die'

ah, but having more minifigs in your army is more hands to point guns at the enemy, maximizing your capability for destruction.
IVhorseman

Postby Rayhawk » Wed May 07, 2008 12:11 am

Wrong! A Medik doesn't help units survive. He helps dead units come back to life so they can be killed again. A Medik means more deaths per unit, which is awesome.
Rayhawk
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Bonus Material