Medic

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Postby Dr. X » Wed May 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Rayhawk wrote:A Medik means more deaths per unit, which is awesome.

Hehehe.

I have a question. Can mediks heal kittens and spiders and razgrizzly bunnies and things like that? And why isn't there a medic stat card?
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Blitzen » Wed May 07, 2008 10:22 pm

Mediks can heal whatever they want, as long it was alive at one point in time. Nobody has made a stat card for mediks because there are no rules that are collectively agreed on, unlike the Sniper. Somebody (I) will probably make a good Medik stat card in the future.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby IVhorseman » Wed May 07, 2008 10:38 pm

Blitzen wrote:Mediks can heal whatever they want, as long it was alive at one point in time. Nobody has made a stat card for mediks because there are no rules that are collectively agreed on, unlike the Sniper. Somebody (I) will probably make a good Medik stat card in the future.

wanna work on it then? i think that design in the non-dimmy forum worked out really well last time
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby CreatioNZ » Thu May 08, 2008 12:53 am

Rayhawk wrote:Wrong! A Medik doesn't help units survive. He helps dead units come back to life so they can be killed again. A Medik means more deaths per unit, which is awesome.

I suppose your right, but your sick, every idea you manage to twist it to gain more destruction. Most people though will use mediks to survive and win the game, not for the purpose of making you minifgs get destroyed again. I suppose its the way you interpret things that makes you a better brikwarrior or a brikwussy
TROLOLO
CreatioNZ
Hero

Postby Rody » Thu May 08, 2008 1:00 am

CreatioNZ wrote:
Rayhawk wrote:Wrong! A Medik doesn't help units survive. He helps dead units come back to life so they can be killed again. A Medik means more deaths per unit, which is awesome.

I suppose your right, but your sick, every idea you manage to twist it to gain more destruction. Most people though will use mediks to survive and win the game, not for the purpose of making you minifgs get destroyed again. I suppose its the way you interpret things that makes you a better brikwarrior or a brikwussy

and that's why he is the one to have created brikwars.
besides even if you think your reason is "winning" and "survival", subconsciously you just want them to die again.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Officer John » Fri May 09, 2008 4:38 pm

When we play. We are friendly to each other (as far as you can be friendly in a war) and agree not to kill eachothers medics on purpose.

Offcourse medics still get killed by randomly thrown grenades, falling trees, flying whales and the like, but at least not on purpose.
- Officer John just saved the day once again -
TROLOLO
Officer John
Demi-God of BrikWars

Postby CreatioNZ » Sat May 10, 2008 12:40 am

Officer John wrote:When we play. We are friendly to each other (as far as you can be friendly in a war) and agree not to kill eachothers medics on purpose.

Offcourse medics still get killed by randomly thrown grenades, falling trees, flying whales and the like, but at least not on purpose.

At our club we are ruthless, everyone is there to kill and/or die, no mediks, and we even give minfigs weapon choices that usually results in everything (including terrain) blowing up into smitherines :D but of course in a good sportmanship manner.
TROLOLO
CreatioNZ
Hero

Postby Rody » Sat May 10, 2008 10:32 am

I once even had one of my hero's die 4 or 5 times in a row, just cause it was so darn fun
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby ColourSchemer » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Rayhawk wrote:That's right, it's all wacom tablet and photoshop.

My eventual plan is just to re-use the Medik from 2001, unless I hear a better idea in the meantime.

Here's my suggestion:

If medix are being fielded, then:
Disassemble dead minifigs into a number of parts equal to the damage over their AV. (e.g. 1 over is a minifig laying down, 9 over is all parts of minifig separated, 10 over is REALLY REALLY DEAD)

Then a medik must be able to reach all the parts, and rolls d6 Medikal Skill. The number on the die is the number of parts reassembled.

This is in keeping with the building block concept behind the PBB's, tracking is built in, severity of damage is built in, and it means that enemies and explosions can scatter body parts. It also allows for handicapped minifigs to take partial actions: Leg amputees can still shoot or swing a sword, Head amputees can run, jump, and fall, but cannot target anything (stuble chart or scatter die).
ColourSchemer
Officer

Postby mithril » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:12 am

why do anything that complicated?

why not just give a medik a single Heroic Feat per turn, that can only be used to bring back to life dead minifigs from allied/friendly forces? a critically failed roll means the minifig is dead for good.

and the other special rule being that regardless of what weapon they are holding, they can only fight using it as a random object. (i'd suggest only barehands, but that would make them completely unable to defend themselves..instead of just really bad at it.)

MEDIK (6cp)
Skill: 1d6
Move: 5"
Armour: 1d6-1

some minifigs are utter cowards, unable to battle as a proper minifig should. instead, these minifigs turn to the path of healing, so they can laugh maniacly while forcing others to die over and over.

Only Mostly Dead: once per turn the medik may use a Heroic feat to bring back to life a dead minifig from any allied force. on a critical Failure the dead minifig becomes all dead and cannot be brought back at all.

Not in the Face!: because they such cowards, all weapons carried by the medik only count as random objects in combat. a medik may never be used as a redshirt by a Hero.
TROLOLO
mithril
Battlefield General

Postby pesgores » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:36 pm

mithril wrote:why do anything that complicated?

why not just give a medik a single Heroic Feat per turn, that can only be used to bring back to life dead minifigs from allied/friendly forces? a critically failed roll means the minifig is dead for good.

and the other special rule being that regardless of what weapon they are holding, they can only fight using it as a random object. (i'd suggest only barehands, but that would make them completely unable to defend themselves..instead of just really bad at it.)

MEDIK (6cp)
Skill: 1d6
Move: 5"
Armour: 1d6-1

some minifigs are utter cowards, unable to battle as a proper minifig should. instead, these minifigs turn to the path of healing, so they can laugh maniacly while forcing others to die over and over.

Only Mostly Dead: once per turn the medik may use a Heroic feat to bring back to life a dead minifig from any allied force. on a critical Failure the dead minifig becomes all dead and cannot be brought back at all.

Not in the Face!: because they such cowards, all weapons carried by the medik only count as random objects in combat. a medik may never be used as a redshirt by a Hero.

Aproved.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Now we need a pic. Anyone good at artwork?
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:46 pm

It's almost as if we worked on something like this months ago (scroll to the bottom of the page and read the next four)!

To summarize, I think what we ended up deciding on was that Mediks moved 6", and had 1d6 skill. We then ended up with the reviving (we decided on Medikal Feats as for how it works) and "I've got to do SOMETHING!" (If a medik is within 1d6" (capped at 6") of a body they MUST attempt to revive it, friend or foe alike). I want to say we just left em at 1d6 skill but...
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby silvadream » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:27 pm

I saw the one that IVhorseman talked about and thought it was stupid Mithril's idea is perfect.
silvadream
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:06 pm

So which one should we do? Does it matter?

Hang on like Bonn-o-Tron... Ok. Poll.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to Bonus Material