The Almighty Bennies

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Postby Blitzen » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:39 pm

Theblackdog wrote:Example: The Mighty Benny of Deconstructionism: awarded for using the local architecture as an offensive weapon.

That happened to me once. A friggin' wall fell on like 12 dudes.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby randomno12 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:31 pm

do you know what i thought when i saw this? achievements on the 360. Especially obscure ones. this should become a proper chapter of the rules
CAKE OR DEATH? That is the question...
randomno12
Officer

Postby Nitewatchman » Thu May 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Blitzen wrote:
Theblackdog wrote:Example: The Mighty Benny of Deconstructionism: awarded for using the local architecture as an offensive weapon.

I had my Hero crush a guy with a tree, once.

And the next time, he one-upped him self and used a dinosaur.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Postby randomno12 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:54 am

i had a random cowgirl burst through a wall to rescue a professor but the wall fell on her
randomno12
Officer

Postby tahthing » Fri May 22, 2009 10:05 am

Nitewatchman wrote:
Blitzen wrote:

I had my Hero crush a guy with a tree, once.

And the next time, he one-upped him self and used a dinosaur.

when i first read blitzen's post i thought it said well, why you ask well its happend to me.
the set up was a hill with a well on top, my oppenent took first turn, and sent his hero up the hill, he then used a heroic feat to roll the well down the hill and into my troops, he rolled a crit success and the well was rolled down the hill though my men killing some of them it then hit a defencive wall makeing it fall on my hero and his body guards!
we agreed this deserved an almighty benny so he got the all mighty benny of jack and jill make from two minifig heads one female one male, he used it the next turn to make the well reapear on top of the hill and repeated the heroic feat, it crit failed makeing the well roll over his hero and into hismen killing several of them.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby randomno12 » Fri May 22, 2009 3:37 pm

thats quite a good one.
randomno12
Officer

Postby Almighty Benny » Fri May 22, 2009 11:37 pm

hey guys I'm finally back.

Sorry that took so long, I was captured by peaches.

What I'm wondering is why nobody has bothered to charge yet? I probably would have come back a lot sooner if you had.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby RJ » Sat May 23, 2009 5:16 am

The Alighty Benny of Crap

Made out of two clone bricks
Given for using anything that isn't not mega bloks
used to destroy anything non mega bloks
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?
RJ
Mega Blok

Postby Greenkey15 » Sat May 23, 2009 5:15 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:hey guys I'm finally back.

Sorry that took so long, I was captured by peaches.

What I'm wondering is why nobody has bothered to charge yet? I probably would have come back a lot sooner if you had.

:D
Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Postby SkydivingRobot » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:22 pm

The Almighty Benny of Hidden Wires:
Given after a minifig uses spontaneously-appearing hidden wires to fly around. In addition to adding 1d6 to a roll, this Benny can cause a minifig to fly at their normal ground speed for one round.

The Almighty Benny of Tire Decapitation:
Given after a tire being manipulated with the Farce stops choking a minifig and starts pulling his head off his neck.

The Almighty Benny of Rube Goldberg:
Given after an absurd and convoluted series of battlefield events causes a massive explosion of some kind.
Somebody once asked me what the meaning of life was. I told them to shut up.
TROLOLO
SkydivingRobot
BrikWars Legend

Postby Natalya » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:05 pm

Rayhawk, throughout the rulebook and supplements and this board I see these shadows of you having played many strategy games or whatever where the players you were with completely sucked. Have these bad experiences like in some way scarred you such that you're afraid of this sort of thing? It just seems like you've had too many bad experiences to count... So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you've gone really far out of your way with this game making sure that no one else ever has to suffer your miserable fate of being stuck with asshole gamers.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Ranger S2H » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:26 pm

this is an awesome idea!
it could also be possible to award bennies for any awesomeness. even on these forums

maybe the almighty could design a chosen minifig to represent his awesome-awards, and make a pic people can place whenever awesomness is to be respected. ( on a stand, like a certain movie award)

maybe even a small piece of artwork from the overlord?
Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Postby Almighty Benny » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Ranger S2H wrote:maybe even a small piece of artwork from the overlord?

It already exists!
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby stubby » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:19 pm

NatalyaAF wrote:Rayhawk, throughout the rulebook and supplements and this board I see these shadows of you having played many strategy games or whatever where the players you were with completely sucked. Have these bad experiences like in some way scarred you such that you're afraid of this sort of thing? It just seems like you've had too many bad experiences to count... So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you've gone really far out of your way with this game making sure that no one else ever has to suffer your miserable fate of being stuck with asshole gamers.

Yeah, that's funny, I haven't really had that many bad experiences in person. I mean I'm definitely familiar with inconsiderate gamers, you go to any game con and you'll encounter any number of examples - often detectable by smell - but they're easy to neutralize or avoid once you accept that you can't expect them to catch social cues or behave like people.

Really, I think it's all the emails about asshole gamers that drove me crazy. For a long time I spent more email time giving people advice about how to deal with the problem players in their groups than I did talking about the game itself, and it pissed me off that they managed to make themselves such a scourge on everyone else's attempts to have a little fun. So I started taking my favorite bits of advice and putting them in the rulebook instead, and the email load has gotten a lot more pleasant as a result.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby stubby » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:44 am

Good news: I was making the Almighty Benny additions to the rulebook today, and I figured out how to make Unmighty Penny work, so I'm even more self-satisfied than before.

An Unmighty Penny is like a reverse Almighty Benny; if you're burdened with an Unmighty Penny, any one of your enemies can cash it in to add a d6 to a roll against you.

The trouble was, I wanted to include Pennies, but I didn't want to see them turn into something that players could use to grief each other. So here's my solution: players can only give Unmighty Pennies to themselves, voluntarily! Problem solved. I'm so smart.

Why would you give yourself an Unmighty Penny? As a handicap, or as something to bid in exchange for tactical advantages, to bait opponents, or in special cases to apologize for screwing something up.
stubby
forum janitor

PreviousNext

Return to Bonus Material