Automatic fire and flamethrowers.

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Automatic fire and flamethrowers.

Postby Silent-sigfig » Tue May 06, 2008 9:32 am

Note: I'm using my home rules for damage.

If a weapon has automatic fire capabilities, you spread your index and middle fingers apart in a cone. Then stick a ruler to each finger and measure out the range in inches. For every unit in that cone, you role a d6. on a six, they take damage and die.

If they have a special ability called automatic fire training(purchased for 1 cp, they can kill them on a five or six regulerly, or you could spread your MIDDLE AND RING finger and role the dice. On a 3-6 they die.

As you can see, you can either be more deadly with less targets or be less deadly with more targets.

Flame throwers:

Like automatic fire. You spread your fingers from the nozzle, and anything between your fingers is on fire.

if anyone was wondering, the low accuracy is with all of my weapons so that troopers try to beat others to death and use really unorthodox ways of killing others
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Atomsk » Tue May 06, 2008 11:44 am

I would actually advise a very different way of doing flamethrowers. My method is to use the Supernatural Powers Supplement, and give the flamethrower a certain amount of SP to be used on strictly fire damage. Originally I envisioned this for use on a medium-sized mech with a mounted flamethrower, but it could be easily adapted to a minifig-size weapon.

Keep in mind that with this method, the more damage or range or area you want to effect, the higher the use rating. Also, the more SP avalible, the more the weapon costs. It's actually a very effective way of introducing new effect into Brikwars while keeping some semblance of balance to the game.
Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Postby IVhorseman » Tue May 06, 2008 4:06 pm

because it's not like we spent four threads arguing about how automatic fire should work (5 if you include the Heavy MG/minigun rules), or like i spent another thread for fire and all related effects.

i don't like this simply because there's a "you roll a 6 and they die" clause added in there. suddenly all that body armor i spent CP on is moot, and invincible super heroes have a 1/6 chance of dying from any old minifig with a machinegun.

i THINK our flamethrowers work about the same though, except mine have a UR of 4 to light things and figs.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Silent-sigfig » Tue May 06, 2008 6:52 pm

I use house rules, and and any unit stupid enough to step into a machine gun's range is...well, that's what brikwars is all about, isn't it?

Don't forget using heroic feats to dodge fire.
BFenix wrote:

Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Dr. X » Wed May 07, 2008 11:40 pm

Instead of a 'roll a 6 and you die' Damage, how about this:

For a handheld machinegun (MP5, Sturmgeweher, ect.), damage is 1d6+1, like a normal ranged weapon in the 2005 rules. For a heavy machine gun, like an MG42 or some other mounted one, damage 1d6+4 is good.

And the flamethrower idea sounds great to me.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Silent-sigfig » Sun May 11, 2008 10:28 am

Dr. X wrote:Instead of a 'roll a 6 and you die' Damage, how about this:

For a handheld machinegun (MP5, Sturmgeweher, ect.), damage is 1d6+1, like a normal ranged weapon in the 2005 rules. For a heavy machine gun, like an MG42 or some other mounted one, damage 1d6+4 is good.

And the flamethrower idea sounds great to me.

That would work for regular brikwars. My home rules are different.
BFenix wrote:

Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Dr. X » Sun May 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Oh. OK then.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:13 pm

wow silent sig fig! I have diabetes and I hate the Diabeetus comercial too and so does my friend.
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil

Postby pesgores » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:19 am

Cpt. Zipps wrote:wow silent sig fig! I have diabetes and I hate the Diabeetus comercial too and so does my friend.

Really?

Anyways, no need for the big revival, but if we start a new discussion about this, start it on General Discussion.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Return to Bonus Material