Spellbombs...

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Spellbombs...

Postby Tarren » Mon May 19, 2008 6:22 pm

I has an idea for a simple thing called a spellbomb.
there are five kinds.
white, green, black, blue, and red.
each can either explode, and turn into a pistol..
or, use its special ability and explode (one time use)
they could be represented by 1x1 cylinders in the corresponding colors, or any other bally/cylindrical thing.

black: use to instantly kill any figure whos base cost is 7 or less (extra abilitys, armor, weapons, etc. don't cost towards point cost)

blue: return target minifig to starting position with all starting weapons, life, etc. with him, in addition to whatever he was holding/held unless it is in another figures hands.

white:return a minfig from the crunch(death)with its starting equipment to its starting position.

red: destroy two target minifigs (the CLASS)

green: give target figure an extra action, and +1 on its use skill for the next 3 turns

any ideas to help this?
Last edited by Tarren on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.
Tarren
Dimmy

Postby Bleep » Mon May 19, 2008 6:35 pm

I'm new, but the black one seems pretty easy to kill figs with. After all, a hero's base cost is 8cp. 10 cp blam! Dead hero. One black cylinder and the whole battle ends? That doesn't sound good... :|
TROLOLO
Bleep
Champion

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Tue May 20, 2008 7:14 am

I'm with Bleep on this one, you should try and lower the 10cp, it's just too easy. Maybe you should add a die roll of some sort, and if it isn't high enough it still messily blows off some limbs.

Welcome to the forums Bleep (I love that name). Just make sure to watch your spelling and do not get caught up with the wrong crowd (dimmies).
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby superdave » Tue May 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Blue and white seem similar- could you use blue on a dead fig to resurrect it?
TROLOLO
superdave
Hero

Postby Tarren » Tue May 20, 2008 6:48 pm

thats what white does xD
fine, it doesn't heal limbs.
transport a body carrying a transportable ofr the flag back to base..
xD
instant win.
and I thought heros were 11 points..
okay, 7 points or less for that one :P
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.
Tarren
Dimmy

Postby blackwing77 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:41 pm

Heroes have 8cp as a base cost but hero abilities bring it to 11cp.
TROLOLO
blackwing77
Officer

Postby CreatioNZ » Wed May 21, 2008 12:19 am

doesn't the black mean every minifig blows up in less than one turn? (Apart from heroes).

Also I think the green one mught be hard to moderate how many turns it has been. I think it could boost skill +2 for one turn, maybe.

And blue and white aren't the same. Blue allows a minifig to effectively respawn. even if it/he/she is still alive. White only allows a dead minifig to respawn. I suppose maybe ditch white and just have blue.
TROLOLO
CreatioNZ
Nice Dubs

Postby Tarren » Wed May 21, 2008 5:35 am

but then they're wouldnt be a counterbalence to black.
and remember, its either explode and turn into a pistol, or explode and do its special ability.
so you can't use anyone over and over, unless you buy enough of one for the whole game.
we should set a point total for these...but it has to be the same for each...
any ideas?
Tarren
Dimmy

Postby Bleep » Wed May 21, 2008 12:19 pm

blackwing77 wrote:Heroes have 8cp as a base cost but hero abilities bring it to 11cp.

Special abilities don't count though in the rules my floppy penis proposed.
TROLOLO
Bleep
Champion

Postby Rody » Wed May 21, 2008 1:34 pm

how would you know?
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Re: Spellbombs...SHIT!

Postby blackwing77 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:23 pm

my floppy penis wrote:black: use to instantly kill any figure whos base cost is 10 or less (extra abilitys, armor, weapons, etc. don't cost towards point cost)
TROLOLO
blackwing77
Officer

Postby Rody » Thu May 22, 2008 12:47 am

ah like that, must teach my brains to stop overlooking important bits of info
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby CreatioNZ » Thu May 22, 2008 2:16 am

what are their use or method of measuring what it explodes into?

also I don't think they should be too expensive, but expensive enough to not buy more than a 1 or 2. I would say around 10-15cps each but I (and my LEGO group) play with a 100 ish point limit and 10-15 point would only make players buy one so they can buy other things.
TROLOLO
CreatioNZ
Nice Dubs

Postby CreatioNZ » Thu May 22, 2008 2:20 am

also if we take into account that they explode into pistol (3cps), raise a minfig (4cps) with any weapons or armour from the dead (unlimited cps), or gives skill bonuses it has a bit of power, but they also can be totally useless if you were to get the pistol. (comparing to what it could of done)
TROLOLO
CreatioNZ
Nice Dubs

Postby Tarren » Fri May 23, 2008 10:16 am

ANY weapons or armor?
were did you get that preposterous hypotjhesis...did steve till you that per chance?...steve...
no, its just what the fig had on him. and hwat he was carrying.
so: if he starts with a pistol, drops it, (for the blue) and gets a rifle, use the blue to transport him back to base with said rifle and pistol
for black: he dies, he goes back to base with siad pistol.
Tarren
Dimmy

Next

Return to Bonus Material