Source Material: Hero Stereotypes and Stupendous Feats

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Source Material: Hero Stereotypes and Stupendous Feats

Postby superdave » Tue May 27, 2008 2:32 pm

For all of you who are searching for new plot devices, personalities, and feats for your BrikWars heroes and game, check out this site. It's a wiki-style site that references common elements of television and film presentations, especially character behavior and standard plot twists. Engaging reading on its own, applied to BrikWars it should allow you to flesh out your games even more.

As if we needed more flesh in our games.
TROLOLO
superdave
Hero

Postby Timedude » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:40 am

This website is EPIC! I've spent the last three days reading through various corners of the site. And it is awesome! Because it is. Plus, it lists all my least favorite features of a variety of shows and such: Our Vampires Are Different being a my most hated convention of modern fiction. But also including The Sorting Algorithm Of Evil and The Fantasy Kitchen Sink. Oh, and you all should be familiar with The Conservation Of Ninjutsu, and the Redshirt/Redshirt Army. So basically, this website manages to give cool names to all those little things about fiction we laugh at. Read it!

Timedude
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:
Timedude
Cannon Fodder

Postby Blitzen » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:27 pm

TVTropes is the epitome of David Morgan-Mar's evil. One time, I clicked on a TVTropes link in his annotations, and spent three days with forty new tabs in FireFox. It is evil.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Blitzen wrote:...and spent three days with forty new tabs in FireFox. It is evil.

so, wikipedia?
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Blitzen » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:56 pm

Worse than Wikipedia.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby superdave » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:12 am

Blitzen wrote:TVTropes is the epitome of David Morgan-Mar's evil. One time, I clicked on a TVTropes link in his annotations, and spent three days with forty new tabs in FireFox. It is evil.

Exactly how I found it....
TROLOLO
superdave
Hero

Postby Airpi » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Please do not tempt me to go back to that site. I have a life to live.
TROLOLO
Airpi
Champion

Return to Bonus Material