Dime-A-Dozen Troopers

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Dime-A-Dozen Troopers

Post by feuer_faust » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:12 pm

EDIT: Expect a number of these over the next while: my room mate and I like making different units... different. Eventually (if it gets bad enough) I'll cull some threads and make one giant, snaking monstrosity as an archive of my efforts.

Updates are displayed in glorious 0000FF.

From the far reaches of an ancient empire a long time ago and way far away come the Dime-A-Dozen Troopers. Plentiful, hardy, and cheap, these ignominious soldiers fill the ranks of armies everywhere. They care not who they fight for or if they end up fighting each other; they care only that they are paid their five dollar combat pay on time.
Dime-A-Dozen Trooper: 4 CP
Skill: 1D6
Move: 5"
Armor: 5

Monopolystyrene Vacuum Armor (+1 cp):
Environmentally sealed and granting it's wearer +1 armor, this is the main reason why the troopers have survived for so frustratingly long.
Dies in Droves (-1 cp): Due to some genetic programming and the relative shoddiness of their mass production, troopers have a love of mayhem (even if they are on the receiving end!) Any time a friendly unit is wounded, the wound is transferred to a random trooper within 6", provided the trooper could have been attacked in the first place.
And now you know why they are everywhere!
Last edited by feuer_faust on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's a secret to everybody.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:01 am

haha cool.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:47 pm

For thematic reasons, it seems awkward that a trooper that is "a dime a dozen" costs more than a normal minifig.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Yeah, the cp cost should be a bit lower. Otherwise, it's great! ^_^
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Post by feuer_faust » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:43 pm

I get what you mean... I sort of came up with the name not so much to describe their quality so much as their quantity:

"Quantity has a quality all its own." - J.S.

That said, I think maybe I made them too hardcore. I blame peer pressure, as my roommate's friend is a big Star Wars fan. I did sort of give them the bonus for the full-body armor a la my Mandalorians... let's edit the above and see what we get.
It's a secret to everybody.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Rayhawk is making a cannon fodder minifig, which is basically the lowest form you can get. 1d4 skill and armor I think.