My custom Assassin Character!

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

__Nero__
Nice
Location: In a dank dark cave plotting ways to kill peach colored figs and dimmies

My custom Assassin Character!

Post by __Nero__ » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:03 pm

For those people who asked I found the stats for my custom unit called assassin:

Skill:1d6+2
Move:7"
armor:5
Cost:12cp

Skills:

Target: An assassin must go after his target and try not to kill anything else. At the beginning of the game, after setup, assign targets to each assassin by writing the target on a piece of papper or index card.After the target is killed a new target is assigned. Assassins get plus two on all die rolls concerning the target and minus two on all rolls concerning enemy units other than the target.

Stealth:An assassin gets 1/3 cover while moving and 2/3 cover while standing still. These bonuses add to existing cover and can make him nearly invisible and cannot be spotted unless he calls attention to himself or is spotted by an enemy scout.

Dying Breath: Due to loyalty, when an assassin is killed they get one attack or Assassin Strike before death.

Assassin's Aura: An assassin's presence greatly troubles the targeted minifig and causes them to have minus 1 on all rolls, but when the assassin gets within a 10" radius of the target, the target becomes seriously freaked out resulting in -2 on all die rolls.

Gymnastics: asssassins can climb any distance and only count it as 1" and do not take damage from falling.

Then there are the special weapons that they get to use:

Assassin Blade:

Any hand weapon.
Cost: 10cp
Use: As listed on weapon cahrt for weapon size
Range: CC
Damage:1d10+2
Poison(optional): 10cp, if the weapon hits, roll 1d6 for every turn after the hit until death or cured. If the 1d6 rolls a 1 the target is dead, otherwise nothing happens.

Assassin Darts:

Any dart looking object such as a feather.
Cost: 10cp
Use: 2
Range: 10"
Damage 1d6+2
Poison(optional): 10cp

Blowgun:
Cost: 15cp
use: 3
Range: 13"
Damage: 1d6+3
Poison(optional): 10cp

Suicide Bomb:

A backpack or tabk put on the front of a minifig.
Cost: 20cp
Use: 3
Range: CC
Damage: 1d10+3
Radius:3"

Sorry I don't have any guns yet but I will soon.

Now remember that only assassins can use these weapons.
I hope you enjoy making your assassins and killing their targets! If you have any ideas please tell me! I would also like to see your assassins so please PM your creations!

-Nero
Last edited by __Nero__ on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:15 pm

sounds pretty good, if the targeted unit system is a bit confusing. who picks the targets? i'm assuming the assassin's player?

and the only thing i'd suggest is to put stealth into the same fashion as the scout and ninja's stealth abilities, and either getting rid of the assassin's strike or all other attacks altogether. keep in mind, a 1/2 chance of slaughtering a minifig is usually too good to pass up, ESPECIALLY if they're designated hero killers. thusly, all other weapons are obsolete.

also, since assassins are hero killers, perhaps they could negatively affect heroic feats? like if an assassin is within a certain range of a hero, the feat is less likely to be successful, or maybe not even possible at all!

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Thats a good idea. Perhaps -1 to all Heroic Feats? Or -2, depending on exactly how good this is supposed to be.

__Nero__
Nice
Location: In a dank dark cave plotting ways to kill peach colored figs and dimmies

Post by __Nero__ » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:30 pm

ok i'll take out the assassins strike. I do like that idea for the heroic feat disability though. And just to clarify, the assassin's player choses the targets. You can have as many assassins as you can afford.

EDIT: I added the rule called Assassin's Aura which is basically IVhorseman's idea.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:39 pm

Wow nice stats and there is the fact you added the cp cost.
I think the cp cost is too little.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

__Nero__
Nice

Post by __Nero__ » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:06 pm

well I wanted them to cost <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> so that you couldn't have a whole bunch of assassins running around. They are costly because they are so good.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:09 pm

No, he means they don't cost enough. Like, they should cost more. Personally, I don't care, because I hate CP. But for the people who use it, that looks to be too little.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

__Nero__
Nice

Post by __Nero__ » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:12 pm

ooooo. oops my bad. well! I'll make everything cost more!

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:17 pm

HOLY $%!@!!!!!!!!!!!!! 25 cp?!?!?!? A hero costs 11... Think about it that way. I think this should cost about 10-12 or so, maybe less.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

__Nero__
Nice

Post by __Nero__ » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:18 pm

ok srry I'm new to the points system. Seriously I hate too.

EDIT: I would love to see any assassin's you guys make. Seriously I love seeing things basesd off my crap.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:21 pm

Thier new cost is way more accurate, thanks.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

__Nero__
Nice

Post by __Nero__ » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:22 pm

no problem. I live to make things appropritate to wipe peach colored figs and dimmies of this planet.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:23 pm

Don't be sorry, it's an easy mistake. You never know exactly how much you want something to cost... And the CP system is something thats really easy to hate. I really don't like it :twisted:

__Nero__
Nice

Post by __Nero__ » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:24 pm

lol I agree brother in mass destruction. :D

Sir Lancelot
Hero

Post by Sir Lancelot » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:55 am

Not to seem an Anorak, but I calculated out the CP cost of the assassin. It costs 15.5. Rounded up from that is 16, almost equal in cost to the Ninja.

- Sir Lancelot