Ignore this, just a test begining of a rulebook

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Ignore this, just a test begining of a rulebook

Postby Silent-sigfig » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:11 pm

Brickbattles Rulebook.

Index:

Basic overview:

There are four basic things that this game needs. Units, cost of units, damage, and armor. Let’s begin.

Units: A unit is anything on the field that is bought or manipulated by the player. Some examples of units are minifigs, horses, monster trucks, and jets. Things that are not units include landscaping (although features can be used as units. Ex: an angry dog attacking a troop), rivers, and lawn chairs.

Determining the cost of units: A units cost is determined by many things. All minifigs cost three points apiece. With a light ranged weapon or a hand-to-hand weapon, they’re five points. Heavy ranged weapons with a fig are six points. Armor costs one point. Abilities costs are determined by what they are. Animals are basically the number of appendages times the length of the backbone (round down). A horse would cost four points. A jellyfish would cost 0 points, although one more if it was to be poisonous. As for vehicles, it’s the longest length of the vehicles times the power of the propulsion systems.

Damage: Damage is how many d6’s of dice in damage a weapon gives. This is basically determined by how much money you spent on the weapon, plus other matters.

Armor: Armor is how many d6’s of armor a unit has. Roll both armor and damage rolls. Whatever is higher wins.

The minifig:

Basic: The minifig is the basic unit. They cost 3 points for a bare fig. They have a strength of 1, a damage of 1d6, a skill of 1d6, move 5 inches a turn, and can jump too a height of one inch(so the basic fig can move 4 inches and jump 1 inch in a turn).
Modifiers: Want a cheaper minifig of a better basic one? The following tables show modifiers to the cost and abilities of a fig.

Ability: (+/-) What it does: Cost:
Weightlifter (+) Allows fig to pick up 1 extra block for every time this skill is purchased. Also adds +1 of damage. Maximum of three. 2 point.
Thick skin (+) Gives fig 2d6 of damage. Maximum of one. 2 points.
Sprinter (+) Gives fig the ability too run an extra inch. Maximum of three. 1 point.
Mad skillz (+) Gives minifig another d6 of skill. Maximum of three. 2 points.
Cannon fodder (-) Sucks minifig of all but the most rudimentary skills. They can’t start with weapons, they have -1 too everything, and can’t pilot. They also can’t have any other skills. This makes the whole unit cost 1 point.
Weak (-). Can’t pick anything heavier than a cup up. -1 point.
Crybaby (-). Minus 1 point from armor. -1 point.
Slug (-). Moves 4 inches. Can’t jump. -1 point.
Butterfingers (-). -1 too all skill rolls. -1 point.

Special minifigs: Want a fig too fill a special role? Here’s a table.
Ability: Description: Cost of unit:
Hero Basically the same as a fig, except he get’s a heroic feat, which is doing something awesome. When doing a heroic feat, you and an opponent roll a die. If you’re higher, your feat succeeds. If he’s higher, nothing happens. If he roles a six or you role a one, regardless of what the other rolled, it’s a heroic failure. They also get 2d6 armor 8 points.
Champion. Hero times three. One per team. 20 points
Medic. Healing dead guys. Roll a d6, if it’s higher than 2 he lives. 6 points.
Pilot. Driving all sorts of vehicles. Can do all sorts of things on vehicles, as regular troops can only do one. +1 to all rolls in vehicles 5 points.
Mechanics Like a medic for vehicles. Also, during the enemy’s turn, he can throw a vehicle together, If he has salvaged enough parts. 5 points.
Sniper. For every turn he spends aiming on an enemy unit he gets +1 too his damage. He can’t fire more than two shots from within 3 inches of his target. Every turn he doesn’t move he gets =1 too his amour. 6 points.
Scout. Can locate all hidden units. 4 points.

Weapons:

Weapons are devices minifigs use too kill each other. The main types are Small CC, Large CC, Small ranged, and large ranged. Close combat weapons can hit anything within the area they can touch.

Type: Example: Description: Cost:
Small Close-Combat. Short sword, knife, hammer, wrench, helmet. Anything shorter than a minifig. They do 1d6 of damage. 1 point
Large close-combat. Pike, long sword Does 1d6 of damage. Anything taller or equal to a minifig. 2 points.
Small ranged weapon. Bow, pistol. What you say is a pistol. 1d6 damage. Range of 10 inches. 2 point
Heavy ranged weapon. Rifle, crossbow What you say is a rifle. 2d6 of damage -2. Range of 15 inches. 3 points.

Other weapons:

There are many other types of weapons, including bazookas, sniper rifles, shotguns, flame throwers, and improve weapons.

Bazookas: Fire 3 inch explosive shells. Range of 13 inches. Cost: 5 points.
Shotguns: Tack one point two any weapon and it fired in a two-finger cone of the range of the weapon, with-1 damage.
Flamethrowers: Work just like shotguns, except that they fire fire. Five inch kill range, five more inches of light-on-fire range. If a minifig carrying a flamethrower is kill, it explodes in a two inch fireball. 5 points.
Sniper rifles: Tack on +1 point and a longer barrel to a weapon. Then add +1 damage for every turn that the troop spends aiming.

Improvised weapons:

Weapons that are randomly picked up or cobbled together. Basic damage of 1d6. Useful for rabble and cannon fodder
Ker-improv table:
Does it have/is it/ can it: Then…:
A flat surface of some sort? It can stun someone.
Have a blade? It shall be regarded as a light CC weapon.
A stick? Regard it as a light cc weapon, -1
A spear? Is a light CC weapon.
Shoot water or other liquid? A flamethrower that shoots liquid.
Shoot fire? A flamethrower.
Remote controlled? It can be controlled by a minifig with a control that can see it.
Have wheels? It can move at 4 inches per turn when shoved.
Explosive? It will detonate in a
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby ace121 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:15 pm

Yes I phail, but I have to ask... Why post this on the world wide web if you want it ignored? :lol:

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"
ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby Silent-sigfig » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:24 pm

Because it stinks. an disn't complete. And my flash drive broke and I'm getting my laptop reimageds.
BFenix wrote:

Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby piltogg » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:49 pm

I made one called brickbattle also about a month ago.. posted in lesser games. ya might want to change the title to avoid the confusion.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby CreatioNZ » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:19 am

traitors, the lot of yous. Why would you want to make another game when you are posting on a forum that promotes another awesome game also known as BRIKWARS!!! gosh :evil:
TROLOLO
CreatioNZ
Nice Dubs

Postby Silent-sigfig » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:22 am

Silent-sigfig wrote: And my flash drive broke and I'm getting my laptop reimaged.

That's why.
BFenix wrote:

Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby piltogg » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:23 am

if you have played 300+ brikwars, you would want to change it up too.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Shaeph » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:30 pm

lol, as soon as i saw "Ignore this" i just had to click it
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin
Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Postby flabort » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:34 pm

Shaeph wrote:lol, as soon as i saw "Ignore this" i just had to click it

Me too. "ignore this" type action is always stupidly hilarious, especially any arguments that ensue because of them.

as long as i'm not in those arguments.
Flaming Leeches And Beetles On Rye Toast

My name is an Acronym
TROLOLO
flabort
Champion

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:37 pm

Your name is an acronym.

(Hey! I'm trying to ignore the first post, since the poster asked for so!)
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Return to Bonus Material