Clerix/Cybernetix?

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Clerix/Cybernetix?

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:12 pm

So there's Mexhanix, and there's Medix. One heals minifigs, while the other fixes vehicles. However, neither of them can give a Mind to a lifeless lump of bricks, and the supernatural rules on necromancy are expensive. So how about a clerik who can grant minds to things through the use of holy symbols, convert other units, and smite their enemies?

The way I see it working, the Clerik would buy Holy Artefakts ahead of time before the game starts, but is considered to have access to them at any time. These Artefakts would take a single "action" to attach to something, and would have a skill die associated with each of them. So, for example, a Clerik would start the game with 3 1d4 Artefakts and one 1d8 artefakt. When a Clerik attaches something, the Holy Artefakt rolls it's own skill against the skill roll of whatever it is attached to - if it's a corpse, rock, or otherwise lifeless object, the fusion is automatically successful. If the Artefakt rolls higher, then the unit is converted, and replaces their skill with that of the Artefakt, which remains attached to the minifig/creature for the rest of the game. If the Artefakt ties or rolls lower however (or if a 1 is rolled vs. an inanimate object), the Artefakt is destroyed.

Artefakts may also be expended to Smite enemies. Smiting will automatically hit, for as much damage as the Artefakt's die rolls. Since they're single-use only I'm not sure how horrendously broken this may or may not be, so if anyone would like to playtest any of this that'd be really cool.

And that's basically it! I don't see any reason why cleriks should have any more or less armor/movement than a regular minifig does, and this is very easily applied across different flavors of cleriks. Wanna be a dark priest? Attach Artefakts to a bunch of skeletons and corpses, or stack a bunch of corpses into one horrible meatpile and animate that. Playing in the future? Be a cybernetik, because technology eventually replaces religion as time goes on anyways. The only "penalty" I see necessary is that a minifig would have to have "Clerik" as an ability to take advantage of Artefakts, and that could just be a CP cost.

What do you guys think?

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Re: Clerix/Cybernetix?

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:12 pm

A great idea. I've been using the new magic rules in various brikwars for jedi/ninjas/mages/undead/whatever and I noticed similiar problems. One question though: If you choose to animate a dead corpse, for example, would it retain its old skill and stats or use those of the holy artefakt?

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:29 pm

I like the idea, but I seem to remember stubby mentioning something about a minifig that can create minds. I could be wrong though.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:11 pm

^^ which is why I want to put forward some ideas. If Stubby's stuck on a rule, maybe we'll provide some inspiration
Ben-Jammin wrote: If you choose to animate a dead corpse, for example, would it retain its old skill and stats or use those of the holy artefakt?
It would retain the artefact's skill, not the minifig.