BrikwaRPG(Collette's version is finished, and probly better)

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

BrikwaRPG(Collette's version is finished, and probly better)

Post by Silverdream » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm building an RPG out of brikwars combat and lego. The idea is to make it ridiculously violent and hilarious, yet still carry a decent storyline and have balanced gameplay. Each character will have a list of Good and Bad traits, as well as classes, races, specialties and backgrounds. Skill dies will start out at 1d6, and then grow as you level up.

Good Traits
-Constructor. Cost 6. Can construct surrounding building blocks into a creation.
-Nashy Teeth. Cost 2. Can do 1d6+1 biting attacks(without a skill roll).
-Intelligence Cost: 1. Can use computers, do math, comprehend physics, read.
-Bloodlust Cost 2. Gets +1 on any diceroll relating to violence or gore.
-Feminist Cost 3. May summon the double sided dildo of equality and wield the strapon of women's rights.
-Masculinist Cost 2. Gets +1 to beating up, killing, maiming or defending self from females.
-Heavy. Cost 4. Ignores size limit of any weapon.
-Secretly a Robot. Cost 5. Immortal as long as one body part is salvaged.
-Strength. Cost 2. Gets +1 to melee attacks, shoving, lifting and showing off.
-Sexy. Cost 5. Can remove articles of clothing to distract enemies or allies of appropriate sexual orientation. Can persuade NPCs to do anything for them. Can make seduction rolls.
-Parkour Douche. Cost 1. Gets +1 for running, jumping and flipping feats.
-Pilotry. Cost 4. Can Pilot anything.
-Trolling Master Cost: 3. Can piss off certain enemies to the extent of making them make self-defeating decisions, such as taking their rage out on the nearest person regardless of allegiance.
-Gunslinger Cost: 4. +1 to hit with any one handed firearm. By saving 5" of movement, gets another +1 to hit and doubles range of weapon.
-Martial Artist Cost: 3. Can deal 1d6 of damage with bare hands and random objects, and stuns enemies for a turn if attack equals armor. Also, has faster hands and can do other martial arts type actions.
-Evolved From Speedy Gonzales Cost: 3. Additional 5" of movement, and always attacks first when a response action was saved.
-Everyone loves ___ Cost: 2. Much easier to avoid random fights, because you can probably convince that random drunk to be your friend on the fly. Enemies will be less likely to target you.
-Assassin Cost: 5. Move silently, -1 to hit on all incoming attacks, and deal +2 to damage when using any type of knife or sword.
-Quick Draw Cost: 2. Always attack first when combat starts.

Bad Traits
-Gland Problem. Cost -3. Gets -3" of movement.
-Useless. Cost: -2. Starts with 1d4 skill instead of 1d6.
-Disabled. Cost: -1. Can only move in a wheelchair.
-Old. Cost -1. Cannot use computers or complicated gadgets including keypads, ATMS, communicators or cellphones.
-Unlicensed. Cost: -2. Cannot drive anything with a motor.
-Tween. Cost: -1. Enemies will take priority in attacking you.
-Racist. Cost: -2. Cannot deal with any other races without offending them, and provoking them into violence.
-One Eyed. Cost: -3. Cannot make accurate single shots with a gun.
-One armed. Cost: -4. Only has one arm, will provoke certain people into violence.
-Ugly. Cost: -3. NPCs will only talk to you if you have money.
-Secretly Three Ducks. Cost: -6. When killed, three actor ducks with 1d4 skill will pop out of your body, and you will play as them until you find a new costume. They cannot wield weapons and only speak duckese.
-Reluctant Warrior Cost: -2. You don't really want to kill anyone, but sometimes you have to. -1 to all damage rolls with melee weapons.
-Coward Cost: -3. -1 to skill when outnumbered. -2 to skill when outnumbered twice over.
-Tribal Cost: -3. Can only use firearms as random objects, and cannot wear armor.
-Darker Knight. Cost: -4. Must kill any character who has committed heinous, evil or corrupt crimes at any point in their life. Includes smaller evils such as jaywalking, keeping too much change, or talking in the theatre. Will not kill self in this case due to the idea of gritty redemption.
-Hunger. Cost: -5. After something dies, this minifig must attempt to eat it or drink it's blood.

One's good and bad traits must equal 0 at the start of the game. Traits can be gained and lost as appropriate. I.e Neil DeGrasse Tyson's brain is sucked out of his body and shredded into millions of tiny pieces. Now the party's medik, Dr. House must roll to see if the brain he stitches together will make Neil Useless or if it can be salvaged. House makes a medikal feat to replace Neil's brain and rolls 4 against 4. It is arbitrarily decided by the GM that Neil's usefulness is saved, but he loses his Intelligence and knowledge of the cosmos.

RACES.
Races are virtually irrelevant when it comes to anything important, however some choices will leave a horde of genocidal assyrians after you, and some choices will give you entitlement and some respect.

-Peach
-Bonus shit: Gets to speak four languages, if it comes up. Automatically gets tween.
-Yellow
-Bonus shit: Gets to speak two languages, and is less likely to be genocided. Automatically gets Racist.
-Robot
-Bonus shit: Can't die of cancer, radiation, or any weak fleshy shit. Automatically gets Secretly a Robot. Will take 1d10 damage from water.
-Duckese
-Bonus shit: Really good at flying, eating and swimming. Gets Secretly three ducks automatically. Can disguise themselves as any race should they have a costume.
-Ork
-Bonus shit: Automatically gets nashy teeth and strength.
Undead
-Bonus shit: For every fleshy eaten, you get an almighty benny.

ARCHETYPES

Medic
A sadist who forces others to relive their deaths over and over again, this fig has gone to school for almost a decade to learn the secrets of torture, re-animation, healing and the way of John Sade. Usually talks with a thick accent.
"I can only get aroused from flogging."

Pompous ass hero.
The underdog who completely dominates all the bad guys. Uses stupendous feats and charisma to brutally kill stuff. Thinks he is better than everyone else because he is better than everyone else.
"The hammer is my penis."

Manic Pixie Dream Girl
Just your average Mary Sue. Is good at practically everything and is usually smart and sexy. Gets +1 to all skill rolls and is weird and clinically insane. When a character of this archetype dies, she is gone forever.
"I named my cult after Springsteen."
"Cool... what was his name?"
"Bruce."

Straight man
A less eccentric hero, who operates as the voice of reason. Also, probably yells a lot at his party when they try to do something stupid. As the only sane one, he/she is usually smart, kind, responsible, sarcastic and lacks comprehension of the insane brikverse. Can tell if a character is secretly anything, and if the villain is just an idiot in a lizard costume. There should never be more than one in a party.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

Captain Idiot
The leader of the group, if only because of rank. Can easily command farmers as if they're well trained militiamen. Can form people into squads and inspire comrades as well as give people combat abilities they didn't have before. Is usually oblivious, blunt and rude but very tactically sound.
"Jenkins! Keep your head down before the Huns put it down for you—and put that rotgut away before I have to notice it!"

Mekanik
A great architect, engineer and fighter. Starts with a pry tool and the skill to construct objects out of the surrounding lego pieces. Should probably be played by the best builder of the party, or the most bored.
"You're not using power tools, are you?

Plucky Comic Relief
The snarky teen of the group. Can speak any language and lightens the mood by bringing in quirky subplots and subquests. Can choose an older brother or older sister character. When that character dies, the plucky comoic relief may choose to ditch his archetype and traits and pick up his/her sibling's traits and archetype.
Abe, I like my humping like I like my martini's. Dry.

YOUR CHARACTER

All characters should start out with 1d6 skill. As veteran brikwarriors will recall, this die is used to determine whether you character can use certain objects/spells/technology. Two levels following, the skill die increases as so.
Level 1: 1d6
Level 3: 1d8
Level 5: 1d10
Level 7: 1d12
Level 10: 1d20

If one starts out with 1d4, one would level up to 1d20 at level 12.

Leveling up and stuff

One levels up as according to the amount of stuff one does. TBD

Defense and speed

TBD
Last edited by Silverdream on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 18 times in total.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Thesson
Cannon Fodder

Re: BrikwaRPG

Post by Thesson » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:49 am

And its back Ham!

Thesson: Ewok hunter.
Intelligent
Heavy
Secretly a robot
pilot
Everyone loves ___
Assasin
And is also three ducks. Secretly.
Last edited by Thesson on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:02 am

Yo fuck face, no one asked you to make a character. This is for feedback and development on the concept.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

Thesson
Cannon Fodder

Post by Thesson » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:05 am

Jesus! Someone is very upset.
What are you so angry about? Or just using this as an excuse to say 'Fuckface'?

Edit: I wiped it for you if your THAT angry.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:22 am

New rule: if you make somebody into a character and it doesn't offend them enough to call you a fuck face, it means you're not trying hard enough.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:51 am

Here, some traits you may or may not include.
Good traits
Trolling Master Cost: 3. Can piss off certain enemies to the extent of making them make self-defeating decisions, such as taking their rage out on the nearest person regardless of allegiance.
Gunslinger Cost: 4. +1 to hit with any one handed firearm. By saving 5" of movement, gets another +1 to hit and doubles range of weapon.
Martial Artist Cost: 3. Can deal 1d6 of damage with bare hands and random objects, and stuns enemies for a turn if attack equals armor. Also, has faster hands and can do other martial arts type actions.
Evolved From Speedy Gonzales Cost: 3. Additional 5" of movement, and always attacks first when a response action was saved.
Everyone loves ___ Cost: 2. Much easier to avoid random fights, because you can probably convince that random drunk to be your friend on the fly. Enemies will be less likely to target you.
Assassin Cost: 5. Move silently, -1 to hit on all incoming attacks, and deal +2 to damage when using any type of knife or sword.
Quick Draw Cost: 2. Always attack first when combat starts.

Bad Traits
Reluctant Warrior Cost: -2. You don't really want to kill anyone, but sometimes you have to. -1 to all damage rolls with melee weapons.
Coward Cost: -3. -1 to skill when outnumbered. -2 to skill when outnumbered twice over.
Tribal Cost: -3. Can only use firearms as random objects, and cannot wear armor.

Also, you need to be clear on how character creation works. There's more to starting stats than just skill you know.
Perhaps:
Skill: 1d6
Armor: 1d6
Movement: 5"
Hit points: 3
Skill points: 5

It's just somewhere to start.
This whole concept is a great idea, and I considered doing it myself a couple times. Glad that someone finally did it.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:27 am

Sauron - "Winner of Elections in the Turd Age"

Bloodlust 2
Masculinist 2
Heavy 4
Strength 2

Disabled -1 He is stuck in a tower
Old -1 very old
Unlicensed -2
Racist -2
One Eyed -3 He only has one eye!

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Hurry up and give this thing a test run. Consider renaming "Big Goddamn Hero" as "Heroic Asshole" or something else. As is, it sounds too much like someone who's better than everyone else and not enough like someone who thinks they're better than everyone else. There's a big difference.

Also:
Classes
Straight man
A less eccentric hero, who operates as the voice of reason. Also, probably yells a lot at his party when they try to do something stupid. There should never be more than one in a party.
(I'm trying to find an appropriate quote. If you can think of one, go right ahead.)
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Silverdream wrote:ARCHETYPES
Pompous ass hero.
The underdog who completely dominates all the bad guys. Uses stupendous feats and charisma to brutally kill stuff. Thinks he is better than everyone else because he is better than everyone else.
"The hammer is my penis."

Straight man
A less eccentric hero, who operates as the voice of reason. Also, probably yells a lot at his party when they try to do something stupid. As the only sane one, he/she is usually smart, kind, responsible, sarcastic and lacks comprehension of the insane brikverse. Can tell if a character is secretly anything, and if the villain is just an idiot in a lizard costume. There should never be more than one in a party.

Captain Idiot
The leader of the group, if only because of rank. Can easily command farmers as if they're well trained militiamen. Can form people into squads and inspire comrades. As well as give people combat abilities they didn't have before.
"Jenkins! Keep your head down before the Huns put it down for you—and put that rotgut away before I have to notice it!"
Better?
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Yes, much. Remember, the classes/archetypes/whatever they end up being called need to be specific, different, and useful enough that people have equal odds of picking any of them, meaning they can't be overpowered either.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Looks good. i find that a few exclusive abilities and some specific statcards can get the same effect, but this is good too.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:55 pm

Let's see here, how should I stat a Commando 64 Droid?
Silverdream wrote:Good Traits
-Intelligence Cost: 1. Can use computers, do math, comprehend physics, read.
-Secretly a Robot. Cost 5. Immortal as long as one body part is salvaged.
Gunslinger Cost: 4. +1 to hit with any one handed firearm. By saving 5" of movement, gets another +1 to hit and doubles range of weapon.
Assassin Cost: 5. Move silently, -1 to hit on all incoming attacks, and deal +2 to damage when using any type of knife or sword.
Quick Draw Cost: 2. Always attack first when combat starts.

Bad Traits
-Racist. Cost: -2. Cannot deal with any other races without offending them, and provoking them into violence.
-Ugly. Cost: -3. NPCs will only talk to you if you have money.
-Coward Cost: -3. -1 to skill when outnumbered. -2 to skill when outnumbered twice over.

RACES.
Races are virtually irrelevant when it comes to anything important, however some choices will leave a horde of genocidal assyrians after you, and some choices will give you entitlement and some respect.

-Robot
-Bonus shit: Can't die of cancer, radiation, or any weak fleshy shit. Automatically gets Secretly a Robot.

ARCHETYPES

Straight man
How unbalanced or balanced do you think that would be?
He'd basically be HK-47, but I figured if anyone should be the straight man, it should be the genocidal killbot...

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:01 pm

I like this. Might have to get some friends together and DM some kinda BrikwaRPG session.

And, to see if I can piss ham off further,

Robot_Monkey
Race: Robot
Archetype: Pompous Ass Hero

Good Traits:
Intelligence-1
Heavy-4
Secretly a robot- (automatic)
Gunslinger-4
Total:9

Bad Traits:
Reluctant Warrior -2
One-Armed -4
Total: -6
(Reason for one-armed: heavy balances it out)

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:05 pm

If you're level 1 you should be able to have 1 extra point's worth of abilities - so a level one fig could have good traits that add up to 4, but would need 3 points' worth of bad traits to balance. As you gain levels, you can ditch old abilities and builds to totally reformulate your character as needed - only race should be constant. Minifigs love changing things up, and will gladly forget how to read in order to become an assassin.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:31 pm

I'd assume your stuck with your archetype too.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.