BrikWars Stats (Updated 24 August 2013)

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: BrikWars Stats

Postby Tzan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:32 pm

It serves as an example of "totally ghetto", so it can't be included.

Also I the thread with the rules for it was probably blown up.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Natalya » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Okay I need to keep coding stuff into this app to make it more useful. For example, I want there to be a weapon stat section. I incorporated some weapon stats into my Space Canadian cards, but really weapons need their own cards. Can someone make some weapon cards or something? Or maybe I can just make a spreadsheet?

Some other stuff I could add to make the application more useful that I'm thinking of would be like calculators for some of the in-game math like momentum damage, or creation CP cost, or rule references. How would y'all feel about that?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Kalvinator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:32 pm

Natalya wrote:Some other stuff I could add to make the application more useful that I'm thinking of would be like calculators for some of the in-game math like momentum damage, or creation CP cost, or rule references. How would y'all feel about that?

I would love that... a lot.... please do it.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby samuelzz10 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 pm

I got it installed on my friend's mini-tablet for a brikwar, and it was pretty pimp. I'll link some cards soonish.
EDIT: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/350865 CARDS
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:00 pm

I have a printout of the major rule references that takes up about 3 pages. One page is just minifig weapons, one is for vehicle weapons (and some example vehicle speeds), and the third page is half structure levels (with examples) and combat modifiers like cover and whatnot (basically all the crap in the minifig combat chapter).

A momentum calculator would be friggin amazing.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:08 pm

IVhorseman wrote:A momentum calculator would be friggin amazing.

and something that tells you what an NPC would do, even with special things for demons and robots. I could write up what would happen, and probabilities if you want me to.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby lorbaat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Do you want 2010 cards, or just 2005?
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby Natalya » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Let's try to keep this 2010, but most 2005 cards will still work. If you didn't include 2005 weapons cost into the total CP you should be fine.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya

Postby lorbaat » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Natalya wrote:Let's try to keep this 2010, but most 2005 cards will still work. If you didn't include 2005 weapons cost into the total CP you should be fine.

Nope- straight 2010 rules.

lorbaat
Minifig

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:17 am

If you are interested in demon npc stats being added, here they are.
(NOTE: A demon has 3 actions, one after the other.)

1st action:
Moves 15" forward, doesn't turn. (20%)
Moves 15" Left (20%)
Moves 15" Right (20%)
Moves 10" backwards (5%)
Gains 10" altitude (15%)
Lowers 15" altitude (15%)
Drops to the ground, creating a 10" diameter 3d6 crater (5%)

2nd action:
attacks nearest minifig with sword (3d6 damage, because he is a f****** boss) (40%)
makes a supernatural splash attack, 6" radius (fire damage)(4d6 damage)(3d6 for range) (40%)
raises 5 minor demons (4%)
throws poison liquid :twss: at nearest enemy (4d6+3) (16%)

3rd action:
SUMMONS TROGDOR (1%)
SUMMONS BRICKTHULU (0.5%)
SUMMONS CORRUPTED DSM (0.5%)
attacks nearest minifig (3d6) (98%)
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby aoffan23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:13 am

Why do you have to make everything so fucking complicated? Just have the players decide what the NPC's do. Dice don't give you context, common sense, or improvised hilarity.

Seriously, all the rules you come up with seem like an effort to eliminate all human interaction from BrikWars.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 am

aoffan23 wrote:Why do you have to make everything so fucking complicated? Just have the players decide what the NPC's do. Dice don't give you context, common sense, or improvised hilarity.

Seriously, all the rules you come up with seem like an effort to eliminate all human interaction from BrikWars.
If the players decide, there is often disagreeing on who controls the npc. The reason a lot of the stuff I'm posting now is complex is because I'm fuckin around with SN dice. jesus.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby aoffan23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:01 am

samuelzz10 wrote:If the players decide, there is often disagreeing on who controls the npc.

WISG.

I understand that you're more the RPG-style player, and you like your numbers. But save that for your version of BrikRPG, and stop messing around with the simpler core game. It's like going to a T-ball game and trying to teach the kids how to optimize their hitting distance with different angles and spin.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:45 am

aoffan23 wrote:
WISG.

I understand that you're more the RPG-style player, and you like your numbers. But save that for your version of BrikRPG, and stop messing around with the simpler core game. It's like going to a T-ball game and trying to teach the kids how to optimize their hitting distance with different angles and spin.

Hm. I want to argue that but I can't really.

On one hand, rules and numbers or, more generally, a game's mechanical structure can certainly add context. As you imply, RPGs are a prime example but we've seen this in wargames as well. The structure informs what you do, lends it credence, gives it a backbone. Generally, especially in RPGs, the primary reason for doing this is to provide a fair gaming environment and the purpose in that is to maximize each person's fun around the table (knowing nothing about who will be playing and providing each average person the equal opportunity to achieve victories, whatever that means). But it also serves as a literal translation for ideas, a medium through which to express the exchange of ideas. Damage versus armor or hit points, as for example, are just numbers but they express the flow of combat, the status of the combatants and their willingness to continue fighting, and they serve as the medium through which we explain our actions (20 damage becomes judo chop).

On the other hand, and without disregarding the above ideas, its written into the mechanical structure of BrikWars to not really give a flying fuck. WISG boils any rules dispute down to almost its simplest form. If you wanted to be a real twat, you could run an entire game with nothing but WISG rolls. Or coin tosses. Or Roshambo. The game's narrative encourages us to discard notions of fairness and even takes the stance that we really shouldn't need rules at all, that we wouldn't if we weren't all such banal, creatively dead, weak-minded, blithering idiots. Or some such thing. Honestly, I think that's the funniest thing about BrikWars, that paradoxical stance.

In any case, the agreeing point is to have fun, however it is you (and really, we're speaking "as a group or set of BrikWars players" whenever possible) do that. Ultimately, for me, its really up to the group consensus whenever I play that determines our level of rules depth. I have my limits, though, even as a hobbyist game designer, and I'll drop out if shit starts to give me a headache. I think one of the quintessential issues here is that Rayhawk's game is simply the best LEGO style game in existence for a lot of us. Despite itself, its clever and engaging. It's simple but complex enough to maintain interest in a large number of scenarios and its multigenre to boot. What I'm driving at is that if there is one game "on the market" that satisfies most or all of your gaming needs related to that type of game, all the competitors are poor by comparison (or if not poor, then more specific to certain wants), and you as a player have no time, energy, or desire to create your own whole rules system, then the easiest thing to do when you want to see a new feature or more depth (or less) is modify that one game.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Natalya » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 am

lorbaat wrote:
Natalya wrote:Let's try to keep this 2010, but most 2005 cards will still work. If you didn't include 2005 weapons cost into the total CP you should be fine.

Nope- straight 2010 rules.

Awesome, this will go in the application.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion