People are Sissies

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

People are Sissies

Postby Bragallot » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:10 pm

I've known this for a while now, but only become fully aware of this problem today, because: (impending example)

There was this football game where the fans were pretty pissed off and threw some smoke bombs on the pitch. No one was hit, no one was injured, in short, there was some smoke on the pitch and the game had to be put on hold for 6 minutes OH GOD.

You may or may not know, but in competitions like Serbia or Poland, where people aren't such sissies apparently, shit like this gets laughed at.

The result:

The media, and the 'social media' idiots are up in arms against the team (not the minority of fans!) asking for punishments, acting as if 38 people just died there. They're pretty much freaking out as much as the people in Egypt (rightfully) did when a lot of people actually died at a football game.

In a more general sense: What the fuck are we coming to? What wussies is modern society creating? A bit of smoke and everyone freaks out? How are people going to react when something actually dangerous happens? It's a good thing those losers don't live in Syria then.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Silent-sigfig wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:Colette, why have they all got soup stains on they're coats

One characteristic of nerds is lack of hygiene
Bragallot
Blockguy

Re: People are Sissies

Postby Colette » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Bragallot wrote:I've known this for a while now, but only become fully aware of this problem today, because: (impending example)

There was this football game where the fans were pretty pissed off and threw some smoke bombs on the pitch. No one was hit, no one was injured, in short, there was some smoke on the pitch and the game had to be put on hold for 6 minutes OH GOD.

You may or may not know, but in competitions like Serbia or Poland, where people aren't such sissies apparently, shit like this gets laughed at.

The result:

The media, and the 'social media' idiots are up in arms against the team (not the minority of fans!) asking for punishments, acting as if 38 people just died there. They're pretty much freaking out as much as the people in Egypt (rightfully) did when a lot of people actually died at a football game.

In a more general sense: What the fuck are we coming to? What wussies is modern society creating? A bit of smoke and everyone freaks out? How are people going to react when something actually dangerous happens? It's a good thing those losers don't live in Syria then.

One would have to admit that throwing smoke bombs isn't the most polite thing to do...

I think it depends on what exactly they were complaining about. I would be gravely concerned about security at the game as the smoke bomb could have just as easily been a real one or even like a tactical nuke but admittedly, the smoke bomb itself is nothing to get worried about.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Dude, it's football (soccer). Sneaking a suitcase nuke in would only mean that your team had the best riot ever and, therefore, wins at all football forever. Smoke bombs ain't shit. Where was this game?
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Tzan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Some place where they call soccer football.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Natalya » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:30 am

Tzan wrote:Some place where they call soccer football.

I declare you the winner of this thread.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Bragallot » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:22 am

Nope, IV wins once again because:

IVhorseman wrote:Dude, it's football (soccer). Sneaking a suitcase nuke in would only mean that your team had the best riot ever and, therefore, wins at all football forever.

This. While I wouldn't do this myself, it's not up to some privileged halfwits with a macbook to decide they should be the ones to judge hard-working laborers to which their team means more than they could ever realize or understand. Football is sometimes war. They're trying to kick the passion out of the game (one politician literally said 'ideally going to a football game should be like going to a theatre'), it's good to see not everyone has become zombies yet.

Smoke bombs ain't shit. Where was this game?

Belgium. The land where the football league is even more incompetent and corrupt as the politics. The game was Standard - Anderlecht
Silent-sigfig wrote:

Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Apollyon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:22 am

It's not about sissies it is about people being idiots. Football is a sports game and not war. The behaviour of the "ultras" is just a means of overcoming their inferiority complex. Last weekend here in Berlin a couple of such awesome-super-hardcore fans almost choked a fan of the opposing team to death with his own fan scarf. That fan suffered from Down-Syndrome. Go figure...
Hard-working labourers? Come on, this is Europe. The only hard working people are immigrants who'd get a severe beating for the crime of showing up at a football stadium instead of working their asses off while us big bellied drunkards enjoy ourselves.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
My Little Pony

Postby Bragallot » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 am

The example you gave is not what I'm talking about. I'll say it again, no one got hurt. Nor was that the intent.

Whether people are immigrants or not is irrelevant to this discussion. Violence is committed both against and by immigrants as well as none-immigrants, and we're not discussing violence. And because someone is worse off than you does not mean you can't react to the things that are bugging you. It's an irrelevant point you made really.

People are sissies. Just look at how easily panic breaks out and people actually get killed because of it.
Silent-sigfig wrote:

Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 am

Bragallot wrote:There was this football game where the fans were pretty pissed off and threw some smoke bombs on the pitch.

What does being pissed off have to do with smoke bombs? I only wish that I could get so pissed off that it made me suddenly have smoke bombs for no reason. Or did their anger inspire them to MacGuyver up smoke bombs out of beer, seat cushions, and a paper clip?

I think once somebody's made the decision to bring smoke bombs to one of these lawn prancing matches, those bombs are going to get thrown whether people are angry or not.

I didn't really believe people were such sissies until I heard somebody whining and crying because they were given an opportunity to not have to watch fucking soccer for six minutes.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Bragallot » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:31 am

Ignoring information... not getting it... changing the subject... drawing wrong conclusions... calling names... insulting stuff other people like... yep that's a stubby post alright.

It was a message from the fans to the management and the players because of anger that had been building up because of 2 years of bad management by a bunch of rich dicks who are running the club just to make money, not just what happened at the game itself, and guess what, it worked.

It's also not like it happens every year (at least, not in this competition).

If you act as shocked as if people just got killed because there was some smoke on the pitch, you're a sissy.

I could have predicted that no one was going to understand the real problem I'm pointing out, rather than what happened at the game though, so I'll define it -> we're not used to anything anymore, which makes us all weak. This will be a problem when we're faced with actual problems once again.

One thing I've noticed about immigrants, since someone brought them up anyway, is that many of them seem to be far more fit and don't scare as easily as us Western sissies.

This also isn't about whether it's 'right' or not to throw smoke bombs onto a pitch, it's about exaggerated reactions and how society is turning large amounts of the populace into mindless sheep that roll over in fright at the slightest sight of 'danger'.
Silent-sigfig wrote:

Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:50 am

Bragallot wrote:Ignoring information... not getting it... changing the subject... drawing wrong conclusions... calling names... insulting stuff other people like... yep that's a stubby post alright.

Thinking everybody's "not getting it" when everybody gets it just fine, they just couldn't possibly give a crap... typical Brag post. I don't think everybody is nearly as stupid as you think they are.

What I do think is that I'm not the only one who's figured out that you always jump to that conclusion - "if they don't instantly agree with me then it must be because they're stupid" - and now we can't resist doing it just to troll you. More than anyone else on this forum, you can't handle it when people don't take you seriously, and it's kind of hilarious.

The truth is, though, regardless of the strength of your position, if you can't handle people making fun of it then it makes it look like your position is weak. So even if this was the kind of place where serious positions were taken seriously, I don't think you'll ever have much luck unless you can learn to take heckling in stride.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Zahru II » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:53 am

Of course the team gets punished when the fans pull off stupid crap. That's a way more severe punishment, and it generally forces the supporters to weed out the bad apples.

As for the rest of the discussion: :omnom:

Spoiler: show
... although a tarren-level picdumb of actual sissies would turn this thread solid gold, but I ain't risking getting banned for stupid crap.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Tzan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Zahru II wrote:... although a tarren-level picdumb of actual sissies would turn this thread solid gold, but I ain't risking getting banned for stupid crap.

Sissy.
Brag was right.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Tzan wins
stubby
forum janitor

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Bragallot wrote:It's not up to some privileged halfwits with a macbook to decide they should be the ones to judge hard-working laborers to which their team means more than they could ever realize or understand.

Wait, what the fuck do laborers and macbooks have to do with anything?

Can I un-win this thread? I don't really want anything to do with it anymore.
EDIT: Oh good, Tzan did it for me. Thanks!
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Next

Return to General Discussion