It's funny how people say Swedish movies are awesome when most everyone in Sweden agrees that Swedish movies suck. Probably because all our shit movies never make it out of the country. Be glad you never get to see our Göta Kanal sequels, our numerous endless cop movie series, our attempts at comedy...
Låt Den Rätte Komma In (Let The Right One In/Let Me In) should be on any list of awesome Swedish movies however. Even the American remake is pretty good.
As for my top 3 movies... it's tough. Hard to compare, say, Life of Brian with, say, Inception. So I'm going to make a whole bunch of lists.
TOP 3 SHITTY SWEDISH MOVIES
3. Jönssonligan på Mallorca (The Jönsson Gang at Mallorca)
2. Mitt liv som hund (My life as dog)
1. Åsa-Nisse: Wälkom to Knohult (Åsa-Nisse: Welcome to Knohult)
TOP 3 ACTUALLY GOOD SWEDISH MOVIES
3. Ronja Rövardotter (Ronja the Robber's Daughter)
2. Låt Den Rätte Komma In (Let The Right One In/Let Me In)
1. Masjävlar (untranslatable, roughly means Valleyfuckers)
TOP 3 ANGSTY EUROPEAN MOVIES
3. Les parapluies de Cherbourg (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg)
2. La Haine (The Hatred)
1. Ladri di Biciclette (Bicycle Thieves)
TOP 3 MOVIES WHERE SHIT BLOWS UP IN SPACE
3. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
2. Starship Troopers
TOP 3 MOVIES I SAW TOO RECENTLY TO FORM AN UNBIASED OPINION ON
2. Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.