Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:22 am

Looks like we had the same idea.

I uploaded mine before checking.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Re: BrikWiki

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:00 pm

Killed a bunch of Redlinks.

Added our new Tek template to the Heroic Items and Artifax.
Added RAGE to the Artifax.

Subsequently added Hellius and The Metal Warriors, finally.
Kind of started the Metal page in Philosophy with BFenix's Metal Intro from the old wiki but I haven't done anything with it yet.
Whole process added some new Redlinks.

Wrote a Monster entry in the Bestiary, as a catch-all.

Wrote an Urban Classes section in Battlescapes so we'd have a place to direct the City stuff. Thinking I might add a rural section, but I'm not sure.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Initially working outward from BR 2010, I started filling out and transferring factions. Factions and Forces is now Blue. Some of them need their sidebars filled in. I still have a couple of my own on which I need to work. Though I have added standards to all of them now, I think.

Locations is also almost completely filled out. I still need to write The Hill and Four Rums. I've got to work up to those. I'm good at bullshitting but I've got to build up a head full of steam first.

Transferred a couple of character pages in all that as well. For a minute, I considered creating a Character category but ultimately decided against it. I find that I like describing my factions characters within the faction page itself. A la:
http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=Order_of_Automatic_Binding
Some characters are universal:
http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manly_Fuckin%27_Santa
And still others may have their own pages, perhaps because though they belong to a specific faction, they might be mentioned in several articles. SigFigs are a special example of this.
Point is, Characters are all over the place, presented in multiple ways. If I started making a list, it'd be a sad and incomplete thing full of Redlinks that would never, ever get filled in.

Kudos to Scythe and to whoever put together the Crystalline stuff. I found them very easy to transfer over.

Also kudos to Kaplan for adding his M-Throne Titan Gauss Tank to Floaters. I was just looking at that section (all of the hovers, really) and noting forlornly how empty they were. Also also, your Location pages are really well executed.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:36 pm

I think all the Locations have sidebars now. I filled some of them in based on whatever information was available. I added Krysto Region to the Locations list but I know nothing about it aside from the fact that it plays host to the IceWorlds. That may be enough for me to construct a beginning article, though. In the process of doing this, I restructured and cleaned up some of the articles.

I ended up adding the POCKET transport to the space vehicles because I saw it somewhere else. I don't remember where. But its there now, under the mythitek.

I did end up adding a listing of Rural Classes to Battlescapes. Couple of other entries in there as well to keep up with the type keywords I found being used in the Locations articles (sidebars).

Also, for the lulz:
http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cheatos_Dust
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:47 pm

I filled in Krysto Region and "moved" the Ice Fields of Skadus there instead of Nehellenium. Fits better, I should think.

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=Krysto_Region

I also went and made a bunch of worlds for the locations sidebars in LDD for the hell of it. Some of them are ok.

Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
Arkeais, Charybdia, Crystalline, Ekvestria,
Fantoria, Fico, Hellius, IceWorld,
Orbis Kathan, Planet Mu, Setania, Vesuvius
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Nimja » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:35 am

Quantumsurfer wrote:I filled in Krysto Region and "moved" the Ice Fields of Skadus there instead of Nehellenium. Fits better, I should think.

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=Krysto_Region

I also went and made a bunch of worlds for the locations sidebars in LDD for the hell of it. Some of them are ok.

Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
Arkeais, Charybdia, Crystalline, Ekvestria,
Fantoria, Fico, Hellius, IceWorld,
Orbis Kathan, Planet Mu, Setania, Vesuvius

I like crystalline.
Arkeais? Someones been reading too much Dune(and by that I mean anything that isn't the first book of prequels)
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:17 am

That's Arrakis. And it's a desert world. Kinda different. I like Dune, though. Well, some of it.

I like the idea behind Crystalline. I wonder if I should have put more lightning on it, though. Arkeais and Hellius are my two favorite, visually. Charybdia and Setania are the two worst, in my opinion.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Falk » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:29 am

Wow, those are really nice. Could you upload the template or post the link that you got it from?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:32 pm

Thank you. As it turns out, I'm not a member of the old wiki. I have to be approved or something. Once that happens, I'd be happy to.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby stubby » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:Thank you. As it turns out, I'm not a member of the old wiki. I have to be approved or something. Once that happens, I'd be happy to.

Whoops! Good thing you said something, I wasn't able to log into the old wiki yesterday and then forgot about it completely. You should be approved now.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:52 pm

Great, thank you.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Thank god for Colette. We now have the LDD big hitters up in the Space Tek galleries.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Ha, jesus, my new title. I see I've lived up to the spirit of the Rekonstruktion.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Colette » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:Ha, jesus, my new title. I see I've lived up to the spirit of the Rekonstruktion.

It's funny that the vast majority of the forums now has default titles instead of custom ones. I for one personally welcome "Clown-Face Bologna".
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion