BrikWiki

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: BrikWiki

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:29 pm

The only changeless state is that of change itself. And disinterested forum members.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Scratch » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:01 pm

So this is the thread where every post gets you a rank?
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Dimmy

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:07 pm

Doubt it. But if you say something funny, it might still class the joint up.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Maverick » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:13 am

Something funny
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Spoiler: show
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Postby Kalvinator » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Maverick wrote:Something funny

You already have one, some of us are in need of one still.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby Quantumsurfer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:51 am

So I moved all the notable items out of Materials and Phenomena and added them to the Heroic Items section of Teknology. Better fit. The Nine was already in Tek under Artifax and Portals was already in Tek in the Vehicles and Machines table. I went ahead and gave them all sidebar pictures as well. I totally stole the teleportation effect idea from Semaj because it's completely bitchin. The diorama took me longer than I wanted to build though. And I finally got around to writing the Fetters article. Its nothing special, though.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Kaplan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:52 pm

I have uploaded pictures for the OTC few days ago.
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Hey Bros, heard you like Community portal.

Also shuffled some stuff around. Piltogg, I moved your Akkadian Empire of Ultra-Badassery to just Akkadian Empire like you wanted. I think I did that right.

Finally wrote Sons of Mim. Slowly, I'll fill in my other factions. And, you know, get off my ass and do some BRs with them.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby piltogg » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:17 pm

uploaded a bunch of stat cards and pictures.
Fixed a bunch of links and otherwise tried to get blank pages unblank.

There are some cards for the knights kingdom (rainbow knights), that if we would like to keep around should get updated to Brikverse nomenclature to avoid copyright issues.

I.E. Rascus = IVacus
Jayko = Rayho
ect. See mike's Rainbow War threads for others.

I do not have the requisite photoshop skills to accomplish this.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:18 pm

Fantastic! Well done.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:16 am

Look at Piltogg go. http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=Theology_and_Philosophy is in a better place now.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby piltogg » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:45 pm

So, it seems to me, that the whole inhabitants of the universe section and all afiliated pages are pretty much worthless.

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... _of_Renown

I mean..the majority of these pages are blank and don't really relate to anything or provide any interesting or pertinant information. I think maybe if we wanted to have a page like this, it would be better to just have a list of players, and then a short description of them, and links to pages of armies they control; then those armies would have links to battles theyv'e been in.

Also; distinguishing between "Brikwariors" and "legends" seems pretty eliteist and we shouldn't do that. Just list all players who we know/care about in alphabetical order.

I can get this done, but wanted to make sure that we are on the same page about it first.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Zupponn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:24 pm

My page isn't blank. :)

Also, I noticed the page Kraan, the Black Empire. All the minifigs of this empire need to be brown skinned.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Quantumsurfer » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:46 pm

piltogg wrote:So, it seems to me, that the whole inhabitants of the universe section and all afiliated pages are pretty much worthless.

I tend to agree. I've never really liked the category. Most of it is empty and most of it will remain empty for all time. Originally, I think the thought might have been to let players fill in their profiles at their leisure. But in a lot of cases, that's never going to happen, even among still active community participants. There are some profiles that are filled out, though, so I don't know what to do about that exactly.
Zupponn wrote:My page isn't blank.

I also tend to think of Zahru.
Also, there is a lot of confusion about Characters versus Players. Which may be partially my fault for trying to define SigFigs as being "avatars of players" when really, they're just important characters who sometimes share a name with their player.

piltogg wrote:Also; distinguishing between "Brikwariors" and "legends" seems pretty eliteist and we shouldn't do that. Just list all players who we know/care about in alphabetical order.

I am in complete agreement with this. Never sat well with me. I'm all for information up front. You can see in all the introductory stuff I've written that I care more for transparency than that old mystical self important bullshit where we hide information and only the cool, smart people get to see it as a reward for being cool and smart. That said, though, this whole page reeks of self importance as it is. Some folks deserve the recognition, of course, but still. I should think that their awesomeness will be revealed to newcomers as they encounter all the stuff that person did without shoving it down their throats. I'm almost more inclined to treat this category like a Character Page only. I fear that trying to list all the active players is madness and that trying to list all the "important" ones is just as elitist as what currently exists.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:58 pm

Oh, Factions and Forces is way off. I'll fix it though.

edit: Fixed. There are more places than Nehellenium and Medivo, so I returned things to Dominions and Empires and Organizations and Civilizations. I combined the last two, though, because it does create a more compact presentation. All the factions are in the appropriate places based on this schema. At least, I don't think any more need to move from D&E to O&C or Bloodlines. Scratch, after I fixed it, I made sure to put your Space Mafia back in Dominions and Empires. Piltogg, I really liked the presentation of player created and generic factions, so we kept that and much of what you wrote. Especially the bit about Elder Civs, which are now called out special under Generics as the ultimate generic armies. I also went ahead and made special note how everything was Open Sores Material, though BrikWarriors were typically respectful of one another's creative domains. Between us, I think we've made a better page here.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion