BrikWiki

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Re: BrikWiki

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:47 am

And Inhabitants of the Universe is fixed. Now we can use it as a Character page. I'm going to move all the Humans who still have profile pages on the wiki to the Human page. Anyone who wants to create one can just go there and add their name to the list of example humans. Otherwise, a "list of BrikWarriors" can be found by creating a forum account and taking a gander at the Members. Simple.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby piltogg » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:10 am

Yes this is good.

I felt that the way I had the factions page was a little awkward still, but the changes you've made are definitely an improvement! I feel like there's still something missing, for example, grouping similar factions: "underworld", "third alliance", "Immortal Alliance", "medivo", ECT. Or possibly, listing out the groupings, but keeping these as is. That one probably needs some thought before implementation however. Some of the wording on this page feels a little too "legal terms" rather than "game terms", which is something we should strive to improve on over time as well.

Inhabitants looks good! Vast improvement over the previous. And yes, transfering players over to charecters would be a good idea for anybody who had something significant written.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:44 am

piltogg wrote:I feel like there's still something missing, for example, grouping similar factions: "underworld", "third alliance", "Immortal Alliance", "medivo", ECT.

This is a good idea. Hm. Maybe a category on the Factions page for groups or alliances or whatever that lists out the actual groups as you have them here. Then, each gets its own page that talks about the alliance and lists out everyone involved. I'll give the rest some thought.

The Humans are transferred now. I gave some folks a short description. To anyone, if its yours and it isn't right, go ahead and change it. If its someone elses and you know it isn't right, feel free. Also, some are still blank.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:56 am

The better organized Factions and Forces got me thinking about top level concepts that tie things together so everything doesn't look quite so disparate. Which is neat. So I expanded BrikFiction. I kept all the literature in its own section but added a Storylines section to the top for stories that tie parts from many categories together.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:03 am

The Four Rums is up. I managed to keep both the Four Rums and the Far-Ums in play, to satisfy both camps. Even tied them tenuously together. Enjoy.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Silverdream » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:13 am

I worked as a janitor in Rody's bar. I would have evidence, but the King of the Hill thread was cancelled. I think that we should retkon my janitorial services and replace me with stubby.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:24 am

If that's what you want. Your will is my command.

Edit: Spose you still can. The thread is gone IRL, but the in-universe bar is always there and always open.

As a side note: The more I think on it, the more I think that the Four Rums is a much closer parody of the forums. The parallels run deeper. Still like the Far-Ums Network, mind. Provides an alternate storytelling medium. Can't help but think of things like New York being broadcast over a FU News Network.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Colette » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:22 pm

I didn't know where to put this, so I decided to give it to Quantum for processing. It's a distilled "SparkNotes" summary of galactic events for new members, since the wiki still seems a little woefully inadequate for that purpose.

Brikwars Lore Primer wrote:Many years ago, the Immortal Empire invaded the Gamma Corps homeworld, Fico, thus sparking the Immortal War. Alliances formed, with the trade-heavy Britannian League allying with the Immortals while the Assyrian Star Empire and the USA joined forces with the Great Scythian Empire, the ringleader of an Anti-Immortal Alliance, and other smaller nations chose sides as well. Thanks to their efforts, the Immortal War has slowed greatly and the main frontlines have been contained to superpower borders for now (read Scythe’s stories for more on this).

This brings us to the Third Alliance (TA), founded by the Bavarian kaiser Otto the Rebuilder and backed by the disgruntled formerly-immortal Akkadian Empire. This pro-German alliance sought their own path in the brikverse independent of the two established sides, seeking renewed German nationalism and conquest of the brikverse. Around this time, Trattoria began revitalizing interest in the Allied Nations (AN).

Rogue elements within the Avalonian Empire sent out counterfeit diplomatic communiqués which resulted in the exodus of many TA nations from the AN, prompting several fervent AN-supporters such as Trattoria, Praetoria, and the MASS to declare war on the TA. A coup in Trattoria overthrew the president and installed pro-TA dictator Siri, causing the AN to lose one of its main troop and navy suppliers. They fought many battles, but ultimately the AN lost when the planet New York was taken in a surprise blitzkrieg launched by the TA.

Months later, the Praetorian Empire had constructed the then-largest ever dreadnought, the Inexorable, and launched an offensive to retake New York. The USA and Scythia also united against the TA, and fought the Second Battle of New York. The TA deployed the Angel Sahaquiel, but still lost due to being heavily outnumbered and outgunned. The AN-TA war began again, and Trattoria regained a pro-AN, democratic president after the assassination of Siri, thus strengthening the neu-AN forces. Now the neu-AN forces are gathering to launch an assault on Bavaria’s homeworld, thus subjugating the empire and silencing the last active backer of the TA.
Lego Company wrote:...At the same time, the purpose is for the LEGO brand not to be associated with issues that glorify conflicts and unethical or harmful behavior...

:belushi:
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:06 am

Fantastic. I'll look into it soon.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby stubby » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:08 am

Colette wrote:I didn't know where to put this, so I decided to give it to Quantum for processing. It's a distilled "SparkNotes" summary of galactic events for new members, since the wiki still seems a little woefully inadequate for that purpose.

I like what Piltogg did with the Third Alliance entry, it seems to cover a lot of this stuff in an engaging way. Really I think what new members need to get excited is a highlights reel of who the factions are and what they look like, before focusing on a list of events they were involved in.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Colette » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:25 am

On another note, in the course of making a diagram for an SOB, I realized I had accidentally created a map of the Nehellium galaxy. Granted, it's edge-on, but not entirely useless since galaxies are 3D. So this is useful for approximate locations, and maybe as a representation of Nehellium on some wiki pages.

EDIT: Link to original-size with clear labels (since the forum won't let me post it): http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5509/1258 ... 85e4_o.png
Last edited by Colette on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lego Company wrote:...At the same time, the purpose is for the LEGO brand not to be associated with issues that glorify conflicts and unethical or harmful behavior...

:belushi:
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Nimja » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:25 am

Colette wrote:I didn't know where to put this, so I decided to give it to Quantum for processing. It's a distilled "SparkNotes" summary of galactic events for new members, since the wiki still seems a little woefully inadequate for that purpose.

Brikwars Lore Primer wrote:Many years ago, the Immortal Empire invaded the Gamma Corps homeworld, Fico, thus sparking the Immortal War. Alliances formed, with the trade-heavy Britannian League allying with the Immortals while the Assyrian Star Empire and the USA joined forces with the Great Scythian Empire, the ringleader of an Anti-Immortal Alliance, and other smaller nations chose sides as well. Thanks to their efforts, the Immortal War has slowed greatly and the main frontlines have been contained to superpower borders for now (read Scythe’s stories for more on this).

This brings us to the Third Alliance (TA), founded by the Bavarian kaiser Otto the Rebuilder and backed by the disgruntled formerly-immortal Akkadian Empire. This pro-German alliance sought their own path in the brikverse independent of the two established sides, seeking renewed German nationalism and conquest of the brikverse. Around this time, Trattoria began revitalizing interest in the Allied Nations (AN).

Rogue elements within the Avalonian Empire sent out counterfeit diplomatic communiqués which resulted in the exodus of many TA nations from the AN, prompting several fervent AN-supporters such as Trattoria, Praetoria, and the MASS to declare war on the TA. A coup in Trattoria overthrew the president and installed pro-TA dictator Siri, causing the AN to lose one of its main troop and navy suppliers. They fought many battles, but ultimately the AN lost when the planet New York was taken in a surprise blitzkrieg launched by the TA.

Months later, the Praetorian Empire had constructed the then-largest ever dreadnought, the Inexorable, and launched an offensive to retake New York. The USA and Scythia also united against the TA, and fought the Second Battle of New York. The TA deployed the Angel Sahaquiel, but still lost due to being heavily outnumbered and outgunned. The AN-TA war began again, and Trattoria regained a pro-AN, democratic president after the assassination of Siri, thus strengthening the neu-AN forces. Now the neu-AN forces are gathering to launch an assault on Bavaria’s homeworld, thus subjugating the empire and silencing the last active backer of the TA.

I like it, but there are waaaay to many acronyms in the last paragraph.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

The Empryan colonies!
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Postby piltogg » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:47 am

It seems to me, that a good way to do history in a way that would be enticing to new players would be this;

*list out all of the battle reports in the BR pages, preferably with short descriptions of who was involved and what happened, as I've been compiling earlier last week. This is more of a "human" timeline than a "brikverse" timeline.

*Create a page linking to "Legendary battles" , link to wiki pages for battles that were so cool or otherwise important that someone's been assed to make a wiki page for them.

*Link all battles relevant to a story-arc into that arc's page, in chronological order. Make sure it is not necessary to actually read through the old threads because we've got all the awesome pictures and fluff text on the wiki all nice and pretty for you.

*add in storyarcs for other things as well; e.g. all of the medivo related stuff I do not read, NELUG's early storyarcs related to the misadventures of Shaun's Piltogg's. Fryslayer's story related to the lion knights defending their territory. ect. ect. Anything really that has three or more battles in a line and we care enough about to list it out.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Quantumsurfer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:46 am

I added a top level storylines bit to BrikFiction a little while ago. And you've been doing a helluva job compiling BRs and Forum Battles. Maybe if we directed folks there specifically from the main page I wrote a couple of weeks ago. It was intended to be a primer on BW, after all.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Vami IV » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:05 pm

I request permission to make a page for my faction, the Emerian Star Empire and United Commonwealths (Emerian Empire).
MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM - 2012
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami_IV
Shut up. I feel like a winner anyway.
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.
Vami IV
Dimmy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion