The Lego Movie

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Maverick » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:36 am

Zupponn wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Battlegrinder wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:"ARGH! First rule of the sea matey! Never place yon rear end on a pirates face!"

Mike, I must know - are there any other rules of the sea we don't know about?

I feel these should be added to the Brikwars rules. For reasons.

According to TV tropes, the other rules include:
"Never put ye hand in a clam's mouth"
"Always abandon a lost cause"
"Never release a Kraken"
"Never wear a dress on Tuesday"

Why are you suddenly talking about pyrate rules?

Why arrrrr you not talking about pirate rules?

Because i do not now the reason to talk about pyrate rules.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Spoiler: show
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
User avatar
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Natalya » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:26 pm

Zupponn wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Battlegrinder wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:"ARGH! First rule of the sea matey! Never place yon rear end on a pirates face!"

Mike, I must know - are there any other rules of the sea we don't know about?

I feel these should be added to the Brikwars rules. For reasons.

According to TV tropes, the other rules include:
"Never put ye hand in a clam's mouth"
"Always abandon a lost cause"
"Never release a Kraken"
"Never wear a dress on Tuesday"

Why are you suddenly talking about pyrate rules?

Why arrrrr you not talking about pirate rules?

:boss:
Image
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"


Image
User avatar
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
 
Posts: 5359
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Now in Ontario

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Natalya » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Watched it again yesterday. No girls talk to any other girls. Unikitty says "Wild Style look, the citizens are fighting back," but Wild Style never responds.
Image
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"


Image
User avatar
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
 
Posts: 5359
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Now in Ontario

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:16 pm

I must test this claim. For I think yee may be right.
Image

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show
Image

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
User avatar
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:22 am
Location: Lampeter, Wales

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:06 pm

Natalya wrote:Watched it again yesterday. No girls talk to any other girls. Unikitty says "Wild Style look, the citizens are fighting back," but Wild Style never responds.


Saw a claim that Unikitty was never sexed beyond the whole "made of pink" thing. Otherwise, yeah, the Lego Movie fails Bechdel. Save the world, get the girl...
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Arkbrik » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:49 pm

"You just said the word 'no' like ten thousand times!"
"There's also no consistency!"
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
User avatar
Arkbrik
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Sweden

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby samuelzz10 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Otherwise, yeah, the Lego Movie fails Bechdel. Save the world, get the girl...

I don't want to look like a sexist asshole, but does it really matter?

EDIT: not to mention, Wildstyle does way more awesome stuff than most other characters during the course of the film, she isn't a damsel or anything.
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Silverdream » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:
Natalya wrote:Watched it again yesterday. No girls talk to any other girls. Unikitty says "Wild Style look, the citizens are fighting back," but Wild Style never responds.


Saw a claim that Unikitty was never sexed beyond the whole "made of pink" thing. Otherwise, yeah, the Lego Movie fails Bechdel. Save the world, get the girl...


But all cults are girls.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:29 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Ross_Varn wrote:Otherwise, yeah, the Lego Movie fails Bechdel. Save the world, get the girl...

I don't want to look like a sexist asshole, but does it really matter?

EDIT: not to mention, Wildstyle does way more awesome stuff than most other characters during the course of the film, she isn't a damsel or anything.

I'll make this short:

Yes. It matters.

Wildstyle's cool. She still falls to basic tropes of the entertainment industry, and that's okay. It can just stand to be recognized.

silva, I totally didn't parse the last part of Unikitty's name until just now, thanks

Also, I was just digging around in the old rulebooks for Brikwars, and guess what I found:

Brikwars 1998 wrote:SpaceMenials have no SpaceArmor, they just run around in OverAlls and a BaseballCap or HardHat, in the color of their Civilization. If you have any old minifig heads whose faces have rubbed off, and you had to draw new faces with a Sharpee pen, and you slipped a little and the new faces look retarded, then those make the best SpaceMenial heads.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Silverdream » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 pm

I can't believe you don't watch Community.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Natalya » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Arkbrik wrote:"You just said the word 'no' like ten thousand times!"
"There's also no consistency!"


Oh fuck I forgot about that. Well, there you go, but still that kinda sucks.
Image
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"


Image
User avatar
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
 
Posts: 5359
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Now in Ontario

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Battlegrinder » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 pm

It does fail the Bechdel test, but I think it passes the Mako Mori Test (a newer test that focus on plot structure over conversation). I wasn't thinking of it at the time, but I believe that Wyldstyle does have a narrative arc that doesn't focus on Emmett.
Image

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
User avatar
Battlegrinder
Dimmy
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:52 pm
Location: Quincy, Illinois

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Oh, good heavens. The credits were 100% stop-motion. I was so used to the movie's aesthetic by that point that I didn't notice...
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Tzan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:32 pm

I noticed.

I was surprised to see people walk out, it was awesome.
User avatar
Tzan
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5032
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby The Shadowscythe » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:21 am

Everything is awesome.
Image

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show
Image

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
User avatar
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:22 am
Location: Lampeter, Wales

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Duerer, Silverdream and 4 guests