The Lego Movie

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Battlegrinder » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:31 pm

loafofcheese wrote:Wasn't showing at my local theatre, i was watching "The Book Thief" on Wednesday and the only other film they had was robocop.

What is with the recent trend of remaking 80s movies? Is Hollywood completely out of original ideas?

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:
loafofcheese wrote:Wasn't showing at my local theatre, i was watching "The Book Thief" on Wednesday and the only other film they had was robocop.

What is with the recent trend of remaking 80s movies? Is Hollywood completely out of original ideas?

Hollywood never had any ideas they just didn't get shit about it in the 80's because there were no movies to compare each other to.
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby Nimja » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:28 am

Zahru II wrote:
Nimja wrote:It's not in Britain yet! Damn it!

That can't be true, my buddy in Yorkshire has already saw it in a local cinema.

Ok, It came out in Britian about 2 hours before I posted this. And I live in Scotland which gets everything late, except incompetent, singleminded MPs, and GTA.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Postby Battlegrinder » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:34 pm

I'm in the theatre waiting for it to start, praying I don't end up stuck in here with hordes of hyperactive little kids.

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:I'm in the theatre waiting for it to start, praying I don't end up stuck in here with hordes of hyperactive little kids.

It can't be worse than a 5 year old kicking the back of your seat the wholr movie.

BTW
The movie was amazing. The only thing I didn't like was
Spoiler: show
A few things in the movie felt meme influenced, for example, I don't think the unikitty would've been in the movie if MLP wasn't a big thing right now.

FUN FACT: the guitarist for DEVO made the soundtrack
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:03 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:FUN FACT: the guitarist for DEVO made the soundtrack

I thought Everything is Awesome was done by the Lonely Island and Tegan & Sara.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Silverdream wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:FUN FACT: the guitarist for DEVO made the soundtrack

I thought Everything is Awesome was done by the Lonely Island and Tegan & Sara.

I think that's the exception, unless he produced that track.
The guy's name is Mark Mothersbaugh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lego_Movie#Soundtrack
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby stubby » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:14 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:The movie was amazing. The only thing I didn't like was
A few things in the movie felt meme influenced, for example, I don't think the unikitty would've been in the movie if MLP wasn't a big thing right now.

Nope. The guy who forced unikitty into the movie has been obsessed with MLP for much loger than MLP has been a big thing. He was already a crazy G1 MLP nut when I first met him, which would have been '03 or '04. Still is.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Theblackdog » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Does that make it bad, though? It's nice that LEGO even acknowledges you can build things besides :666: construction and war machines. Even if we don't.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Silverdream » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:44 pm

I thought Unikitty was hilarious personally.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Whiteagle » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:02 pm

stubby wrote:

Nope. The guy who forced unikitty into the movie has been obsessed with MLP for much loger than MLP has been a big thing. He was already a crazy G1 MLP nut when I first met him, which would have been '03 or '04. Still is.

So who do you think put Benny in?
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Timedude » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:03 pm

stubby wrote:

So Mike, did you consult in some form on the movie? Or can you say?
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:
Timedude
Cannon Fodder

Postby stubby » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:09 am

Not super directly. Animal Logic would call sometimes while I was still on Lego Universe, and we talked about different ways to do Lego concepting and scene composition and that kind of stuff, but nothing serious enough that I'd bill them for it or anything. And I've been friends for a decade or more with a lot of people who ended up being involved with the film production, both from the Lego corporate and AFOL side, so there was some secondhand influence for sure. They were looking at my stuff for inspiration at different times during development, but I don't know how much.

There aren't any ideas in there that were specifically mine, if that's what you're asking.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:24 am

stubby wrote:Not super directly. Animal Logic would call sometimes while I was still on Lego Universe, and we talked about different ways to do Lego concepting and scene composition and that kind of stuff, but nothing serious enough that I'd bill them for it or anything. And I've been friends for a decade or more with a lot of people who ended up being involved with the film production, both from the Lego corporate and AFOL side, so there was some secondhand influence for sure. They were looking at my stuff for inspiration at different times during development, but I don't know how much.

There aren't any ideas in there that were specifically mine, if that's what you're asking.

Do people in the graphic design field randomly gravitate towards each other and create an awesome creative hive-mind mesh?
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby stubby » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:14 am

samuelzz10 wrote:Do people in the graphic design field randomly gravitate towards each other and create an awesome creative hive-mind mesh?

Yes. This is true in any specialized field; everybody knows everybody. So whatever field you happen to be in, think twice before pissing off other people in your network.
stubby
forum janitor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion