The Lego Movie

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Battlegrinder » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:31 pm

loafofcheese wrote:Wasn't showing at my local theatre, i was watching "The Book Thief" on Wednesday and the only other film they had was robocop.


What is with the recent trend of remaking 80s movies? Is Hollywood completely out of original ideas?
Image

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
User avatar
Battlegrinder
Dimmy
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:52 pm
Location: Limbo

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:
loafofcheese wrote:Wasn't showing at my local theatre, i was watching "The Book Thief" on Wednesday and the only other film they had was robocop.


What is with the recent trend of remaking 80s movies? Is Hollywood completely out of original ideas?

Hollywood never had any ideas they just didn't get shit about it in the 80's because there were no movies to compare each other to.
User avatar
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Nimja » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:28 am

Zahru II wrote:
Nimja wrote:It's not in Britain yet! Damn it!


That can't be true, my buddy in Yorkshire has already saw it in a local cinema.

Ok, It came out in Britian about 2 hours before I posted this. And I live in Scotland which gets everything late, except incompetent, singleminded MPs, and GTA.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
User avatar
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:48 pm
Location: Location,Location

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Battlegrinder » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:34 pm

I'm in the theatre waiting for it to start, praying I don't end up stuck in here with hordes of hyperactive little kids.
Image

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
User avatar
Battlegrinder
Dimmy
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:52 pm
Location: Limbo

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:I'm in the theatre waiting for it to start, praying I don't end up stuck in here with hordes of hyperactive little kids.

It can't be worse than a 5 year old kicking the back of your seat the wholr movie.

BTW
The movie was amazing. The only thing I didn't like was
Spoiler: show
A few things in the movie felt meme influenced, for example, I don't think the unikitty would've been in the movie if MLP wasn't a big thing right now.

FUN FACT: the guitarist for DEVO made the soundtrack
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
Image
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Silverdream » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:03 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:FUN FACT: the guitarist for DEVO made the soundtrack


I thought Everything is Awesome was done by the Lonely Island and Tegan & Sara.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7463
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Silverdream wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:FUN FACT: the guitarist for DEVO made the soundtrack


I thought Everything is Awesome was done by the Lonely Island and Tegan & Sara.

I think that's the exception, unless he produced that track.
The guy's name is Mark Mothersbaugh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lego_Movie#Soundtrack
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
Image
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby stubby » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:14 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:The movie was amazing. The only thing I didn't like was
Spoiler: show
A few things in the movie felt meme influenced, for example, I don't think the unikitty would've been in the movie if MLP wasn't a big thing right now.

Nope. The guy who forced unikitty into the movie has been obsessed with MLP for much loger than MLP has been a big thing. He was already a crazy G1 MLP nut when I first met him, which would have been '03 or '04. Still is.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Theblackdog » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Does that make it bad, though? It's nice that LEGO even acknowledges you can build things besides :666: construction and war machines. Even if we don't.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Image
User avatar
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Silverdream » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:44 pm

I thought Unikitty was hilarious personally.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7463
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Whiteagle » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:02 pm

stubby wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:The movie was amazing. The only thing I didn't like was
Spoiler: show
A few things in the movie felt meme influenced, for example, I don't think the unikitty would've been in the movie if MLP wasn't a big thing right now.

Nope. The guy who forced unikitty into the movie has been obsessed with MLP for much loger than MLP has been a big thing. He was already a crazy G1 MLP nut when I first met him, which would have been '03 or '04. Still is.

So who do you think put Benny in?
User avatar
Whiteagle
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Timedude » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:03 pm

stubby wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:The movie was amazing. The only thing I didn't like was
Spoiler: show
A few things in the movie felt meme influenced, for example, I don't think the unikitty would've been in the movie if MLP wasn't a big thing right now.

Nope. The guy who forced unikitty into the movie has been obsessed with MLP for much loger than MLP has been a big thing. He was already a crazy G1 MLP nut when I first met him, which would have been '03 or '04. Still is.


So Mike, did you consult in some form on the movie? Or can you say?
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:
User avatar
Timedude
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby stubby » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:09 am

Not super directly. Animal Logic would call sometimes while I was still on Lego Universe, and we talked about different ways to do Lego concepting and scene composition and that kind of stuff, but nothing serious enough that I'd bill them for it or anything. And I've been friends for a decade or more with a lot of people who ended up being involved with the film production, both from the Lego corporate and AFOL side, so there was some secondhand influence for sure. They were looking at my stuff for inspiration at different times during development, but I don't know how much.

There aren't any ideas in there that were specifically mine, if that's what you're asking.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:24 am

stubby wrote:Not super directly. Animal Logic would call sometimes while I was still on Lego Universe, and we talked about different ways to do Lego concepting and scene composition and that kind of stuff, but nothing serious enough that I'd bill them for it or anything. And I've been friends for a decade or more with a lot of people who ended up being involved with the film production, both from the Lego corporate and AFOL side, so there was some secondhand influence for sure. They were looking at my stuff for inspiration at different times during development, but I don't know how much.

There aren't any ideas in there that were specifically mine, if that's what you're asking.

Do people in the graphic design field randomly gravitate towards each other and create an awesome creative hive-mind mesh?
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
Image
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby stubby » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:14 am

samuelzz10 wrote:Do people in the graphic design field randomly gravitate towards each other and create an awesome creative hive-mind mesh?

Yes. This is true in any specialized field; everybody knows everybody. So whatever field you happen to be in, think twice before pissing off other people in your network.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest