Anime

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: Anime Thread

Postby ikensall » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:19 pm

I'll keep an eye out for the film then, (although I think I'll skip all the "girls und swimsuit" content :warhead: ).
User avatar
ikensall
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:09 am
Location: England

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 pm

For Scythe:

http://www.crunchyroll.ca/puella-magi-m ... ing-591735

Also, I'll watch the first two episodes of Dominion Tank Police.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7565
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Kalvinator » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:17 pm

Since I've left the forum I've watched FMA and am halfway through Attack on Titan. I've seen an episode of Kill la Kill and No Game No Life. I'm also planning on watching Black Lagoon...my girlfriend loves anime...
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Theblackdog » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Agc2 ... 2dNgYYXvEQ

The AoT dub is slightly better than I expected.

Yeah, Eren still sounds like Dark Knight!Batman, and Kid Eren's voice sounds like it belongs to a South Park character, but the other VAs are all really good.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Image
User avatar
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Kalvinator » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:29 am

I mostly prefer dubs but have promised a few people I'd give the sub a chance. Unfortunately.
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Silverdream » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:39 am

Kalvinator wrote:I mostly prefer dubs but have promised a few people I'd give the sub a chance. Unfortunately.


I think that there are a few dubs that are great or better than the original, but most subs are better than the dub. Here's a list of what I think are the equal or better dubs:

-Samurai Champloo
-Cowboy Bebop
-Panty, Stocking & Garterbelt
-Baccano!
-Black Lagoon
-Fullmetal Alchemist (both series)
-Ghost Stories
-Steins;Gate

and the Ghibli dubs.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7565
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Anime Thread

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:16 am

I actually really liked the Attack on Titan dub. I've seen the first half of the series so far, but I don't know if the second half ever got dubbed (not that I found, anyways).
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6376
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Kalvinator » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:I mostly prefer dubs but have promised a few people I'd give the sub a chance. Unfortunately.


I think that there are a few dubs that are great or better than the original, but most subs are better than the dub. Here's a list of what I think are the equal or better dubs:

-Samurai Champloo
-Cowboy Bebop
-Panty, Stocking & Garterbelt
-Baccano!
-Black Lagoon
-Fullmetal Alchemist (both series)
-Ghost Stories
-Steins;Gate

and the Ghibli dubs.


I have plans to watch Bebop, Black Lagoon, and then Brotherhood as well, so glad the dubs are good.
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Vami IV » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:I mostly prefer dubs but have promised a few people I'd give the sub a chance. Unfortunately.


I think that there are a few dubs that are great or better than the original, but most subs are better than the dub. Here's a list of what I think are the equal or better dubs:

-Samurai Champloo
-Cowboy Bebop
-Panty, Stocking & Garterbelt
-Baccano!
-Black Lagoon
-Full Metal Alchemist (both series)
-Ghost Stories
-Steins;Gate
-Hetalia

and the Ghibli dubs.

I agree.
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Image
User avatar
Vami IV
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1734
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Silverdream » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Found this. It explains that scene in Code Geass R2. Spoilers.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7565
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Colette » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:12 pm

So I abandoned the quest to troll my mom with Code Geass since it was taking so long. In the spirit of Kyubey's efficiency, I instead took up the much shorter quest of trolling her with Madoka.

And boy has it been paying out. :twisted:
Spoiler: show
Brikwars Chat wrote:<colette>: OK
<colette>: So
<colette>: my mom actually tried to physically punch Kyubey on the screen today
<colette>: we finished episode 7

We're currently on episode 7, right before the glorious troll payout on episodes 8 & 9.
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2572
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Insert_blank » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:25 pm

I remember watching Hellsing (original, not ultimate) and Samurai X with my mom when I was in highschool. Her only comment was "well, it's exciting if you like watching people get dismembered, I guess."

Good old mom...
萌えを覚えっていますか?
User avatar
Insert_blank
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: China

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Vami IV » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Insert_blank wrote:I remember watching Hellsing (original, not ultimate) and Samurai X with my mom when I was in highschool. Her only comment was "well, it's exciting if you like watching people get dismembered, I guess."

Good old mom...

Never show her Corpse Party Tortured Souls. Ever.
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Image
User avatar
Vami IV
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1734
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:40 am

Aldnoah Zero Episode 3

Spoiler: show
Holy shit, that was awesome. Also, that after credit scene. The soundtrack for this episode was tight, as in the first episode I was thinking the OST was too similiar to Attack on Titan.

The Princess is surprisingly badass for someone I expected to be sheltered. I wonder if Sloane (or whatever his name is) will defect to the other martians or maybe even the Terrans.

Edit: this is pretty cute out of context:

Image
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7565
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Insert_blank » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:46 am

Vami IV wrote:
Insert_blank wrote:I remember watching Hellsing (original, not ultimate) and Samurai X with my mom when I was in highschool. Her only comment was "well, it's exciting if you like watching people get dismembered, I guess."

Good old mom...

Never show her Corpse Party Tortured Souls. Ever.


She probably wouldn't mind. She's nurse, she's seen gross stuff.
萌えを覚えっていますか?
User avatar
Insert_blank
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: China

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests