Syria

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Syria

Postby Natalya » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Obama wants to bomb Syria really badly.

Know what's sad? I had to vote for Obama twice because the alternative choices provided to me were Romney and McCain.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Re: Syria

Postby Ben-Jammin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Natalya wrote:Obama wants to bomb Syria really badly.

Know what's sad? I had to vote for Obama twice because the alternative choices provided to me were Romney and McCain.

Well, they're all full of shit. If a candidate says something now, its almost guaranteed that he or she will do exactly the opposite once they are in office.

Anyway, I'm pretty pissed at our government for trying to start WWIII over something that doesn't even involve us in the first place.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:56 pm

It's a lot more complicated than that. It's a damned-if-we-do-damned-if-we-don't situation. The key is figuring out which choice lands us in the shallowest puddle of shit.

If we DON'T do anything about it, then everyone else with chemical weapons is going to get a much larger incentive to just go right ahead and use em. If nobody's going to actually enforce chemical weapons bans, why should they worry? The US is the one that makes the biggest deal out of weapons bans, so not doing anything about it is a pretty big message in and of itself.

If we DO send a couple cruise missiles, we're going to kill enough civilians to get a big-ass war rolling out the door. Russia's already parked a bunch of warships off the coast, China's got their back, and of course Iran is being Iran. It won't be pretty.

If it makes you feel any better Natty, Romney would have probably nuked them by now. Then again, I voted for Rosanne Barr.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Silverdream » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm not sure if you're hinting at a war between Russia, China and the USA or something similiar to the war of the triple alliance, IVHorseman. The former is completely ridiculous.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:16 pm

I like this guy's take on the subject.

http://freakoutnation.blogspot.com/2013 ... gy-no.html
stubby
forum janitor

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:10 am

stubby wrote:I like this guy's take on the subject.

http://freakoutnation.blogspot.com/2013 ... gy-no.html

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:26 am

IVhorseman wrote:The US is the one that makes the biggest deal out of weapons bans, so not doing anything about it is a pretty big message in and of itself.

That's a pretty good point. There's also the fact that Assad himself said he's willing to help hand over chemical weapons, but its also the rebels using them so it gets even more complicated.

I personally think the best solution is to just ship Obama and all of Congress over there and leave them. Hell that would probably do more damage than any ICBM or military strike ever would.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby mgb519 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:47 am

Don't steal ideas without crediting them. Plenty of us read the Onion, so we know.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Kastrenzo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:55 pm

I still think Obama and Kerry are fucking retarded, and they pulled this chemical weapon thing out of their ass.

Completley overlooking the fact that the FSA has admitted to having anti western jihadists in it's ranks, and completley discrediting the claims that the FSA used chemical weapons from their captured stores in Aleppo.

Syrian government had no need to deploy WMDs, they were winning the war.

If anyone actually used chemical weapons, It was more than likley one of three parties

FSA - Because you know, they weren't winning, and resorted to rash tactics
Iran - They're in Syria, fighting for Syria, but I wouldn't call them controllable or tactful..
Israel or Saudi Arabia - Who else stands to benefit from America bombing another middle east state?, I like Israel, they test launch missiles, and it's "An act of defense", Syria or Iran or Russia or someone launches one in a test exercise, and it's an act of aggression. Pretty cool dudes the Israelis, Get a free country, bomb the people who gave it to you, force all the muslims into Piltogg Germany esque conditions, *See Definition of Irony* Cry to the world that you're surrounded by bullies, have the world send it's soldiers to die for you, and then for good measure, attack your allies and infiltrate their governments with the intention of sabotaging or committing crimes against them. and in return they give you Unconditional support
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_-_C ... ontroversy

I'm not an anti-semite, I just firmly beileve that there is a lot worse in the world than big bad Assad.. the one thing I hate in this world the most is hypocrisy, Obama, Harper, Cameron, and all the other NATO leader's relationship with a country that is no better than the ones they condemn, is the very definition of a hypocrite. and best of all they keep playing the white knight. IT'S OK GUISE, WE'RE THE GOOD GUYS

America needs to stop pretending it's the World Police, and deal with it's own problems. There are no good guys or bad guys in the conflict, And the same argument can be applied to the world at large.
No black, no white, just shades of gray.

Also I'm not American, but if I had to choose between Mcain and Romney, I'd probably have to go with Mcain,
But then again isn't Kerry a politician? he's reminding me of Bush, most breathtakingly stupid and arrogant motherfucker I've seen in years.

Anyway, I think this is the only reply I'll make since Politics, especially international ones are kind of a bugaboo subject for me. Can't be around them without getting pissed off at something

/tinfoilhatrant
Last edited by Kastrenzo on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kastrenzo
Minifig

Postby Tzan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:07 pm

It seems you used up all the tin foil, time to buy more from the store.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Kastrenzo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Tzan wrote:It seems you used up all the tin foil, time to buy more from the store.

Used up the rest when I tried to see what would happen when I put it in the microwave
Kastrenzo
Minifig

Postby Natalya » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:58 pm

IVhorseman wrote:If we DON'T do anything about it, then everyone else with chemical weapons is going to get a much larger incentive to just go right ahead and use em. If nobody's going to actually enforce chemical weapons bans, why should they worry? The US is the one that makes the biggest deal out of weapons bans, so not doing anything about it is a pretty big message in and of itself.

Yeah. It's a catch-23 situation. I hope this crack diplomacy plan Kerry came up with is going to work. That'd be the best outcome.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya

Postby Kastrenzo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Natalya wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:If we DON'T do anything about it, then everyone else with chemical weapons is going to get a much larger incentive to just go right ahead and use em. If nobody's going to actually enforce chemical weapons bans, why should they worry? The US is the one that makes the biggest deal out of weapons bans, so not doing anything about it is a pretty big message in and of itself.

Yeah. It's a catch-23 situation. I hope this crack diplomacy plan Kerry came up with is going to work. That'd be the best outcome.

+1 for referencing a Rickyism.
Kastrenzo
Minifig

Postby Ben-Jammin » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:44 am

Am I a bad person for thinking that Putin is one of the most awesome men alive?
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby Bragallot » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:09 am

Yes.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Next

Return to General Discussion