Miscommunications

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: Miscommunications

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:03 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:I don't see how brikguy is a chemo to me

That's because the cancer never sees the chemo coming
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby stubby » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:25 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:I don't see how brikguy is a chemo to me

That's because the cancer never sees the chemo coming

:overwatch:

Talking about the Lego Movie has got me thinking lately about what I was trying to accomplish with BrikWars. The 1995 version was just me trying to make a dumb wargame, but by 2000 I had an agenda. I wanted BrikWars to be something I could shove in the face of all the pretentious wargamers thinking they're better than Lego gamers, all the asshole LUGNETters talking over each other and all of them thinking they're the only one who knows the "right" way to play with lego and the right way to post on message boards. And so I started gearing the game so that you could play with lego the way kids actually play with lego, building boxxy rainbow tanks and teaming Harry Potter up with Darth Vader to fight Blokbots and nobody could say shit about it.

So it's kind of funny now that the BrikWars forums have turned into that exact thing I was trying to fight against, a bunch of superior assholes who all think their way is the only correct way of playing, their posts are the only correct way of posting, their music is the only correct music to listen to. To the point that a normal excited 12-year-old can hit the scene, the exact type of kid I have in mind as the essence of the BrikWars mindset, and everybody trying to act superior to everybody else loses their shit because a 12-year-old is acting like a 12-year-old.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Zahru II » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:59 am

That 'you live long enough to become the villain' quote comes to mind.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Zupponn » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:28 am

The best thing I remember about my only physical battle against someone face to face was that the whole battle was like

"I think that's how it works."
"Sounds good to me."

and

"How do you do this?"
"Dunno. Just roll a die."

and

"Can I do that?"
*shrugs* "Sure, why not?"

:D
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:36 am

Now to take this from a third person perspective . . .

At the most basic level, the brikwars forum population is 90-95% made up of people who do actually give two shits about each other and their wellbeing - but play up on the whole "Being an asshole" jigger for shits and giggles and most of the forum rolls along this on image alone. To an outsider we must look like a forum of assbites and morons, a glorified asshole production line of factory level output, but sift under the surface just a little - get to know people via PM and brikchat and you see that people do actually value each others opinions and give comments and criticism and do back each other up both with the brik and with their IRL shit.

On the flipside of this - we also attract the genuine assholes, the Asterios level assholes, the pedonukers, the Silvadreams, the brikguys.

These guys get sifted through one of two paths, we either give them enough shit, enough comments, enough criticism and enough lessons on how not to be assholes that they pick stuff up, and over a few years - then turn into our Collettes and Silverdreams. Yeah they still put out some trolling and shit, same as the rest of us - and their lessons are not complete because no-one ever stops picking up new lessons from everyone else.

The other path? Let us call it the path of Assterios - they end up putting out so much shit and refuse to fucking learn that eventually we have to cut them off completely because they are just vile.

As for Brikguy0410? We are verging on the path of the Ass.

He contributes nothing, and insults everyone - its not even funny trolling, it is literal shit posting for the sake of shit posting - he has no army, no camera, no will to do either - he insults those who put out any actual content without posting a damn thing himself, he posts contradictory information and is generally a fucking asshat.

We remember the tale of Pedonuker? his post quality seemed to high for someone who was only 11 years old at the time - the way he evaded bans was too intelligent for someone who was the age he claimed to be. A few months later, all the information came out and it turned out we where dealing with a prodigy child from a backround that put him at odds as the rest of us - the rest of the story could be easily be found by someone not too lazy to even bother - but he is my example.

Not every kid trolling out there is some middle-american prodigy child - and brikguy is either 12 and a fucking moron, and a troll of the thickest variety.

Also, mcdonalds recruitment age for Massachusetts is of school leaving age - so unless he quit school at 12 years old try another one on us, please - I look forward to the half arsed excuses and explanations on this one.

I'm not gonna be an utter asshole and post the other stuff that five minutes worth of google searching found out - but how is the weather by the lake this time of year?

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:48 am

Small addition. From his Bionicle thread it turns out he doesn't work at McDonald's. But he does; So he much work at a quantum state McDonald's, or Schroedinger McDonald's or something. Al I know is we are back to the cock in a box discussion again.

The Shadowscythe

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:00 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:Small addition. From his Bionicle thread it turns out he doesn't work at McDonald's. But he does; So he much work at a quantum state McDonald's, or Schroedinger McDonald's or something. Al I know is we are back to the cock in a box discussion again.

I worked at Schoredinger's McDonald's once, it was impossible to determine anyone's order and they payed me in relativity. Hell, half the time nobody showed up to work but me.
Overwatch_Elite

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:32 am

I haven't got the time or the energy to be an asshat. And to be honest, a fair few of the people I've meaningfully interacted with on these forums have been of the decent sort. I think a lot of the antagonism found here is little more than good natured ribbing. Which is a perfectly healthy way to be, so long as its understood. I think, at the core, a lot of us embrace and enjoy the entire "throw shit together and have a blast" mindset. Sure, some of us are a little more serious at times. Scythe writes entire blocks of mature minded fiction. I delve into setting fiction. Dilanski owns the microspace. Colette, Silverdream, and Scratch are major forces behind storylines and history. Warhead and Kaplan have fuck all massive armies and huge backstories. The list goes on and on like Bonn-o-Tron. And the content generated is nothing short of very, very cool. It's rare to find this level of storytelling and community interest, combined with such unmitigated irreverence, anywhere else. So, I can't help but think, "Why not both?" I love the idea behind mashing all of that together.

That said, I can see where the superiority creep comes in at times. It's awful and I try to ignore it. Some of the more vocal members are pretty good about slapping that shit down when they see it. Yourself among them, Stubby. I think everyone has moments of engaging the superiority complex. Sometimes I do. Then, I try to stop and think about what an asshole I'm being and I keep my trap shut. I really think that everyone's ideas have a right to be heard. The best shit on earth comes from that kind of collaboration.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby aoffan23 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:13 pm

I find it kind of funny that any time stubby addresses an issue on the forum, people seem to feel the need to explain themselves to him. "Yeah, that does happen, but I'm not part of it."
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:30 pm

No...that doesn't sound right.
In fact, I get the sense that folks are leaping to defend the good parts of the community.

I guess it just feels like something that should be taken seriously and discussed earnestly.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Tzan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:42 pm

I thought Mike's original intent was to make 4chan with bricks.
Mission accomplished!
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:46 pm

aoffan23 wrote:I find it kind of funny that any time stubby addresses an issue on the forum, people seem to feel the need to explain themselves to him. "Yeah, that does happen, but I'm not part of it."

Which is not really my intent - I'm as much a part of it as everyone else. I was expecting to come back to this thread today to see a bunch of "stubby y u so hypocrite" posts. :sparta: doesn't mean don't be wrong or don't be an asshole. I just prefer the kind of being wrong where everyone's cool with recognizing when they're wrong, admitting it, and then either going right on being wrong or deciding not to according to whichever is funnier.

The Shadowscythe wrote:He contributes nothing, and insults everyone - its not even funny trolling, it is literal shit posting for the sake of shit posting - he has no army, no camera, no will to do either - he insults those who put out any actual content without posting a damn thing himself, he posts contradictory information and is generally a fucking asshat.

I don't know, I still find him inexplicably hilarious most of the time. I wouldn't want two of him or anything, but watching all y'all :fu: when your well-crafted insults and rants bounce off the guy without leaving a mark is still funny every time.

Zahru II wrote:That 'you live long enough to become the villain' quote comes to mind.

This pretty much hits it on the nose.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Brikguy0410 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:46 pm

I would thank to thank you all for opening my eyes, as in I should probably stop being so lazy guess what else, turns out I have something like $200. Saved up in my room, also my birthday is in two months
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby Tzan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:54 pm

Tzan
Blockguy

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Tzan as always is a fountain or word-smithery and wit.

The Shadowscythe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion