Braggalot and Stubby's zany debate thread

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: Star Wars VII

Postby stubby » Tue May 06, 2014 9:36 am

I was reading in 1980, but the tengwar probably wasn't until 83 or 84. I was reading before I could walk though.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby IVhorseman » Tue May 06, 2014 1:37 pm

stubby wrote:The bulldozer is important AND the dogshit is important.

I smell a rank title.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby The Shadowscythe » Tue May 06, 2014 2:43 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:Oh gods I needed this laugh this morning.

I also hereby request a new word filter.

Explain = Mansplain
Explaining = Mansplaining
Explanation = Mansplanation
Explained = Mansplained

And so on like Bonn-o-Tron.

I feel I made the most important post in this thread and yet I am being ignored. You guys are all fucking Scytheist I swear.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby stubby » Tue May 06, 2014 2:47 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:I feel I made the most important post in this thread and yet I am being ignored. You guys are all fucking Scytheist I swear.

It's true. But I can't take credit for mansplaining. The word has a long and established history already in feminist circles:

http://www.nationinstitute.org/blog/nat ... nsplaining
stubby
forum janitor

Postby The Shadowscythe » Tue May 06, 2014 2:54 pm

As true as that may be, do I really have to mansplain to you the reasons why we need this word filter in our lives?

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby stubby » Tue May 06, 2014 2:56 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:As true as that may be, do I really have to mansplain to you the reasons why we need this word filter in our lives?

Your mastery of the form brings a tear to my eye
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Insert_blank » Tue May 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Can all you lame nerds get out of this topic so we can continue discussing Star Wars, please?
Who thinks the Falcon will be an actual model or cgi?
萌えを覚えっていますか?
Douse yourself in water and repent.
Insert_blank
Cannon Fodder

Postby Quantumsurfer » Tue May 06, 2014 6:43 pm

You guys see the trailer for Star Wars Rebels?
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby IVhorseman » Tue May 06, 2014 6:45 pm

A little birdie told me they're using as many physical models as possible for this one, actually. So there's a good chance it's a model!
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby aoffan23 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:43 pm

And then Sam entered the thread, and the quadfecta (that's now a word) of cringe-worthy discussions was complete. (I should not that I think racism is definitely worth talking about, but this just seems like a dumb place to do it. But hey, I guess doing dumb things is in the spirit of Brikwars, so it's actually the perfect place to do it. :mystery: )

But anyway on the topic of Star Wars, I'm really looking forward to this. I think I said this at some point in another thread, but Disney is too smart to half-ass something as iconic as Star Wars. I don't know where you heard about the models being used, but I'm willing to believe that's true. When a company is that huge, rich, and loved, they can afford to go that extra mile whenever the hell they want. I also like that the whole EU thing has been addressed, mostly because the whole canon just seemed ridiculous to me. The Star Wars universe was messier than comic book universes, with a million different writers having a different vision of how it should be. Now that the movies are the only canon parts of the universe, things become a lot less cluttered and dumb.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Insert_blank » Tue May 06, 2014 11:16 pm

The Rebels trailer is just for the first episode it seems but I have faith in Filioni. Clone Wars was a great show and I can't see them messing things up too much. I just hope they don't add more Jedi to the cast for awhile.
萌えを覚えっていますか?
Insert_blank
Cannon Fodder

Postby Quantumsurfer » Wed May 07, 2014 3:14 pm

Admittedly, the trailer for Rebels looks distinctly aimed at a much younger audience. There isn't anything wrong with that, of course. Clone Wars was a great cartoon (for the most part...it had some fairly terrible episodes sprinkled in) with a lot of mature themes that still managed to appeal to a wide range of ages. And it's previews made it look super kiddie. It wasn't, so who knows? The thing with the jedi throws me a little. That could go very bad or very good. The animation style isn't something I like at first blush but I have a feeling it'll grow on me like Clone Wars did. Especially if it has similarly compelling storylines.

Again, though, we get even more stories rammed into the same 33 year period. Be great if they would aim their official canon significantly forward or backward in time. VII is a step toward that, albeit a very small one.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Brikguy0410 » Wed May 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:Admittedly, the trailer for Rebels looks distinctly aimed at a much younger audience. There isn't anything wrong with that, of course. Clone Wars was a great cartoon (for the most part...it had some fairly terrible episodes sprinkled in) with a lot of mature themes that still managed to appeal to a wide range of ages. And it's previews made it look super kiddie. It wasn't, so who knows? The thing with the jedi throws me a little. That could go very bad or very good. The animation style isn't something I like at first blush but I have a feeling it'll grow on me like Clone Wars did. Especially if it has similarly compelling storylines.

Again, though, we get even more stories rammed into the same 33 year period. Be great if they would aim their official canon significantly forward or backward in time. VII is a step toward that, albeit a very small one.

There saying it will tie into the clone wars, I think there going to have Asoka and captain Rex as Guest stars, :spoil: due to some leaked pics of action figure packaging, we know that captain Rex throughs off order 66, changes his name, and becomes a bounty hunter
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby Insert_blank » Wed May 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Yeah I figured as much. I really want to see Aurra Sing and Ventress and Maul though. Adult Ahsoka will be cool though. I read the Last of the Jedi series with Jax Pavan as a Jedi similar to the one in this show and those books were pretty crappy but again Filioni is a solid dude who makes mostly good shows. I'll give season 1 a shot and see how it goes from there.
萌えを覚えっていますか?
Insert_blank
Cannon Fodder

Postby Bragallot » Wed May 07, 2014 6:10 pm

I wonder, will Lego have the license to make sets off these movies as well?
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion