Let's Talk About Pot

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Postby pesgores » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:24 am

I didn't say minor drugs should be illegal.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Warhead » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:30 am

Yeah I know but I just wanted to hit you over the head with a baton and this was the shortest rout. *Kersplat!* :? Oh, ok, I fucked up. You're free to go.
Last edited by Warhead on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Funky Weasel » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:51 am

pesgores wrote:Illegalize all drugs (except alcohol and minor drugs). There, a better world.

Master Troll! 10/10!
CONGRATULATIONS - you just WON The Game FOREVER. Or you can carry on being a humourless nugget - your call.
TROLOLO
Funky Weasel
Officer

Postby pesgores » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:51 am

Funky Weasel wrote:
pesgores wrote:Illegalize all drugs (except alcohol and minor drugs). There, a better world.

Master Troll! 10/10!

Needs baseplates.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Arkbrik » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:57 am

This debate is all about which drugs are considered "minor".
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby pesgores » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:59 am

Medication that is actually sold in Pharmacies.
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby tahthing » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:02 am

depends on the pharmacie.
do you mean street corner?
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby Warhead » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:07 am

The clue is in the title. So, lets talk about pot.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Tzan » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:09 am

Awww I was going to do that later :(
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:28 am

Warhead stealer of thunder! 8)
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Almighty Benny » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:18 pm

ok, I just have to get in on this because marijuana legalization is one of my favorite things to argue about

First things first; when used in moderation, marijuana is virtually non-toxic, is less addictive than caffeine, and in my opinion a hell of a lot safer to use than alcohol. It is impossible to overdose on weed, there has never been a documented case of a person smoking themselves to death with marijuana. I wouldn't advise driving while stoned, but I will say that marijuana does not decrease your reaction time the way drinking does.

ok, so with that said, is it true that there are no problems occurring due to it being illegal?

In the US alone, over 20 million people have been arrested on marijuana possession charges in the last 40 years. I think this is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. Besides the fact that these people are IN PRISON for harmless, victimless offenses, this country (as well as others) don't have the resources to keep these people behind bars.
That's to say nothing of the drug cartels whose profits are mostly in the growth and sale of pot.

Don't even get me started on the billions of dollars per year governments spend trying (and epically failing) to stop the spread and use of marijuana, when they could be making billions by regulating and taxing it.

I will say that I agree with you, Warhead, that people under the age of 21 should not smoke marijuana. I know people who started too young and went a little overboard and whose lives are taking a bad turn (I'm sure you'd have a lot more experience in this area), but I will say that for each of those people I've met, there are 2 who smoke in moderation and are perfectly normal, intelligent, functioning members of society.

I've been smoking in moderation (a few times a week, but I sometimes take week-long breaks) since I was 19, and I'm doing just fine. The key word here is obviously moderation. Alcohol is fine in moderation, but I'm sure it's ruined just as many lives as marijuana if not more, and it's entirely legal.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Warhead wrote:Anyway, here in Scotland were getting lots of Chinese buying up housing property then wrecking it and putting in hydroponics to grow pot. They even booby-trap the lot with all sorts of stuff so if there's a raid they'll kill someone. Like the doors set up to the mains and incendiaries and stuff. They get illegal to tend to the lot and the electricity is scammed off the mains illegally too so they don't get spotted for over use of electricity and so traced. But there are still ways of spotting the houses used.

Each cultivation is worth a load of dosh and they are getting more and more common.

This is really more of an argument for legalizing pot if anything. The only reason they'd go through all that trouble is because of how much trouble they'd get in if they were caught. I mean hell, look at the american prohibition period, where alcohol was made illegal, and crime shot straight through the roof.

I personally smoke. Not very often, but if I'm with a friend and there's nothing to do, we can always smoke a bowl and then play video games. Are there better things I could be doing? Hell yes.

Also, pesgores, smoking pot will not, in fact, make you see crazy rainbow stuff and pink elephants. All it'll really do is make you sit on the couch, and then realize that Rush is the coolest band in the world. You're thinking of harder hallucinogens, which instead pull you through a dimensional door and are thoroughly incomprehensible.

As for harder drugs, the only other drugs I've tried are alcohol (rocks), tobacco (sucks), and salvia (for the love of god don't do it). I have two friends from high school who've OD'd and died, and I know that number is going to keep rising.

To put it all in perspective, everything's about moderation. It's something fun to do, but I definitely would not enjoy it if my entire life was one long period of being totally baked. I do enjoy showing up at work stoned out of my mind, because it's a frozen yogurt shop and everything tastes so good.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Natalya » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:58 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:I've been smoking in moderation (a few times a week, but I sometimes take week-long breaks) since I was 19, and I'm doing just fine. The key word here is obviously moderation. Alcohol is fine in moderation, but I'm sure it's ruined just as many lives as marijuana if not more, and it's entirely legal.

^ THIS ^

Fuck, even video games can ruin lives when used in excess. I used to be addicted to the computer back in middle school and high school. I had no friends and stayed at home online all the time. Now, I was dealing with some major issues back then which effectively prevented me from seeking honest and open friendships//relationships in the first place, but it still wasn't healthy. It's still my crutch, but it's not as bad as it was, say, 3 years ago. But the point is you don't need pot to ruin your life. You can do it with any number of legal substances or activities.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Warhead » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Exactly.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Strana » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:31 pm

in other words everything in moderation. of course that moderation ahs slightly different amounts
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas
Strana
Dimmy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion