Let's Talk About Pot

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Postby Warhead » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:16 pm

How to keep from losing power? Make everyone afraid of what would happened if you weren't IN power. Governments (either side of the political spectrum) have no intention of alleviating these kinds of issues and care not a jot for who pays meantime. It is all just business as usual.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Blitzen » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:37 pm

NatalyaAF wrote:The pressing need is to get rid of associated gang violence and to release people from jail. Because of the War of Drugs America has been left with the largest prison population in the world. We have a full 1% of our population at the mercy of the prison industrial complex. I think that any time you have 1 in 100 people in jail you need to re-think a lot of things. Especially when companies make money for putting people in jail. Most prisons are now privately owned, so the more prisoners there are the more money these corporations get, the more people are jailed for non-violent crimes such as posession. Over 750K people were arrested in 2005 for posession of Marijuana. That's nearly a million people. It's ridiculous.

I have an idea: don't put them in jail.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Natalya » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:49 pm

That's the obvious solution, but it's not how it rolls down here in the U.S.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:44 am

I know I'm a bit late, but...

Personally, I don't have a huge problem with weed. As long as you do it in moderation, there's really no major detriments from it (as Benny mentioned earlier). I only do it maaaybe once a week, and even then it's not like I'm smoking mountains of it. Of course, there is a point where it becomes too much, but that can be said of anything. I have friends who probably do it almost every other night, and it hasn't seriously effected them yet (asides from the amounts of money they spend). I know, though, that their habits now are going to bite them in the ass later.

We had a discussion once about the disadvatages of full marijuana legalization. I think the main one was that it would be sold quite commercially, and there's a good chance there would be a huge price increase on it. Stores could sell it and charge whatever they want, and people would still pay for it, but it makes it less accessible to those who aren't willing to pay that much.
It's also possible that the government would put an age limit on it, much like alcohol and tobacco. That would really only hinder teenagers, which I honestly don't think would be entirely horrible.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Blitzen » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:04 am

I actually don't think it would be that much of a hindrance, considering the copious amount of alcohol consumption <i>talked about in class</i>. In my school, anyway.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:06 am

True. Us crafty teenagers are good at acquiring illegal substances.
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:26 am

Also good at having older brothers.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Almighty Benny » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:41 am

not to mention it's a weed, and therefore basically the easiest thing to grow in the world

if it were legal, you could just plant a few seeds in your backyard and be set for whenever you didn't feel like paying for it. I've heard estimates that the price would actually go down if it were legalized, though it would probably be the cigarette companies who would jump on it first in the States, so who knows?
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Tzan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:50 am

D'oh you beat me to it.

I think the price would go down and the tobacco companies would mass produce it, after adding formaldehyde of course.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:55 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:not to mention it's a weed, and therefore basically the easiest thing to grow in the world

if it were legal, you could just plant a few seeds in your backyard and be set for whenever you didn't feel like paying for it.

We didn't even think of this. We're idiots.
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Moronstudios » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:not to mention it's a weed, and therefore basically the easiest thing to grow in the world

That only works in parts of the world wilth similar enough climate to the native area that 'weed' comes from. (Where does it originate from?)
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:42 pm

They just busted a farm near where I live for growing marijuana. Redfield, New York is where everyone gets their drugs from in a very wide radius. A couple had 100 pounds of dried marijuana and 78 plants when they were busted a couple years ago.

Link.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby kidko » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:02 pm

Moronstudios wrote:That only works in parts of the world wilth similar enough climate to the native area that 'weed' comes from. (Where does it originate from?)

Correct. You can't just take a seed and plant it. Why do you think there are such complex irrigation systems out there? To get a decent batch, you have to cultivate the plant in a certain way, under certain conditions.

Well, actually, it probably will grow. But not into the productive plants growers are probably interested in.
kidko
Officer

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:02 pm

kidko wrote:
Moronstudios wrote:That only works in parts of the world wilth similar enough climate to the native area that 'weed' comes from. (Where does it originate from?)

Correct. You can't just take a seed and plant it. Why do you think there are such complex irrigation systems out there? To get a decent batch, you have to cultivate the plant in a certain way, under certain conditions.

Well, actually, it probably will grow. But not into the productive plants growers are probably interested in.

You can if it's a weed. Weeds have the ability to grow in just about anywhere there's soil, which is why gardeners hate weeds so much. They basically grow themselves, with no effort required.

Also apparently my dad used to grow it in the backyard back in the days before he met my mom, which I find hilarious.
Last edited by IVhorseman on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Rody » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:25 am

al right, I know some people say weed is legal in the Netherlands, they are big fat liars.
It is in fact illegal to grow, sell, and posses weed.
but we have a special policy where we "tollerate" possesion of the drug up to certain amounts.
we also tollerate the designated coffeeshops to sell the weed.
(the entire process of how they get the weed however is illegal)

what all of this does, is that it mostly keeps the selling of marijuana out of the illegal circuits.
I think this also reduces the chance of potheads getting into contact with hard drugs.
click here for an officer telling more or less the same thing. also strangely drug usage in the Netherlands is actually below average compared to other countries.

also, yes I smoke, moderately.. only in the weekends, never in amounts where I can't get home safely any more.
I also always choose between either weed, OR alcohol. never both in large amounts.
only exception would be at parties.

And I know of people who are fucking over their lives with it, seriously 14 year old girls just shouldn't smoke. especially not if it resulted in them seeing furbys everywhere. and another time literally turning green.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion