Heeeeeeelp! My photos are blurry!

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Heeeeeeelp! My photos are blurry!

Postby Elmagnifico » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Ok, so over the holidays I have acquired a digital camera WITH FLOWER MODE! (insert fanfare and loud cheers)

However, I just used said camera to take some piccies of my latest L00tz and the photo quality is disappointing, as can be seen with the examples below:

As you can see, the camera focuses very well on far away stuff, ie my racecar mouse in the background. However, I am stumped as to what to do about getting the darn thing to focus on my legosssss.

Any tips/tricks/youboneheadjustflipXswitchandit'llallbeoks will be appreciated.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby kidko » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Do you actually ENABLE macro (flower) mode? That seems to be the problem. If it's one with a knob at the top that selects modes (speed, normal, landscape, etc.) turn it to the flower and try again. Otherwise, their might be a button (push it until the flower's on the display).
kidko
Officer

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:40 pm

Just because you have flower mode doesn't mean you can take pictures from an inch away. You still have to be back far enough for the picture to focus. It could be 6 or 7 inches, it could be a foot.

Also, when you're taking the picture don't just hold it there and take the picture right away. Hold down the button a little bit. The camera will use this to focus. If on the screen it's still not focused on what you want it to focus on, you're too damn close.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Coximind » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:50 am

Yeah, like OnEye said, hold the camera back a little further. You can edit it in GIMP or Photoshop and crop the excess out, so as to show only your minifig.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

Bullshit.
Coximind
Cannon Fodder

Postby Magic Soap » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:01 pm

The camera is focusing on the background too. Hold the focus button down a few seconds before taking the picture.
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:30 pm

You did not push the flower button. To use the Macro mode, you must actually push the button.

Also give me your mouse.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Elmagnifico » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:09 pm

No, it's mine, and you can't have it. Preciousssssss...

Oh well, the camera's better than nothing.

Below are some pics I took as a proof-of-concept for a forum battle I'm planning. Thoughts/comments?

READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby OneEye589 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:53 pm

They're still blurry. The distance of the second one is fine, and possibly the first one as well.

When you take the picture, hold the button down half-way. DO NOT TAKE THE PICTURE ALL THE WAY.

There should be something that pops up on the screen, usually little green boxes. What the box is around will tell you what's in focus. If the box is red, let go of the button and try again.

If there is no green or red box at all, the camera will focus on what it thinks it should focus on like Bonn-o-Tron. You should be able to see on the screen what is in focus and what isn't. Just let go and try again until it comes in focus. It's not going to change focus after you take the picture, you have to do it as you're actually taking it.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Magic Soap » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Also, brightly lit room - plastic does not work with flash. And try out shit like aperture/exposure/lens/other modes

I'd be fine with the quality of the first for a forum battle, the rest IMO. As long as you give us detailed info in text along with the pics, still better than nothing.
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Almighty Benny » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:11 am

they look perfectly clear to me

maybe you should see an optometrist
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:42 pm

Maybe the forum is making the pictures all fuzzy and pixel-y like our avatars. Do they look fuzzy to you, Olo?
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Magic Soap » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Wow! When I look at the laser light in my mouse, then at this, I can see the rainbows!
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Rody » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:29 am

Magic Soap wrote:Wow! When I look at the laser light in my mouse, then at this, I can see the rainbows!

that is a good sign....

*makes some notes*
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Return to General Discussion