Immortal Empire, where do you stand?

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Re: THE IMMORTAL EMPIRE - Where do you stand?

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 pm

bigbigdogbig wrote:I beleive that I will stick with the Immortal Empire, but thank you gentalmen for the offers.

Good decision.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby RunsWithLegos » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:08 pm

bigbigdogbig wrote:I beleive that I will stick with the Immortal Empire, but thank you gentalmen for the offers.

welcome to the club mate 8)
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby bigbigdogbig » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:16 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:

welcome to the club mate 8)

:godwin:
I hate weddings. Old people would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped when I started going up to them at funerals and poking them, saying, "You're next"
TROLOLO
bigbigdogbig
Hero

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Well, if you're lured by the siren call of conquest and domination, keep in mind that someday the beast will start to eat it's own tail... The FELC has seen both sides of this course and, after a time, have taken up arms against the Immortals for crimes seen on the battlefield in assistance to the Empire itself... and now we pay the price, pushed back to defend our core worlds with resources much diminished.

And what you're describing - high-end Warp tek - is what our tacticians call a WarPortal. It tends to alter it's destination and relative speed depending on the amount of conflict at the end of the line, in layman's terms.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby bigbigdogbig » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:And what you're describing - high-end Warp tek - is what our tacticians call a WarPortal. It tends to alter it's destination and relative speed depending on the amount of conflict at the end of the line, in layman's terms.

Im sure your "tacticians" have some sort of "warportal", but Degraden tech is only conflicted by the uncommon warpstorm. And even then, Degraden space power is rarely held up for long. I asure you sir that only the warp itself can slow a warp jump.
I hate weddings. Old people would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped when I started going up to them at funerals and poking them, saying, "You're next"
TROLOLO
bigbigdogbig
Hero

Postby ikensall » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:27 pm

I haven't picked a side yet, so if anyone wants to persuade me... Besides, it's probobally for the best 'cause I would keep swapping sides too much for a decent war, especially one where there are two easily defined sidesfor me to swap over too.
My forum battle; The Tea Party of Doom - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9932&p=237262#p237262
My builds; viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11297

ikensall wrote:Come and join the fascinating silence in mibbit!
ikensall
Dimmy

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:14 pm

bigbigdogbig wrote:Im sure your "tacticians" have some sort of "warportal", but Degraden tech is only conflicted by the uncommon warpstorm. And even then, Degraden space power is rarely held up for long. I asure you sir that only the warp itself can slow a warp jump.

Are you of the opinion that exceeding a relative point of 4.21 PSa^2 while attempting to reach an ongoing conflict is a bad thing, mate? It far outpaces Mk I-IV drives, and to be honest, I'd much rather take the hit while going somewhere boring than to not have the edge when it comes to jumping into battle all guns blazing. It's a matter of strategy, "sir".
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Silverdream » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:38 pm

ikensall wrote: I haven't picked a side yet, so if anyone wants to persuade me... Besides, it's probobally for the best 'cause I would keep swapping sides too much for a decent war, especially one where there are two easily defined sidesfor me to swap over too.

Three sides. You as a steampunker could probably join the Britannian League.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby bigbigdogbig » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:
bigbigdogbig wrote:Im sure your "tacticians" have some sort of "warportal", but Degraden tech is only conflicted by the uncommon warpstorm. And even then, Degraden space power is rarely held up for long. I asure you sir that only the warp itself can slow a warp jump.

Are you of the opinion that exceeding a relative point of 4.21 PSa^2 while attempting to reach an ongoing conflict is a bad thing, mate? It far outpaces Mk I-IV drives, and to be honest, I'd much rather take the hit while going somewhere boring than to not have the edge when it comes to jumping into battle all guns blazing. It's a matter of strategy, "sir".

if your primative tech gives you such limatations as these I am surprised that you could hold for this long against the Immortal Empire, "mate".
TROLOLO
bigbigdogbig
Hero

Postby Silverdream » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:30 pm

We've held out against the immortal empire for so long because our peoples are at stake. Should Britannia take over the Silvarian Empire, millions will be given to the Immortal Empire as slaves and concubines. Should the third alliance take over the universe, it's likely billions of communists, peaches and dimmies will be dead.

Each side in the war has their own morals and values, the Anti-Immortal Alliance believes in self determination, the third alliance believes in a new universal order and the Immortal Empire believes that might makes right.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Robot Monkey » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Join the Third Alliance today! See new worlds! Conquer all you see! :all: Destroy ALL the immortals!
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby mgb519 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Join the immortals. Fight Piltogg. Get beer.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Robot Monkey » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Join the Third Alliance. Fight alongside Piltogg. Get even more beer.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:19 pm

bigbigdogbig wrote:if your primative tech gives you such limatations as these I am surprised that you could hold for this long against the Immortal Empire, "mate".

Primitive? Hah! Pull up that carriage of yours alongside the Anon, "admiral", and let's see who outstrips the other! Epsilon Beta, onwards!
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby bigbigdogbig » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:
bigbigdogbig wrote:if your primative tech gives you such limatations as these I am surprised that you could hold for this long against the Immortal Empire, "mate".

Primitive? Hah! Pull up that carriage of yours alongside the Anon, "admiral", and let's see who outstrips the other! Epsilon Beta, onwards!

This carrige does not need to out strip you, it simply needs to get ahead of you. Which the warp allows it to do quite nicely. And once there, well, lets not go into details. Ok, I will. The heavy frontal (what you primatives call desintogrator cannons) will remove your light ships from the space-time continum. Then a broadside will be unleashed, as well as hundreds of fighters and support ships. And if that does not destroy your fleet completly then multiply that by twenty. If that somehow manages to fail then elite boarding partys of black commandos and black guard, warped in with PWT's (Portable Warp Transmiter), will destroy any resistance."Mate", you don't stand a chance verses the Deaths Shadow and her retinue.
TROLOLO
bigbigdogbig
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion