Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby stubby » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:01 pm

Image
Don't forget Sylviadream.

Salvia is a drug of pagan hippies and shamen. I figure Salviadream would be an ally to Pacifass in the Negaverse.

Sliverdream would be super-attractive to moms, but it wouldn't do them any good because he's obsessed with dads instead.

Silverdream wrote:Salivadream will be the angriest Silvadream, because her spit flies when she's talking and other people don't like to hang out with each other. She also drools over the hotties. In combat, she uses her own Saliva to make other enemies slip or to allow her to slide.

Welp that's gross.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4641
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Vami IV » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:08 pm

stubby wrote:Welp that's Silver.
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Image
User avatar
Vami IV
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1370
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Zupponn » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Well, I've apparebtly been banned from the mibbit chat for not identifying myself. Colette's a dick.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies
 
Posts: 5420
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Vami IV » Thu May 01, 2014 6:33 pm

*** overwatch quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
*** Silint-Sigfig quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<VAMI>: IM ALL ALONE
<VAMI>: WITH A DINO
<VAMI>: WAH
<Dinosaur1>: What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another targ
<VAMI>: ...
<VAMI>: You're HALO, right
<Dinosaur1>: et. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for
<Dinosaur1>: the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I w
<VAMI>: Hello, Semaj
<Dinosaur1>: ill use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit
<Dinosaur1>: ill use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit
<Dinosaur1>: roar
<VAMI>: ...
<Dinosaur1>: roarrrr
*** Dinosaur1 quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<VAMI>: *sigh*
<VAMI>: Maybe I should leave the forums
<VAMI>: It would, assuredly increase forum quality
<VAMI>: With only me to muse at my failed existence on Brikwars.
<VAMI>: To lurk it's halls again.'
<VAMI>: With only me to lurk it's halls
<VAMI>: With Asterios
<VAMI>: the PEDOs
<VAMI>: and the assorted like
<VAMI>: Would it be so bad?
<VAMI>: Perhaps
<VAMI>: Wonder what this musing would get me on the Forum?
<VAMI>: probably ban
<VAMI>: We'll see
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Image
User avatar
Vami IV
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1370
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Thu May 01, 2014 7:26 pm

why were you talking to yourself
User avatar
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Vami IV » Thu May 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Because fuck you, that's why.
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Image
User avatar
Vami IV
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1370
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Colette » Sat May 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Until Overwatch explains himself regarding hacking my mibbit nick, I will make every effort to indefinitely ban him from the chat.
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sat May 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Colette wrote:Until Overwatch explains himself regarding hacking my mibbit nick, I will make every effort to indefinitely ban him from the chat.

Oh well

Time to get back on steam
User avatar
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sun May 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Must have came at a bad time, will try again later :)
User avatar
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sun May 04, 2014 6:47 pm

Make sure to start using #brikwars before this post gets deleted
User avatar
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Colette » Sun May 04, 2014 7:17 pm

I will always host chat battles on the one and only original Brikwars chat.

EDIT: Scratch pointed out to me that you did in fact post lego- I apologize, and all is forgiven.
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Colette » Tue May 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Brikwars Chat wrote:<colette>: what happened to God complex?
<Natalya>: god complex?
<Natalya>: let me tell you something
<Natalya>: I am god.
<colette>: in b4
<scrooge>: inb4
<colette>: dammit
<scrooge>: ha
<colette>: we were both too slow
<Natalya>: nice try
<Natalya>: thats what happens
<colette>: bow before the true god
<Natalya>: when you try to beat a goddess
<scrooge>: inb4
<scrooge>: fuck
<scrooge>: 2fast2quick
<Natalya>: owned
<colette>: Natalya is more ninja god than you
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Natalya » Tue May 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Image

This one gets an image treatment.
Image
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"


Image
User avatar
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
 
Posts: 5237
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Now in Ontario

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Zupponn » Tue May 06, 2014 11:04 pm

At first I was going to say that he finally beat you, but then I realized you were just immortalizing the moment.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies
 
Posts: 5420
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Colette » Wed May 07, 2014 1:35 am

Skip to bolded/underlined part if tl;dr.

Brikwars Chat wrote:<Silverdream>: Did you guys see that I posted this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/connorkemuo/shinjuku-murata
*** Theblackdog quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<Coltaine>: I saw that, just didn't get around to readin it
<colette>: saw it
<Coltaine>: no wait, I readit
<Silverdream>: It's pretty short.
<Coltaine>: about underware in a billboard
<colette>: I am disappointed in humanity
<colette>: I would say Japan especially, but I already knew they were a special case
<Silverdream>: I'm guessing it's not due to the hómosexual discrimination?
<colette>: Correct
<Silverdream>: How unsurprising.
<colette>: Seriously? Fembots? Like
<Silverdream>: Let me guess, it's due to the depictions of women in the red light districts?
<Silverdream>: oh
<colette>: this is the type of stuff that makes Turing roll in his grave
<colette>: also what you said
<colette>: but I already lost faith in humanity on that count
<colette>: inb4 Turing was gáy
<Silverdream>: I think he would be rolling also because of the hómosexual discrimination
<Silverdream>: beat me to it
<colette>: Hómosexuality has all the negatives of heterosexuality but without the counterbalancing justification of continuing the species
<colette>: if scientists found a way to circumvent natural reproduction
<colette>: heterosexuality would be wrong too
<colette>: as it would also lack a justification
<Silverdream>: brb
<Silverdream>: going to debunk ridiculous shit claims soon
<colette>: intriguing
<Coltaine>: What are the negatives of heterosexuality?
<colette>: distraction, drag on economic productivity, cause of conflict
<colette>: marriages based on love are unstable environments in which to raise the next generation
<colette>: by deciding on a whim who we want to be with, and then being free to discard once it no longer suits you, society is being irresponsible to its future constituents
<colette>: fuck the grammar in that sentence is awful
<Silverdream>: Colette, that makes no sense
<Silverdream>: People buy more stuff for their families
<Silverdream>: They don't take sick days to sleep off hangovers because of their families
<Silverdream>: People can't afford to sit down for a few months after being fired because they need to support their families
<colette>: romantic/sexual interaction should be reduced to its fundamental biological purpose
<colette>: that of providing a stable environment for the next generation
<Silverdream>: Listen colette, I know you think you're making rational arguments
<Silverdream>: but really, they're just emotional
<colette>: How so?
<colette>: It'd benefit society and increase efficiency
<Silverdream>: Because it's clear that you're rejecting love out of spite
<colette>: perhaps facilitate the creation of human capital
<colette>: ...
<colette>: ???
<Silverdream>: And how the hell would it increase efficiency?
<colette>: Out of spite?
<Silverdream>: Yes.
<colette>: What an amusing thought.
<Silverdream>: Sour grapes.
<colette>: it has deviated from its raison d'être.
<colette>: and has become inefficient
<Silverdream>: How?
<Coltaine>: Note, again, that without the biological and emotional emperative, people wouldn't want to have kids
<colette>: Divorces, the recent trend of casual reproductive activities and LGBT
<Silverdream>: How do those effect efficiency?
<colette>: the annoying proliferation of romance disrupting society and decreasing productivity
<Silverdream>: *affect
<Silverdream>: If anything, Romance is great for the economy
<Silverdream>: Without romance, why would we like diamonds?
<colette>: by stealing hours from our workforce?
<colette>: they make great industrial drill tips
<Silverdream>: By allowing us to buy shitloads of gifts for our loved ones
<colette>: isn't gift-giving technically inefficient?
<Coltaine>: Divorces are not a flaw in the system of reproduction and love, they are a fault of our culture
<colette>: I wrote about that in my AP Economics class
<Coltaine>: Divorce rates in the developing world and most of europe are not as bad as in the US, i believe
<colette>: something about reducing liquidity, let me dig it up
<colette>: eh, I'm too lazy
<Silverdream>: I read something similiar about divorce
<Silverdream>: that it was because people loved getting married
<Silverdream>: but they didn't want to commit
<colette>: Exactly
<colette>: a failure
<Silverdream>: Both the US and Canada fetishize Marriage
<colette>: in the system
<Silverdream>: and this is a strength
<Silverdream>: the Wedding industry is strong
<Coltaine>: The American sickness is not in the marriage system, but the consumerist culture
<colette>: Consumerism has some negative consequences, like pollution, but on balance I think it's a healthy mindset
<colette>: Greed motivates people
<colette>: the desire for more, and resultantly the desire to do the things that will get them more
<colette>: if done right, these things are economically-meaningful contributions to society
<colette>: like employment, or research
<Silverdream>: Exactly
<Silverdream>: and people love to accumulate things for their family
<colette>: Self-interest works just as well
<colette>: the only exception is possibly children
<colette>: since in the biological view of the world, organisms exist to pass on genes
<Coltaine>: Self-interest is the sickness in western culture
<Coltaine>: Without empathy, people would have no reason to have kids
<colette>: so they have to protect themselves to preserve those genes, and protect their children to ensure those genes are passed on
<colette>: that is why I believe the only true love in the world is that between a parent and a child
<Coltaine>: But, note that you do not want to have children because they would be a drain on your resources
<colette>: it is a biological compulsion though
<Silverdream>: This isn't too shippy
<Silverdream>: But I thought it was cute
<Silverdream>:
<colette>: and perhaps not an inefficient one, since children generate a positive externality
<Silverdream>: Fuck
<colette>: thereby divorcing the marginal social benefit curve from the marginal private benefit curve
<colette>: and increasing the socially optimal amount from what would be expected from self-interest alone
<colette>: but yeah, all other forms of love are but means to a biological end and therefore doomed to decay
<Coltaine>: 50% of marriages do not end in divorce, however
<Coltaine>: so that means that it is still a very sound system, half the time people are not ready for commitment
<colette>: still pretty inefficient though
<colette>: given the number of single parents
<Coltaine>: also, on a sidenote, where are you getting the idea that as a 15-16 year old, you can make blanket statements like "All love is wrong except for the one type of love I identify with" this is more of a perspective question, but it has merit
<colette>: Biology
<colette>: from an evolutionary perspective, you were put on this Earth to spread your genes and therefore have a strong compulsion to do so
<Coltaine>: Biology has no application upon humanity past some broad societal perspective
<colette>: Humanity is a K-type organism
<colette>: therefore it has a biological imperative to take care of its young
<colette>: there is no such imperative behind any other relationship
<Coltaine>: the loving two parent system is proven to be the most effective way of raising a child
<Coltaine>: the relationships you make at a young age determine basically everything in your personality
<Silverdream>: Also sacred band of thebes
<Silverdream>: Men who fought better because they loved each other.
<Coltaine>: Yes
<colette>: I was about to say love is a flimsy motivation, but regretably it's not
<colette>: it's more of an inconsistent motivation
<colette>: or an evanescent one
<Coltaine>: Also, using biology as an argument in a anthropological and psychological debate is like using astronomy to talk about how elephants mate in the wild
<colette>: brb
<colette>: Anthro and Psych aren't hard sciences
<colette>: they derive their legitimacy from Biology
<Coltaine>: Humanity isn't a hard science
<colette>: technically
<colette>: I could make an argument against marriage using a computational argument
<Silverdream>: Psychology is and isn't a hard science
<Silverdream>: Depending on the type.
<Coltaine>: What was your alternative to the two-parent system again?
<colette>: legal contract to raise a child to age of majority
<Silverdream>: I don't think you disagree that anything to do with brain function isn't a science
<colette>: so you can't back out of a decision on a whim
<Coltaine>: That legal contract thing is full of shit
<Coltaine>: Give me a moment to collect my thoughts on that
<Coltaine>: The parent child bond is highly important, especially early in life, the child must feel that they are loved and appriciated
<colette>: exactly
<Coltaine>: if they feel like a burden, like they would under a legal contract, that would cause some serious self-worth issues
<colette>: better than being raised under a broken household or foster home
<colette>: I would argue
<colette>: some psychological issues can be resolved by a visit to the thesnuggler
<Coltaine>: Foster homes are about equal, but if it was mandatory, then every single member of the population would have self-worth issues
<Coltaine>: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attachment_theory
<colette>: loss of human capital? Repairing that economic damage would be more difficult
<Coltaine>: read up about this, this is what my Mom did her Dissertation on
<Coltaine>: Economic damage is not human damage, you are making it sound like you feel like money is worth more than humans
<colette>: Money is worth
<Coltaine>: Trying to base your social society around an economy or idealism is what eugenics did
<colette>: or more, the units of worth
<Coltaine>: especially when it comes to reproductive matters
<colette>: Eugenics isn't bad
<colette>: but the devil's in the execution
<Coltaine>: Ok, there is where you lose your argument
<Coltaine>: when you say "The nazis had some good ideas"
<colette>: The Nazis botched the execution
<Coltaine>: "Like, you know, killing the disabled"
<colette>: they didn't properly execute eugenics
<colette>: they used arbitrary factors such as race
<colette>: giving the concept a bad name and barring it from legitimate discussion
<Coltaine>: Due to the fact that it is a proven pseudoscience
<Coltaine>: I don't know why you're defending Eugenics while you're saying that Sociology and Psychology are "not hard sciences"
<colette>: So apparently AI research is a pseudoscience?
<colette>: it's simple
<colette>: each human is a guess at a solution
<Silverdream>: Plus, the mentally disabled can have a lot of meaningful impact on society
<colette>: we have a large population and indefinite amount of generations
<Silverdream>: Look at Shadowscythe for example
<Coltaine>: again, using math terms to quantify humans doesn't aid your argument
<colette>: create a fitness function, use one of the many breeding schemes to cross members of the population, and approach an optimal solution
<Coltaine>: you are both not taking into account your own flawed perspective in this, and the fact that you're addressing the wrong societal problem
<colette>: I propose a fitness function of intelligence, seeing as to how this is the most important trait in shifting rightwards the LRAS
<colette>: and thus effecting an increase in real GDP
<Coltaine>: GDP is a flawed statistic
<colette>: I'll grant you that it fails to account for negative externalities
<colette>: and is difficult to determine in practice
<colette>: but it encapsulates the concept of a volume of economic activity
<Coltaine>: Economic activity is not a natural system
<Coltaine>: Marriage is
<colette>: like the Gini Coefficient, single numbers are often imperfect but convenient measures of a statistic
<Coltaine>: Breeding is
<Coltaine>: you are trying to aid an exchange of meaningless goods by breaking down the system that is the root of every human's experience
<colette>: Economic activity facilitates the biological imperative
<Coltaine>: Capitalism is a flawed system, Economics is a flawed system, even private property is a highly flawed system
<colette>: by providing a more secure environment for offspring
<colette>: did you seriously just fucking diss economics?
<Coltaine>: The economic system doesn't do that, the tribal system did that
<Silverdream>: To be fair, Capitalism isn't without flaws
<Silverdream>: It's just that there isn't a good alternative yet
<colette>: ^
<Coltaine>: I agree on that
<Silverdream>: I'm not sure if I could call Private Property a flawed system
<colette>: because you know what happened the last time somebody thought they had a better idea?
<colette>: Image
<colette>: Even China has adopted many capitalistic principles
<colette>: despite putting on the facade of communism
<Silverdream>: Well colette
<Silverdream>: Czarist Russia was much worse off than Soviet Russia
<Silverdream>: the problem was that their standard of living didn't continue to rise at the same rate the USA's did
<colette>: well Capitalist Russia hasn't collapsed yet, so I'd call it better than either
<colette>: although granted it hasn't been around as long
<Coltaine>: Capitalist russia collapsed in the 1910s
<colette>: so it may be too early to call
<Coltaine>: Russia isn't even capitalistic really, it's oligarchal and monopolistic
<colette>: Capitalism works because humans are greedy bastards
<Coltaine>: Which is the problem
<colette>: humans are imperfect, so anything derived from humans must by nature be imperfect
<Coltaine>: However, solar bodies are also imperfect
<Coltaine>: thus we can conclude that nothing is perfect
<colette>: except math
<colette>: because it does not exist
<colette>: well, unless you count Godel's party pooper proofs
<Silverdream>: Anyways
<Coltaine>: if math were perfect, wouldn't we have had Heat Death already?
<colette>: no
<colette>: because physics is imperfect
<Coltaine>: or does the Entropy principal count for that
<colette>: very, VERY imperfect
<Silverdream>: The moral of the story is posting an article about gáy discrimination
<Silverdream>: leads to a dicussion about entropy
<Silverdream>: after a long argument

<Coltaine>: Ha!


*EDIT*
- Post edited by Natalya to include colours to distinguish between usernames. -
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tzan and 1 guest