Kingdom themes

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Kingdom themes

Postby Bragallot » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Ok I just had to bitch about this somewhere...

To avoid a much too long rant I'll just say what's bugging me: Lego has much better Kingdom themes now than at the time I was actively collecting and had no other expenses :( KK I was ok for figs but sucked for parts, KK II just sucked on the whole :( Fantasy Era and the new Kingdoms theme actually reintroduced armour but I missed out on it. Teh awesome Vikings and PoP theme also.

Of course nothing's stopping me from buying them now (except for having other expenses and being unable to request them for anniversaries and such), but still... It was easier when you could just grab the box in the store without feeling awkward.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Paco » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:02 pm

I loved KK2. The knights weren't too great themselves, but had great swords and faces. Also the Shadow Knights were awesome, as was their fortress.
Paco
Jaw-Jaw

Postby stubby » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Paco the Duck Ninja wrote:I loved KK2. The knights [...] had great [...] faces. Also the Shadow Knights were awesome, as was their fortress.

Thank you, thank you. You're too kind.

The colors of the original four knights were picked before I got there though, so I take no credit for those.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:25 pm

See? Kingdom sets were the sets I mostly bought as of a couple of years ago. And I just said "I think I've seen a lot of your work and just not known it..."
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Lego does this market-targeting thing where they make sure they have product on the shelves for every type of kid on this official List of Kid Types they have.

KK2 was the first time they slotted Castle sets at the very very young kids just graduating from Duplo and Jack Stone. So 2004 was roughly designed for 5-6-year-olds, 2005 for 6-7-year-olds, and 2006 for 7-8-year-olds, if I remember right (there's a strong chance that I'm not actually remembering right however). So almost everyone here was

:pedo: wrote:TOO OLD.

In their target age groups though, they did great.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:55 pm

...Kinda like the max age on a set is 12? Now I don't believe you.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Zahru II » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Well yeah, that was a kinda sad period. I think I just gotten myself involved at the right time. On the other hand, why do you feel awkward? I mean you spend your cash on stuff you like then who cares about what other guys think?
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby masterMISICK » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:47 am

i was still about a five year old when all the ninja sets came out but i missed out on most of the old castle sets and i sort of missed out on the hole KK sets because that was at the time when i had other things to do :(
I like to look my enemy in the face through a high powered sniper rifle 2 miles away

Sorry for my retarded inability to spell.
masterMISICK
Minifig

Postby Bragallot » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:32 am

I was lucky enough to be able to grab SOME of the fright knight, royal knight and ninja sets, but only a very few. The one thing I'll never forgive myself is that I bought a bull's attack in a store instead of the royal knight's castle, which is just a much better set and very rare at the time because KK I was coming up.

Zahru II wrote:Well yeah, that was a kinda sad period. I think I just gotten myself involved at the right time. On the other hand, why do you feel awkward? I mean you spend your cash on stuff you like then who cares about what other guys think?

Oh, I just meant it felt more natural to buy sets when I was younger and I could also buy more since I had no other expenses so I wished the sets at that time would've been cooler and better for parts (like the ones now), 'cos KK II really kinda was the reason I dropped out. I remember my mom brought home all of the large knights instead of the normal sets (I believe I was sick or something) and we couldn't bring them back to the store so I even had to pay them, it was my most traumatizing Lego experience ever, lol. And now I'm stuck with all those oversized knights I can't find much of a use for... They could be useful for parts soon, iunno.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Zahru II » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Big Knights make nice giants/titans... or chaos giants hence to their wacky colours :twisted:
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby OneEye589 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:29 pm

I have to admit that I feel awkward buying Lego as well. Only when I buy big sets though. A little set is fine, but when you're walking around with a $30 or $40 set, it's kinda awkward for me.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Arkbrik » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Funny, it's the other way around for me. When I buy a single impulse set I feel like a wuss, but when I buy some huge set I feel awesome. Especially as I walk past all the jealous kids in the toy store.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby GrafZeppelin » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:00 pm

I remember having a shitload of original Knights Kingdom. I can find all the minifigs and their weapons, but not those sweet helmets.

What the hell
derp
GrafZeppelin
Hero

Postby Ogel96 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Lucky you. One of the most traumatizing incidents of my life so far has been a time where I brought a few lego to school to show my friends and a jerk saw, stole one, then by the end of the lunch period had no fewer than 20 kids at my table to tell me what a pretty cool guy I was. One of my 8 friends at the table stood up for me.
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.
Ogel96
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Paco » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Ogel96 wrote:Lucky you. One of the most traumatizing incidents of my life so far has been a time where I brought a few lego to school to show my friends and a jerk saw, stole one, then by the end of the lunch period had no fewer than 20 kids at my table to tell me what a pretty cool guy I was. One of my 8 friends at the table stood up for me.
Which is why I don't bring Lego to school. I lost a Brickarms Paintball Gun there. :( Oh, and who insulted you?
Paco
Jaw-Jaw

Next

Return to General Discussion