Kingdom themes

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Postby Warhead » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:38 pm

stubby wrote:I will say that the easiest school fights I was ever in were the ones against multiple people instead of just one. I think it was a psychological thing. When you're against one guy, he knows his ass is on the line and if he doesn't do the job, no one else will. Against a bunch of guys, you've got a combination of most of them hoping someone else will take care of the difficult bits, and the fact that all of them know that you'll be pulling out all the stops because the odds are stacked so seemingly against you.

Yup, break their will to fight and they'll back off. You just gotta show your up for it big time. Of course when it all goes to shit you better fuckin BE up for it.
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Scottsamn » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:33 pm

while I have avoided any fights, I recall a time when this one kid who had been a complete asshole appeared to have tripped me, so I spun around and just kinda flailed about 2 feet from the guy. I was suspended for a little under a week.
"I loved smoking that bastard"
-My mother, concerning an anoying squirle.
"I think his mate saw me. *BANG BANG BANG* Yes, yes he did."- The Sniper
Scottsamn
Dimmy

Postby Paco » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:16 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Warhead wrote:What is this pish... what ever happened to punching the utter fuck out of people?

FACT: if you fight someone in an american school, you get suspended/expelled. if you fight BACK, you also get suspended/expelled. The only thing you're allowed to do without getting in trouble is a two-hand push, and even that usually ends up getting you in trouble.

I once had a kid choke me, then drop me on the ground. I got in trouble for being on the floor.
Paco
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Elmagnifico » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:22 pm

I once had a kid try and stab me with a knife, crying "FOR ALLAH!" at the top of his voice. I got in trouble for bleeding on another kid's locker, and the school nurse got in trouble for giving me an aspirin, and the kid got a gold star and a cookie from the principal.

I'm mostly mad he got a cookie.

Note: The above is complete and utter fabrication, but it fits in with the way this thread's been going, doesn't it?
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Warhead » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:58 am

What ever happened to Generation Kill? I'm so disappointed in you all. :?
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Arkbrik » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:13 pm

My only notable school fight occured in sixth grade. This guy who had picked on me for five years walked up and pushed me. I pushed him back and soon we were engaged in a wrestling match that probably looked pretty boring to anyone watching. After a while I threw him on the ground, getting rather surprised by my victory.

He ran off the tell the teacher but she knew that poor little Arkbrik would never get into a fight.

Oh, and if you expect this to be some kind of turning point in my life, it's not. The guy kept picking on me for three years until we went to different schools.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Rody » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:06 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Hell, HUGGING someone in an American school gets you in trouble.

but it's so much fun, you should see all the tiny midgets squirm and run whenever you play "hug the freshmen".
maybe it's the fact that some dudes twice their size try to hug them that frightens them.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby GrafZeppelin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:15 pm

Warhead: Recently people decided that killing people was an unreasonable way to solve issues, despite the fact that it was the most reliable and time-tested way of solving problems. Apparently, it's not "logical" to kill someone to get something, even though logic dictates that if something is in your way, you get it out of your way.

This has led to a generation of people who will try diplomacy against a road block, and when that fails they sue the roadblock.

Even though they claim to not want conflict, all they've really done is make conflict unnecessarily complex and more conflicting.

So really, they enjoy conflict so much that they create conflict in the name of avoiding it.
derp
GrafZeppelin
Hero

Postby Warhead » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:38 pm

GrafZeppelin wrote:Warhead: Recently people decided that killing people was an unreasonable way to solve issues, despite the fact that it was the most reliable and time-tested way of solving problems. Apparently, it's not "logical" to kill someone to get something, even though logic dictates that if something is in your way, you get it out of your way.

This has led to a generation of people who will try diplomacy against a road block, and when that fails they sue the roadblock.

Even though they claim to not want conflict, all they've really done is make conflict unnecessarily complex and more conflicting.

So really, they enjoy conflict so much that they create conflict in the name of avoiding it.

Killing people today is as reasonable now as it was way back when... which could mean one thing or the other. Whatever you like.

We as a race have not progressed, rather we have regressed. Survival of the fittest has been subverted into, every one has rights thus ensuring that the weak and unfit survive to dilute humanity making it one big soap opera farce.

Killing people is the ultimate solution, even Piltogg thought so. He got hung up on race. A wiser Tyrant would have weeded out the arseholes instead.
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Sloopofwar » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:55 pm

Warhead wrote:Killing people is the ultimate solution, even Piltogg thought so. He got hung up on race. A wiser Tyrant would have weeded out the arseholes instead.

Unfortunately he would have whittled them down until he got to himself.....big problem.
Sloopofwar
Cannon Fodder

Postby Warhead » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Yup, maybe. I guess that's why most people didn't like the idea then hence the war. Oh, look, this argument also supports killing is reasonable, huzzah!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Tuefish » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:18 pm

I think that the new kingdoms sets lend themselves well to a sort of DaVincian steampunk theme, mechanism versus chemistry, veiled as Technology versus Magic.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds
TROLOLO
Tuefish
Dimmy

Postby stubby » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:02 am

Warhead wrote:We as a race have not progressed, rather we have regressed. Survival of the fittest has been subverted into, every one has rights thus ensuring that the weak and unfit survive to dilute humanity making it one big soap opera farce.

That's survival of the fittest for you. Apparently the weak who work together to create societies to defend them survive better than the strong who don't.

Scientists studying the genetic record say we're evolving 10-100 times faster than at any prior point in human history, despite the removal of most physical dangers as a major selection pressure. Evolution is still ongoing, according to the distribution patterns of genetic markers over time, but they suspect it's now driven by traits that contribute to economic success rather than physical survival. Economic success allows for better breeding opportunities for both you and your inheritors, which is all evolution is really affected by. (Or effected by, if you prefer. Ha ha! Obscure vocabulary joke!)

This will still breed out the sickly and weak to a degree, since healthy people are more economically successful than sick ones; it just doesn't weed them out quite as fast.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Warhead » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:27 am

...We're turning into!...

Well, in this case I'm becoming a dying breed and being genetically manipulated out of the running. The only solution is to eliminate all those who fail to reflect my own traits... thanks for the heads up, I'll get to work right away.
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:15 am

We just need to only have sex with hot people. I think evolving into a race of extremely attractive humans is good enough for me. Let fat people have babies with fat people and stuff like that and leave the good looking ones for our race.
OneEye589
Pooplord

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion