TOY STORY 3

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Postby DarthBrik » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:31 am

OneEye589 wrote:Image

You have saved our lives we are eternally gratefull.
-DarthBrik
-Defcon, Coperal
DarthBrik
Dimmy

Postby mr.duckie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:24 pm

aoffan23 wrote: at least they gave it good closure instead of making a couple random sequels that didn't follow any kind of storyline with each other

shrek 4 *cough cough*
mr.duckie
Minifig

Postby Magic Soap » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:42 am

I just saw it. It was mediocre. I am become the mediocre film critic, Destroyer of Worlds.

8) +1 quoting someone and changing part of it to suit an entirely unrelated scenario?
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby BFenix » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:08 pm

What can I say? I've been following the TS movies since I was a baby and I remember watching the first one over and over again on cassette. I truly think It couldnt end up in a better way. Funny (Ken related jokes where just epic), touching and a reality. Looking at old toys still gives me a smile when I look at them and think of the good times.

And when the movie ended I realized that my favorite toys are the ones I remember best, and they arent in boxes. They are on the brickly field, owning each other. Just like old times... and that, gives me a fuzzy feeling. :)
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Magic Soap » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:47 am

BFenix wrote:What can I say? I've been following the TS movies since I was a baby

Sorry but I have a vision of you replacing the robot chicken on the chair and just hooked up to about 100 TV sets. :?
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Just saw it today, and that ending... That ending left me with a tear in my eye, a lump in my throat, and a quiet smile on my face.

I really can't think of anything that would do it's description justice.... so... I just have to say that it was a great movie and a great ending to one of the best movie series of my childhood.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:13 pm

I saw the movie with booty bothered, the ending scene was great. She leans over to me and says "Man, Andy is the creepiest 17-year-old in the world. He really needs to get laid." I leaned over and said "I agree, but I think she's a little young." Then she tried to beat the crap out of me without disturbing any of the other theater patrons, with some limited success.

It's touching that you all got teary watching a teenager's first budding exploration into acting like a super creepy pedophile.

As a follow-up story, I went over to Pixar on Friday to tell some of my friends there what I thought of the ending to their big fancy movie franchise. They were roundly unimpressed, which was disappointing to me. They did show me a bunch of development work for the movie, and now I can share this entertaining factoid with you:

Was anyone else surprised to see Totoro in the movie? It turns out one of the main color guys there, Daisuke something-or-other, is married to Miyazaki's niece - the same niece on whom Miyazaki based the character of the younger girl in the Totoro movie. And so, they were able to work out special permission to use a Miyazaki character or two in TS3.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Apollyon » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:24 pm

stubby wrote:Was anyone else surprised to see Totoro in the movie? It turns out one of the main color guys there, Daisuke something-or-other, is married to Miyazaki's niece - the same niece on whom Miyazaki based the character of the younger girl in the Totoro movie. And so, they were able to work out special permission to use a Miyazaki character or two in TS3.

What? This is all greek to me.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
My Little Pony

Postby Hoboman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:38 pm

stubby wrote:Was anyone else surprised to see Totoro in the movie? It turns out one of the main color guys there, Daisuke something-or-other, is married to Miyazaki's niece - the same niece on whom Miyazaki based the character of the younger girl in the Totoro movie. And so, they were able to work out special permission to use a Miyazaki character or two in TS3.

Didn't Disney and Studio Ghibli have some kind of agreement deal regarding many of their titles? Can't remember the full story though.
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:38 pm

I was thinking about the pedo thing in that scene, but come on, it was perfect!

And yeah, I was slightly surprised when she pulled ol' Totoro out. That was neat.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:36 pm

To be honest, the last scene was kind of like a mood ruiner. It would have been better if Andy just kind of left her the toys, looked at them, and just was like "Bye guys, have fun. I know you will."

For me the saddest part was at the dump when they all just gave up. I wasn't touched by the end, I was sad that they all just kind of sat there powerless.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Previous

Return to General Discussion