America-----*warning: politics*

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Postby Warhead » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:20 am

Well, ok, but I hope you realise what your country does is aped later by us. Not sure about the rest of Europe but Britain certainly sucks American Cock when it comes to following blindly.
Image
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10896
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Postby fredde » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:41 am

I love living in sweden just saying

we got free healthcare and nice jobs free education even highlevel education is free

its awwwriiiight

of course no country is perfect but it seems sweden is one of the least fucked up
Image
Natalya wrote:Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.
User avatar
fredde
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:48 am
Location: sweden

Postby aoffan23 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:46 am

Canada isn't really that great anymore. Well, certain areas. I've lived in the GTA my whole life so far so it might just be my lack of other experiences.

Canada's losing its actual Canadian culture, since more and more immigrants are coming in. Immigration is good, don't get me wrong, but when you feel like an outsider in the country you, your parents, and your grandparents grew up in, something's not right. Some people are even trying to shape our society to what they liked back where they came from, which is extremely contradictory and shouldn't be allowed. If you leave a country for another one, there's a reason you left, so don't bring stuff from there over here. You have to take the bad with the good, and you have to acknowledge that you're in another country that has its own culture and history that you can't just change because you don't like it. For example, I heard something on the news a couple months back that a family was trying to get their house number changed because 4 is an unlucky number for Chinese people. If you're so superstitious that your opinion of a house depends on the number, then go buy a different house. If not, then just live with it instead of giving the city more trouble to "fix" a "problem" that only exists to the one person complaining.

I hate to sound racist, but most of the changes I've seen are made by Chinese people. There might even be more Chinese stores and restaurants in Markham than American or Canadian. There's even Chinese writing on store signs in some areas, instead of our actual other official language, French. About 2/3 of the students at my school are Oriental, most of them Chinese. Most of the other 1/3 is South Asian (Indian, Sri Lankan) and middle Eastern.

Not to mention the amount of bad drivers on the roads. Again, I hate to sounds racist, but there's truth behind almost every stereotype, and this is one of them. Of all the drivers making stupid decisions, almost all of them are Asian (how do I know? it's called looking into their car window). There's also the huge pileup of traffic that occurs on Highway 7 thanks to Pacific Mall, the Markham HQ for Chinese people. The road will literally be stopped for a hundred meters from cars trying to turn into the parking lot.

None of this used to bother me, but it's gotten so extreme that it just plain pisses me off. Especially the fact that if you mention anything about it, you're racist, and that everybody says shit like "But Canada's culture is about multiculturalism", which is just pure bullshit. Canada has its own distinct culture that comes from its history, and it doesn't involved Chinese stores on every corner. The worst is the people that don't respect the history of Canada. At the Remembrance Day assembly at my school, there were some grade 12's sitting directly in front of me who talked to each other throughout the whole thing, and one was blasting his fucking iPod during the national anthem. Honestly, what the fuck. If you don't respect the country you live in enough to pay proper tribute to the heroes that made it what it is today, then why are you even here?

White people are extremely scarce where I live now, and I've heard it's even true in places like Vancouver, and other major Canadian cities.

/rant
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.



I agree with Warhead.
User avatar
aoffan23
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3114
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: America's conjoined twin.

Postby piltogg » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:48 am

Saying the whole god damn world is going down would have been much to depressing. And, what I do know about the rest of the world would be from talking to people on the internet about it. Much like Warhead's current explanations of the UK.

Now that other people have corrected two of these, I might as well Finnish.. :lol:

OneEye589 wrote:Wait, you're criticizing people for attacking people who don't meet societal norms, but you hate people who are attracted to the same sex? Seems like someone's being a bit hypocritical.

Any government that's going to get anywhere for a long period of time can't be a total democracy. It just doesn't work well enough for a long time and it's totally unrealistic for it to be that way. People need to be led and it won't work if they all try to lead themselves.



P1: Well, I would not nescacarily say that I hate dapper people by themselves, just the sin of homeschooling itself, so when somebody does it I am obviously, very pissed off at them, just as I would be if they had murdered someone or stolen something. In addition, members of society should be able to hate whoever the damn well please, and act on that hatred as they see fit. But the government should not have this right.

P2: Nowhere in my huge ass paragraph did I vouch for democracy as a good thing. If I had my way, we would all be living in a military dictatorship, with every aspect of economics, politics and military controlled by a single person. Why, you might ask? Because whenever somebody has money or power, they will become corrupt. It is very easy to kill one corrupt person, but would be impossibly difficult to kill off the hundreds of corrupt officials in the American government. So, with only one leader, whenever corruption starts, you can easily replace him with a new leader who is not corrupt, and in this way, society's resources will not be squandered by greed and idiocy, or at least they wont be squandered very much.

so erm, National Socialism pretty much. (Piltogg)
Image
User avatar
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2416
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Fictional Deutschland

Postby aoffan23 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:30 am

piltogg wrote:
P1: Well, I would not nescacarily say that I hate dapper people by themselves, just the sin of sophistication itself, so when somebody does it I am obviously, very pissed off at them, just as I would be if they had murdered someone or stolen something. In addition, members of society should be able to hate whoever the damn well please, and act on that hatred as they see fit. But the government should not have this right.

P2: Nowhere in my huge ass paragraph did I vouch for democracy as a good thing. If I had my way, we would all be living in a military dictatorship, with every aspect of economics, politics and military controlled by a single person. Why, you might ask? Because whenever somebody has money or power, they will become corrupt. It is very easy to kill one corrupt person, but would be impossibly difficult to kill off the hundreds of corrupt officials in the American government. So, with only one leader, whenever corruption starts, you can easily replace him with a new leader who is not corrupt, and in this way, society's resources will not be squandered by greed and idiocy, or at least they wont be squandered very much.

so erm, National Socialism pretty much. (Piltogg)



P1: Well that's stupid. So if someone hates another person, they should have the right to just kill them? Why not be able to live with whatever decisions you choose to make for yourself, without being afraid of getting slaughtered or tortured by someone just because they don't like you?

Also, wait wait wait wait. You're putting homeschooling in the same boat as murder? What the fuck? So being attracted to the same sex is the same as killing someone? I will admit that being homeschooled means you probably won't reproduce, and a large-scale case of homeschooling would be a problem, but no way in hell should someone be punished for making a lifestyle decision that's already surrounded by debate and controversy.

P2: You do realize that anyone can become corrupt, no matter how much power they have, right? There will always be someone who despises the ruler of their country, and if it is so "easy" to kill said leader as you claim, then there will be countless assassination attempts, and anyone within the government could try to kill the leader to take his or her spot.

EDIT: DAMN WORD FILTER :evil:
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.



I agree with Warhead.
User avatar
aoffan23
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3114
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: America's conjoined twin.

Postby GrafZeppelin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:50 pm

A dictatorship only lasts as long as the dictator.
derp
User avatar
GrafZeppelin
Hero
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Postby muffinman42 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:52 pm

If it's not a choice then it DEFINITLY shoulden't be punished.
thats like killing people because they have eye problems or enjoy building with small plastic blocks!
User avatar
muffinman42
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: Gale Crator

Postby Apollyon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:05 pm

Funny, i never encountered anyone who is a Jesus freak and a Piltogg at the same time!
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
User avatar
Apollyon
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 am
Location: I am in Berlin bitch!

Postby Arkbrik » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:58 pm

fredde wrote:I love living in sweden just saying

we got free healthcare and nice jobs free education even highlevel education is free

its awwwriiiight

of course no country is perfect but it seems sweden is one of the least fucked up

Looks like it's up to me to bash Sweden.

The healthcare is dreadfully understaffed with month-long waiting lines. Unless you're rich, of course, in which case you can buy healthcare at some private clinic. The eldercare is even worse. The extreme instances of people slowly dying from wounds infected by their own excrements are thankfully rare, but when you get old expect to stay in your bed for most of the day because the staff haven't got time to get you up or take you to the bathroom or whatever.

Education is not perfect either. The high school program intended to help weak students has become the most common choice of all programs. And when you finish school, welcome to the 30% youth unemployment rate.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
User avatar
Arkbrik
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2501
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Sweden

Postby stubby » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:36 pm

piltogg wrote:And, what I do know about the rest of the world would be from talking to people on the internet about it.

Think about that for a second though. Anyone who cares enough about politics to sit down on the internet and complain about it* is already a malcontent miscreant, and almost certainly brain damaged. You might as well talk to people on the internet about whether they believe in evolution or global warming; the fact that they're on the internet arguing about it means they're automatically wrong. 99% of people have better things to do with their time. You want to know what the rest of the world is actually like, travel.

aoffan23 wrote:Well that's stupid. So if someone hates another person, they should have the right to just kill them? Why not be able to live with whatever decisions you choose to make for yourself, without being afraid of getting slaughtered or tortured by someone just because they don't like you?

We already have that right. There are consequences for exercising that right, of course, like being hunted down and going to jail or having other people get mad enough to kill you in revenge, but people act on this right all the time. In a lot of cases, it's worth the consequences.

Apollyon wrote:Funny, I never encountered anyone who is a Jesus freak and a Piltogg at the same time!

I don't think I've ever encountered a jesus freak who wasn't, although they don't often like to put it in those terms.

I'll tell you one thing about immigrants bringing in their own culture though. And I'm not going to bother with the argument that you need to go back to wigwams and live like the indigenous peoples if you're so opposed to cultural usurpation, since I think you all already know it. I believe in this:

:rule7:

If your culture is so great, then other cultures trying to barge in will only strengthen and define yours by contrast. If their culture is succeeding despite you, then their culture is better and it's your fault for having a lame culture. You should always welcome competitive pressure in the realm of ideas. You're not losing because your opponent is doing something wrong, you're losing because you're a loser, and he's doing you a favor by letting you find that out. Immigrant cultures can only make yours stronger, show you where you need to improve, or give you a superior alternative because yours sucks.

* ref.: this thread.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Postby stubby » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:19 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Personally, I don't think the laws of the United States are hard to follow. What's so hard about not doing the things people get arrested or go to jail for? If you're following the rules, or at least being smart about breaking them, you'll be totally fine.

The problem is, you're breaking laws all the time and you don't even know it. There is almost no time, walking, driving, or hanging about the house, where a police officer can't think of some good reason to hassle or arrest you.

The most important thing is just to be white. I swear, I get away with a ton of stuff for no other reason than being white and incredibly good-looking, that my non-white or ugly friends get nailed for all the time. The question isn't whether you're committing a crime, it's whether whatever policeman happens to be nearby wants to find an excuse to arrest you for something.

(That's an oversimplification, but every area has its version of what it means to "look" like either a law-abiding citizen or a troublemaker, and in the town I'm in now it really does just boil down to what color you happen to be.)
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Postby stubby » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the policeman's right to use his own judgment in who to hassle. There's no way to enforce 100% of our ridiculous laws, and so they really have no other option but to come up with their own orders of priority and culture of enforcement. I don't necessarily like the prevailing ethic around here in particular, but hey, oppression breeds strength. The local culture of police enforcement is just one more culture competing with all the others, so even the wrongheaded ones are valuable in their own way. Speaking of which:

OneEye589 wrote:Wait, you're criticizing people for attacking people who don't meet societal norms, but you hate people who are attracted to the same sex? Seems like someone's being a bit hypocritical.

This is true, I don't think I know anyone who attacks people for not meeting his notion of societal norms more than piltogg does. Except maybe j+b and/or blitzen. Which means, the rest of you need to step up your game.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Postby Warhead » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:49 pm

stubby wrote: ...I believe in this:

:rule7:

If your culture is so great, then other cultures trying to barge in will only strengthen and define yours by contrast. If their culture is succeeding despite you, then their culture is better and it's your fault for having a lame culture. You should always welcome competitive pressure in the realm of ideas. You're not losing because your opponent is doing something wrong, you're losing because you're a loser, and he's doing you a favor by letting you find that out. Immigrant cultures can only make yours stronger, show you where you need to improve, or give you a superior alternative because yours sucks.

* ref.: this thread.


Okay, I think it's hard to disagree in part about being a loser culture, this is mostly down to our leaders tipping the scales in the favour or the new guys but I guess it's time the tables where turned on us so fairs fair. The other part is about making your own culture stronger.

The nationality isn't important but it's the story I'm telling. A Polish Woman leaves home and comes to work in Britain, she works in a low paid job for a year and in this time her income is enhanced by the state and accommodation is also provided. With her pay she manages to save some money, does she spend it in Britain? No she sends it back to Poland. Ok, well she saved it so I guess that's fair, even though we pay for many of the things that money should have went towards. She then gets pregnant and claims maternity leave and all the state benefits available to her while she has the baby, all at the expense of the tax payer, which she had been a marginal contributor at best in the year she worked. She now has even more state benefits allocated to her and her child which she remains entitled to even though she returns to Poland with her baby... Question: How does THIS strengthen my culture or country?

And yes, I do understand that my government is selling me and my culture/nation down the river for the sake of some cheap ass foreign labour. I even understand that they like it that way as it keeps us all down in our place.


@Silva': Re: The Police - Try working with them.
Image
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10896
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Silverdream wrote:Also it's not always good to be assimilated into another culture. Take the aboriginals, what are they gaining with thousands of Europeans coming onto the plains.


Booze and firearms.
User avatar
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Brodmann area 17

Postby Warhead » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:08 pm

What have the Romans ever done for US!?!
Image
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10896
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aoffan23, Overwatch_Elite and 1 guest