Warhead gets confused looking at new PC's

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: Warhead gets confused looking at new PC's

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:52 am

Warhead wrote:At long last I tok a look at PC's and after dismissing the Netbook and Laptop for now, you gotta buy the basic programs and stuff and the price is just as bad as for a PC so fuck that shit. I liked the look of this particular PC.

Here is what I'm looking at that fits in with my budget. Can you tell me if it's fair enough. Will it work for the new Lego Universe for MiniWarhead too?

Packard Bell iXtreme 5622uk Tower PC
Intel Core i3 530 Processor
64-bit 2.93GHz, 4MB Cache
Genuine Windows (R) 7 Home Premium
3GB DDR3 Memory
640GB Hard Drive
Integrated Graphics
4 x Front, 4 Rear USB ports
Built-in wireless connectivity
Wireless Keyboard and mouse

welcome razgriz, the resident computer guy! im going to go in a list of all of this: y being good and n being bad and anything else being describitory.(i don't know if thats a word but i like it.)

Intel Core i3 530 Processor: y
64-bit 2.93GHz, 4MB Cache:y
Genuine Windows (R) 7 Home Premium: kick-ass
3GB DDR3 Memory: oh heeeeeeeeellll yeeeeeaaaaah
640GB Hard Drive: mind-gasm(my laptop only has 320)
Integrated Graphics: what kind of card is it? this doesn't help
4 x Front, 4 Rear USB ports: y
Built-in wireless connectivity: standard but good
Wireless Keyboard and mouse: why not?

look, the point is it doesn't have vista. vista sucks ass.
i would know, i have it. nothing but problems with it. whats with the short sentences? i don't know. help. please. as for the hard drive, is it solid-state? if it is, good. get it. if not, i would think about it. because solid-state basiclly says it works really fast, thats what macs have and thats why their fast. it probably doesn't have solid-state, considering the hard-drive size, but check anyways.

specs of my laptop:
Gateway NV5214
AMD athlon 64X2 GL-64
15.6" 16.9 HD LED LCD
320 GB HDD
4 GB Mem RAM
DVD Super Multi DL Drive
Webcam
Multi in 1 card reader
Windows Vista Home Premium(never get vista. you will regret it.)

if i could make a suggestion, i know some laptops that kick the shit out of that PC, i need to ask my dad for the link, he teachs me everything i know so i trust him. i know you said you don't want a laptop, but they have some advantages that a desktop just can't compete with. as i've stressed enough, vista sucks so bad i'm backing up my steam files so i can make the switch to 7, so if you see a small rectangular bad sticker with the windows logo that say: Windows Vista just walk to the OS section of the store, take 7 Home Premium of the shelf, THEN get the computer. anyways, hope this helped. best of luck in buying a computer.
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

Postby muffinman42 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Paco the Duck Ninja wrote:
BFenix wrote: Like consoles, they get obsolete and can't be upgraded...

Then clearly you haven't heard of the Sega CD or 32X. :roll:

yeah some are obselete before they where made.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:21 pm

update: i now have WINDOWS 7! YEEEEEEESSSSSS! IM DONE WITH VISTA! DAMN YOU VISTA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! ahem, sorry.
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

Postby Keldoclock » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:34 am

I think i have a pretty sweet deal for ya here.

I use 2 computers- one was a gift and one was Ebayed.

The first is a black(the kind they stopped releasing) Macbook and is pretty cool. I needed some kind of Mac computer to code Iphone apps, and i could use a laptop, so there it was hehe.

The other one cost about $300 on ebay, it's a Dell XPS(Xtreme Performance System) with the following stats

Running windows XP home edition
Intel Core 2 Duo Processors
460gb C drive, two others in a mirror config 500g each
Dual 1gb Nvidia GeForce 7950 GX2 Dual-GPU GFX card, quad SLI
Integrated 7.1 Intel High Definition Audio
plenty of expansion slots, however this machine doesn't see much more than WoW, and it runs that at the maximum settings just fine, which is all that i ask of it :P
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Previous

Return to General Discussion