U.S. Deficit//Spending (Not what u think)

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Postby stubby » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Yeah but we didn't spend all that money so we could go into Iraq, we went into Iraq to justify spending all that money. A big chunk of the economy would fall apart otherwise, so we need to invent wars and murder hundreds of thousands of civilians for no real reason.

The bailout money didn't come out of the real economy, for the most part it was the Reserve printing money out of nowhere at all. The cost will be in inflation rather than taking away any existing assets, and that depends on what they do once they sell back the stocks and mortgages. If they decide to just re-disappear the money they invented in the first place, the impact will be minimized. Iraq and Afghanistan, on the other hand, are financed with Chinese bond money rather than Reserve sleight of hand, and those are guaranteed to come back to bite us.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Anyone have any idea why the US economy is still stuck in this gigantic shithole?

Oh, that's right.

This fourm was voting for Obama.

:wink:
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby piltogg » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Not Me!!!!!!!

but anyway, the reason that this particular war is costing so much is that after kicking the shit out of theese degenerate middle-eastern types, we decided to stick around and help them rebuild and gave them a new democratic puppet government that will dissapear within like a year of us not being in Iraq and Afganistan anymore.

main point: If we just acted like sensible people and only kicked the shit out of the countrys that piss us off and don't try to appologise for it later, then this would not be such a problem. It would also be much more effective at leaveing our enemies incapable of trying to piss us off again.

Also, when we went into the middle east, we didn't just jack all their oil and shit like true conquerors should do (pilliage the bodies y'know) So it makes even less sense.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Silent-sigfig » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Piltogg, I think you should join the army.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
My Little Pony

Postby Pvt Expendable » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:00 pm

not to be difficulty but that "military spening" is kinda the whole thing

Dick chenney;s trucking Blitzen, distinguished Owner of the English Language in Iraq is probably 20 % of the spending not all that goes to tanks guns etc,. a lot goes to military contracyts that make people like chenney rich wile providing nothing but an intagible service

Consultants, a lot of X prez and frineds of prez's are getting millions for speaches appearences and c trivial contracts,..
Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Postby Tzan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:02 pm

Pvt Expendable wrote:not to be difficulty but that "military spening" is kinda the whole thing

Dick chenney;s trucking Blitzen, distinguished Owner of the English Language in Iraq is probably 20 % of the spending not all that goes to tanks guns etc,. a lot goes to military contracyts that make people like chenney rich wile providing nothing but an intagible service

Consultants, a lot of X prez and frineds of prez's are getting millions for speaches appearences and c trivial contracts,..

That was awesome! :D
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:02 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Anyone have any idea why the US economy is still stuck in this gigantic shithole?

Oh, that's right.

This fourm was voting for Obama.

:wink:

Odin Himself couldn't have gotten us out of that financial meltdown in 20 months, even under the best conditions a finance-system collapse eats up a decade of slow recovery, judging by the last 800 years of history. The country wouldn't be any better off if it'd gone for more of the same.

It is nice that we finally managed to get out of Iraq though.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Tuefish » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:21 am

the only comment I have is this: everybody talks about ending world hunger.
Now this is fairly noble, sure, feed the poor children and all that jazz, but it isn't very well thought-out.
You see kids, world hunger is a symptom not a disease.
There will always be people starving in the world as long as they are kept well away from those of us who happen to not live in abject poverty.

My solution to this is simple; Slavery.
Not just for one ethnic group, but for everybody. Voluntary indenture is a great way of assuring that you will have food to eat,
as no sane person will want to malnourish their property. Also, it would add millions of jobs, fix the economy
and boost our armed forces without increasing the deficit.
Freedom. Through slavery.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds
TROLOLO
Tuefish
Dimmy

Postby Zahru II » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:58 am

I dunno, the first thing that always struck my mind when they show african families with a ton of kids starving is....

WHY THE HELL DO THEY MAKE SO MANY BABIES?

I mean seriously.

This is why we're getting overpopulated.
BFenix wrote:Zahru kicks so much ass!

Best rank+avatar combo on the boards

My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Warhead » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:23 am

Here's the deal. Starving African man or woman = 0.01% world media interest. (If even that, seriously who would give a fuck about a guy to stupid to live where the food grows).

Starving African children = 25% world media interest. (Oh the humanity, heart strings are for pluckin' blah blah).

Only exceeded by all the other media shit like what some actor/model hack/media gimp said/didn't say/is wearing = 74.99% world media interest. (People who buy/read magazines should be publicly beheaded with them).

So, having children to starve (along with mad dictators) has become big business and Africa's main export while sucking up as much charity as can be found has been their main import for... well, for as long as we've been stripping their country of all the good stuff I guess. Perhaps like India they are saving for their own Space Program.
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Warhead » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:42 am

Mad Man Solution. Invade and depose all governments in Africa, one by one. It's mostly perfect killing ground for modern warfare unlike Afghanistan so they wouldn't stand much chance. Kill all regimes ruthlessly overnight with a marathon Assassination program to. Once the dust settles and order is restored set up a voluntary (do it or starve type deal) indentured servitude program for the survivors for a period of time no more than ten years where they will be fed and looked after and trained as soldiers, they'll be armed but that will be tightly controlled. All food provided is laced with an enzyme to stop them having babies. Then use them along with conventional forces (who have all the good weapons) to invade/depose and similarly indenture all other third world or problematic countries, even any rebellious uprisings or uppity corporation backed shenanigans. To the ultimate conclusion of world peace/order through domination.

Once the indenture has been served then they are provided citizenship (the rights to vote and of nationality and ability to breed) and provided a home, work (someone needs to make all the weapons) and pension by
the state.

Suprise, yeah the Mad Man solution is no different to the normal one. Go figure!
Last edited by Warhead on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby jmatthew » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:15 am

Okay, I see what everyone is saying here, but honestly, none of it matters in the least. If I have learned anything from watching copious numbers of science fiction films, it's that in another few decades one of only a few things will happen:

6. We will all be slaves to an army of machines.

7. We will all be piloting giant machines and settling disputes that way.

8. We will become part of a unified intergalactic system of government, with each planet behaving like nothing more than one overgrown nation, and probably consisting of only one dominant terrain type the entire planet over. All of our earthly disputes won't matter anymore because we'll have a whole new set of problems dealing with underhanded alien smugglers and mercenaries who--for some reason--can all understand one another (possibly because English subtitles will mysteriously appear below everyone's heads when they speak a language of unintelligible garbles and grunts and bubbly noises).

9. Laser disks will come back into style, and everyone will have hover-boards, power-lacing Nikes and dehydrated pizza ovens and be too stoked to care about "military spending."
jmatthew
Cannon Fodder

Postby piltogg » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:06 am

Warhead wrote:Mad Man Solution. Invade and depose all governments in Africa, one by one. It's mostly perfect killing ground for modern warfare unlike Afghanistan so they wouldn't stand much chance. Kill all regimes ruthlessly overnight with a marathon Assassination program to. Once the dust settles and order is restored set up a voluntary (do it or starve type deal) indentured servitude program for the survivors for a period of time no more than ten years where they will be fed and looked after and trained as soldiers, they'll be armed but that will be tightly controlled. All food provided is laced with an enzyme to stop them having babies. Then use them along with conventional forces (who have all the good weapons) to invade/depose and similarly indenture all other third world or problematic countries, even any rebellious uprisings or uppity corporation backed shenanigans. To the ultimate conclusion of world peace/order through domination.

Once the indenture has been served then they are provided citizenship (the rights to vote and of nationality and ability to breed) and provided a home, work (someone needs to make all the weapons) and pension by
the state.

Suprise, yeah the Mad Man solution is no different to the normal one. Go figure!

I actually came up with this exact plan in the second grade....
the teacher had asked how we would fix Africa, sadly every person in the class agreed with me after I said it.
Last edited by piltogg on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby severalcatsdancing » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of capitalism.
I THREW IT ON THE GROUND

I'M NEVER ONLINE.
TROLOLO
severalcatsdancing
Officer

Postby lrdofbricks » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:39 pm

i give up every trying to talk politics on this forum agian
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"
lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw